Ryze on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gerchotalarga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2011

He is actually pretty bad at bot, But pretty good at fighting top.

He cant do anything against a promote heimer pushing constantly at early lvls... but he can 1v1 most melee at top.

Just build tear-> glacial shroud -> hextech revolver > the rest of the build in that order, and you will be pretty tanky.

RxGinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedRyerson View Post
It also says you aren't blowing anyone up either. If you're going to build ryze tanky, why not just play a tank?

tanky ryze makes happy ryze

Shizz

10-03-2011

I agree with the people saying Ryze should be in team fights, because he should be. Send Karthus, Heimer or Cass bot.

Souls512

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
It still boggles my mine why Ryze players won't get bloody void staff.
Nothing wrong with Void Staff. It just isn't a core item. If people are building MR then by all means.

But at the end of the game people have 45 ish MR (if they didn't rune for it or buy items) I am running what 14 MR pen worth of runes and 5% Dominion MR reduction. I hardly need a Void Staff.

If people are rocking lots of HP and MR, a Veil, etc ... thats a different story.

Dragull

10-03-2011

But how well tears work on dominion? I think to play Ryze in dominion you should just skip tears to go straight RoA. It takes too stack mana with Tears.

Serpicos

10-03-2011

When Ryze attacks I just eat an orange and I'm k

LilDrood

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragull View Post
But how well tears work on dominion? I think to play Ryze in dominion you should just skip tears to go straight RoA. It takes too stack mana with Tears.
And if you get a RoA that means it's not going to be at full efficency for probably 80% of the game, even if you rush it.

On the other hand, Tear can be bought out the gate and can get charged from there. While it's true that won't be at fully power for a while as well, what it builds in to is arguably better for the time investment.

Prometheius

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwisatz Haderach View Post
flux doesn't reduce MR by that much
24 flux + 9 Runes + 20 Shoes + 19% from passive buff + Mastery

If the enemy has 150 Mres, you've already dropped them down to 80, cutting their Mres in half. With Void Staff, the drop would only go down by another 30.

I'd rather have the gear to survive the 2s it takes me to finish them off than something that lets both of us blow up faster.

Prometheius

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilDrood View Post
And if you get a RoA that means it's not going to be at full efficency for probably 80% of the game, even if you rush it.
HP always efficient.

Quote:
On the other hand, Tear can be bought out the gate and can get charged from there. While it's true that won't be at fully power for a while as well, what it builds in to is arguably better for the time investment.
No, it can't be charged out of gate. It requires you to fight enemies and minions to charge it because Ryze only has ONE skill that can be triggered without a target.

And to reach max efficiency on that thing, it'd require 12.5 minutes of constant on-the-dot spamming. RoA takes the same amount of time to fully charge while giving you much more survivability.

Souls512

10-03-2011

We are ignoring a number of key points here.

1) I can get Tear AND boots out of the gate. This means I can participate in Windmill at the beginning of the game.

2) If I am going Catalyst I cant get boots as well. Not having boots is a pretty big hindrance in dominion.

So out of the gate you get
Tear - +350 Mana, stacking the entire game.
Boots

OR

Cata +325 Mana, +290 Health (With a nice passive)

OR

Mana Crystal 200 Mana
Health Crystal 180 health
Boots

Ultimately it is your play style that has to be considered here.

If you are going to 1v1 people. by all means rush cata as the passive is pretty sweet if you fight right
before level up.

I usually follow another DPS around so survivability, while important, isn't AS important. Because who is going to attack my Ryze when I have Akali/Jax/yi around me.

Both are valid starting points, just depends on your situation.