Ryze on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danmal

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedRyerson View Post
It also says you aren't blowing anyone up either. If you're going to build ryze tanky, why not just play a tank?
Ryze scales off mana. You can build him tanky and he'll still do damage. He's an absolute beast late game in DM because of this.

Rafein

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souls512 View Post
As ryze you want to build your Frozen Heart pretty quick, and get your Tear early. Ryze is good but won't do if you don't stick with someone else who has a cc. Together you will blow people up, by yourself, you will get blown up.
Pitty he can't farm a tear in Nexus like a lot of other champs. PLaying Eze, you can start with a tear, and have over 120+ mana before you can even leave the Nexus.

But yeah, you need the CDR and attack slows of Froze Heart ASAP. Armor can be hit ir miss, depending who your playing.

Souls512

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedRyerson View Post
It also says you aren't blowing anyone up either. If you're going to build ryze tanky, why not just play a tank?
This isn't true at all either. You build Ryze with mana items. Both of those items have a good amount of mana on them.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2011

He's one of the champs I genuinely hate to face. I have watched Jax go 0/6. I have seen Heimer fail completely. I have watched Akali hide in the jungle for the entire game. Ryze, though, I hate him. Sooooooooo much.

urmamasllama

10-03-2011

tear? or just rush catalyst?

Souls512

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
tear? or just rush catalyst?
Well, only so many items give mana in the game. Once you have Frozen Heart, Veil, Catalyst/RoA where do you go to get mana?

Getting that early tear works out because you get Tear + t1 boots.
As ryze your power kill doesn't really come at lvl 3 anyways so you might as well work on getting your mana up and helping the rest of your team get kills with your root and added damage.

Usually I go
Tear + boots
Glacial Shroud
Catalyst

Depending on how the game is going
Frozen Heart/RoA (whatever order you think you need them in)
Veil

then go from there depending on the game.

Jaded Response

10-03-2011

Yeah, a good Ryze can pretty effectively counter the current Jax/Akali/Tryn dominated meta. He doesn't go down in one combo and with some CDR is exceptionally effective at keeping the hard-hitting melee champs snared down.

Tenmar

10-03-2011

It still boggles my mine why Ryze players won't get bloody void staff.

Prometheius

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
It still boggles my mine why Ryze players won't get bloody void staff.
Why should they? They'll still effectively punch through all that Mres just by barraging the enemy.

Kwisatz Haderach

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
Why should they? They'll still effectively punch through all that Mres just by barraging the enemy.
flux doesn't reduce MR by that much