katarina...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lockedbob

09-21-2009

Nicely put Emissary. An entirely different response as to what I've been used to. Thank you very much. Perhaps some can learn from you.

Sh1fty

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal View Post
Katarina, so far in my opinion, is def not op and might actually be just right on the first shot. She's not hard to counter either, she can't just blink away every 5 seconds as someone said, she has to have enemy creeps to blink to, and they are often not there on a prolonged chase as mentioned.
Actually she can blink to any friendly targets as well. Not sure if anyone has corrected you yet.

Lockedbob

09-21-2009

I already presumed he knew that. I posted the fact that she can blink to any unit/champion including friendly ones.

VincentGraymore

09-21-2009

I hardly have problem with her, sure she survives alot where she should died if she was another champion. Sure a flash with ca 5 sec cd and 210-260 base damage and scaling of 1-1 ap and ulti with like 150 +mabye ,3-0,5 ap scale is good skills. But I don't understand the statement of her skills being lesser, i mean other champions have around 300 damage with singletagetspells and lesser than 1-1 ap rate and they also do "other that damage", she moves instantly to another place (she can't die in the air like corki). preventing healing is nice but hardly usable and with dodge runes and masteries shes hard to kill. But like stated her ulti have short range and there are alot heroes with skills you don't want to be standing in, morganas "smudge", anivia's glacial storm, nunus ulti etc. She do often get more kills than deaths in games but she's not always on the wining team.

Sorry for my lack in nane knowing and exact numbers. Also why is there not a champion based on gold on his skill? That would be original and the passive could generate more money, he need it on more than items anyways and he can't buff others with buying things on their behalf.

Jonah

09-21-2009

Please read my last post, its been edited lockedbob.

Whilst Emissary's first point is spot on, that goes for any champion and points out the obvious. If you didnt think it was obvious, then you have alot more problems then you realise

The 2nd point i dont agree with, Dr Mundos cleave whilst it will slow, and even with force of nature and ultimate active, your only going to be moving slightly faster then Katarina, the high HP is a concern for any carry champion even if they are relatively well farmed. However, trying to get off that cleave for a slow every 4seconds is hard, and you wont likely kill her in a lane without assistance.

In response to vincent, im fairly certain that dodge runes, masteries. ninja tabi etc all have deminishing returns concerning dodge. So your not going to get 100% dodge on katarina. And thats based off a suspicion of mine and also that based on supposed testing of several other people scattered around this forum.

Lockedbob

09-21-2009

I read your last post. The healer was Taric naturally because we were used to her being in all the games post-patch so we had him for a stunner me for slow high hp etc. I did not thank Emissary for pointing out things I know from my own past experience. I thanked him for using a tone of voice that should be used at all times by everyone on this forum. My problem wasn't the fact that we couldn't kill her with our duo. It was that even though I was well geared and taric as well we could not keep her off our team due to high mobility. I understand that overfarmed people should practically own games but I recall a post where Riot states that a champion cannot solo an entire team like what happened in DOTA. I was pretty skilled for my own game so was my friend Taric and we played our cards right. I'm just saying that two well played champions cannot turn the tide around against one well played champion if neither of the two is a carry. We had close to no deaths during the entire game so feeding her is not the case. I'm just saying that tanks are not on equal par against carries. All you can get to give back damage is a unique thornmail which gives back 20% of the damage received as magic damage. I'm just ranting around uselessly perhaps. Just too much work to do.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
You dont deserve that avatar, but anyhow, yea obviously 3.3k hp is possible after you get 5 rylais, but what idiot does that?

You can get a warmogs and a rylais (one rylai is all you need) and achieve the same hp as that. Lich bane is so amazing on katarina its unbelievable, sheen is awesome as well. It shows you how much of a "pro" you are. Yes, your right, the build does include a mana crystal which is useless, but overall, its better then a rylais in terms of damage from the proc you consistantly get from using your abilities.

I dont know what world you live on, but since using the mentioned build, not once have i ever sucked arse with katarina, usually ending games well over 20 kills with very few deaths. But then, you stick with your worthless rylai stacking build, even if you do somehow achieve a good k/d/a, i can guarantee you would achieve better results with my build.
dude are u retarded? i never said ur build wasnt good i just said i would prefer mine. and whats the point of ur lich bane late game when all fights are 5v5 and all u do is tele in and cast ulti? and btw if everyone actually was nice and polite and stuff noone would get his point acrosed. u started this now go screw a doll and whine on other forums.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentGraymore View Post
I hardly have problem with her, sure she survives alot where she should died if she was another champion. Sure a flash with ca 5 sec cd and 210-260 base damage and scaling of 1-1 ap and ulti with like 150 +mabye ,3-0,5 ap scale is good skills. But I don't understand the statement of her skills being lesser, i mean other champions have around 300 damage with singletagetspells and lesser than 1-1 ap rate and they also do "other that damage", she moves instantly to another place (she can't die in the air like corki). preventing healing is nice but hardly usable and with dodge runes and masteries shes hard to kill. But like stated her ulti have short range and there are alot heroes with skills you don't want to be standing in, morganas "smudge", anivia's glacial storm, nunus ulti etc. She do often get more kills than deaths in games but she's not always on the wining team.

Sorry for my lack in nane knowing and exact numbers. Also why is there not a champion based on gold on his skill? That would be original and the passive could generate more money, he need it on more than items anyways and he can't buff others with buying things on their behalf.
well ty. finally someone who realized katarina isnt invincible. yes ur absolutelly right. in games where there was a yeti or morgana or similar ability champs i would die quite often if i wasnt with my whole team.

VincentGraymore

09-21-2009

I never said anything about 100 % dodge? where did you get that from? I just said she is hard to kill with dodge :S that goes for all heroes (but she and jax gets more than other). I supposed people are more blind in rage...

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
You dont deserve that avatar, but anyhow, yea obviously 3.3k hp is possible after you get 5 rylais, but what idiot does that?

You can get a warmogs and a rylais (one rylai is all you need) and achieve the same hp as that. Lich bane is so amazing on katarina its unbelievable, sheen is awesome as well. It shows you how much of a "pro" you are. Yes, your right, the build does include a mana crystal which is useless, but overall, its better then a rylais in terms of damage from the proc you consistantly get from using your abilities.

I dont know what world you live on, but since using the mentioned build, not once have i ever sucked arse with katarina, usually ending games well over 20 kills with very few deaths. But then, you stick with your worthless rylai stacking build, even if you do somehow achieve a good k/d/a, i can guarantee you would achieve better results with my build.
p. s. if everyone got only what they deserve than u wouldnt be on these forums.