How do you play AP twistedfate now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

just wondering because i havnt played him in a whiole AP and with the nerf to his ult im not sure how to play him now xD
might still be the same but i just need a refresher.

thanks guys

Hinsor

10-02-2011

Depends on who you're laning against.

I usually max W then Q and E when you can't put anymore in those.

Dorains -> Sorcs -> (another dorains if you're doing bad) -> (insert some AP item here) -> Lichbane

Cenerae

10-02-2011

R>Q>W>E, with 1 point in E somewhere around lvl 8 (or whenever you start ganking, if you plan on it before then).

Farm/harrass with Q's insane range, top mana off with blue cards. Get 2-3 charges on stacked deck before going to gank. Late game split push, nuke whole waves with Q and red card, eat towers with lichbane procs and blue cards. Pretend you're Nidalee and poke the hell out of the enemy team with Q when you're prepping to go to a teamfight. Get blue buff whenever you can to facilitate more Q spam. Always lock a gold card before teleporting into a gank or fight.

I think that covers most of it?

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

^ yup i guess thanks
how does twistedfates nerfed ultimate fare inhigh elo ranked games. can people counter it easily?
and how am i supposed to use it now?

Cenerae

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTreeX View Post
^ yup i guess thanks
how does twistedfates nerfed ultimate fare inhigh elo ranked games. can people counter it easily?
and how am i supposed to use it now?
The range on it's about as high as Nocturne's lvl 3 ult. You use it for the same things you used to - ganking, revealing stealthers for team mates, escaping incoming enemy ganks when you're way overextended and beating on a tower, jumping lanes to push a new one, cutting off escape routes or repositioning in fights, etc, etc. You just can't jump from top lane to bot in one go anymore.

If you're not sure on how far you can go, just mouse over the spell before using the reveal portion and look at the minimap.

AtrumViscus

10-03-2011

No more grabbing kills from your nexus and them blue pill every minute but that was op. You have more incintiive to go team fight and clean up afterwards with ult.

Varamithras

Recruiter

10-03-2011

have to get spellvamp ie hexitech gunblade and will of the ancients, it'll help keep you alive in gank/team fight sinarios

S B

10-03-2011

Pre teamfights get ready to pick a Gold card and hit their enemy Carry or channeler with it (Kat/Fiddle/Etc.). I've won so many games with TF with proper Gold card usage during teamfights...Haven't played him since the global nerf though.

Also I like to build my TF Hybrid-ish, with Rageblade/Nashor's, Ap Hat then Lichbane. From there if they're stacking Mdef then I'd probably get an Infinity Edge to even it out, unless I'm owning as AP then Maybe a Void staff or so. I could see Malady being exchanged for nashors or so. Gunblade would also be a great item for him.

TL Frolo

10-03-2011

WEQQQR
R>Q>W>E

build deathcap>sorcs>lich bane>void staff

soloing is really kinda pointless right now on tf so i would tend to go bot w/ support

XTreeX

10-03-2011

rush deathcap?
so middding is not a good idea? if your ganking you hav to walk to dragon/baron if your ganking lanes.