Errr wtf Alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmakDaBunny

09-20-2009

Ok so I believed that the triumphant roar move use to heal only when a enemy champion died.

Now what it is, at least at level 1, it heals 50 health (+ whatever) of yourself and allies for 20 mana with cd around 11 seconds or so. It doesn't need any other conditions, and when a enemy UNIT dies, the cd is reduced by 4 seconds.

errrr. That seems a tad too generous and with a few mana regen items, you can spam that. Infinite heal that works very very quickly. Now, I still have yet to try leveling it up and seeing, but as of now, I really feel like something needs to be done. The 4 second reduction should be like 2 or something (units die fairly quickly) or more mana, i dunno.

I see why it was changed originally, it seems kind of useless till an enemy champion dies, but now i think it may be too cheap.

Just my two cents

Jozen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-20-2009

It made the move more useful and less situational. Previously it was when an enemy minion died and it didn't heal for all that much. Great for pushing lanes, poor for team matches in your own base or in the jungle where there's not minions dieing.

Hiclic

09-20-2009

It's a decent chunk of healing, which equates to a reason to kill him. He has always had a strong early/mid game, but has slid down at late because his knockback isn't very useful in a melee and his knockup isn't used often. Now he does some more healing, and it is more applicable in team situations.

The recent changes are probably an attempt to remedy his weaker late game, or to just make his heal more applicable to all situations.

SmakDaBunny

09-20-2009

ahh yea that makes sense, but yea uhhhhh... low cd + sheen = wtf. And that trinity thing makes it even more crazy (just played a game trying that) basically free healing every 7 seconds, doubles your damage. Just... it doesnt seem right.

150 heal for 60 mana is just... i dunno. off.

Nayuki

09-20-2009

...Have you ever played against an AP built Gem Knight? I weep once they get any kind of haste along with their AP for how fast you see that bloody epic heal repop. -2 second on recharge every time he attacks? I love to use it, hate to kill it >.>

SmakDaBunny

09-20-2009

ahh no not yet, that sounds insane though.
but yea, alistar just gets really really beefy, which i suppose is right for his character. But sitting there popping heals all the time is just wrong, you dont even need to be in combat, just stand near where units die =/

Nayuki

09-21-2009

How much does that power help you in a team fight though? They usually occur in places with very few creeps or in the woods ganks with no creeps. It's incredibly situational when his heal will actually be useful.