katarina...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lockedbob

Senior Member

09-21-2009

The ultimate does not do negligible damage at all. She can simply grab a rilay's scepter blink on her target and cast ulti. Simple as that. Saw 3 guys at once being pwned by that. Her dagger does weapon damage + a bonus damage so it does a fair amount for an 8 second cooldown ability. Her blink is 5 seconds with damage attached to it. Both of the skills are scalable and her ultimate is beyond spammable. How is a melee champion supposed to kill her when she simply stays still and casts ulti and when it's on cooldown she can simply blink out of danger?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vindico Atrum

Member

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
We wanted to create a new kind of character who is only restricted by cooldowns. The compromise for doing this is that her skills as a whole are fairly weak for equivalents at their level.
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG.

Sorry, just drawing attention to this, cause people whine about this all the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
Yea please stop bull****ting, you cant have 3.3k hp just from rylais. You would need another item like frozen mallet or warmogs to reach that much hp.

Ive played her consistantly since the patch, the best build ive found is the following:

sheen
sorc boots
rylais
lich bane
rage blade (optional)
abyssal scepter
zhonyas ring

or

warmogs
sorc boots
sheen > lich bane (you want to get your rylais asap for the slow which is why you dont get sheen early on)
abyssal scepter
zhonyas ring

Basically, if you think you will need more hp then the rylais scepter gives you, get a warmogs first. Usually, you shouldnt need to, but if you dont have a tank, you can actually play a very strange tank support role which actually hurts.

Whilst the champion Katarina does need work, its very minor:

a) Ultimate sound bugs in a map area for the rest of the game at times
b) Ultimate hasnt gone off at times when its off cooldown and in range
c) Ultimates range needs increasing to trigger AND also needs a longer projectile range
d) Ultimates damage needs very slightly increasing
e) Base health needs very slightly increasing
f) The loading screen picture doesnt look right
yo moron i mean 3.3k with natural hp included. and stop saying the build is bad till u tried it. whats the point of lich bane if u dont have mana? zhonyas ring is the only one i could say would replace my 5th rylais. dont shoot off ur mouth if u have no idea what im talking about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lollerman

Senior Member

09-21-2009

Rylai costs a lot of cash buddy, and if you argue like that, almost every other champ is twice as deadly as Katarina with their abilities.

You can simply walk away from her - which is the useful part of her skill - otherwise you can eat her damage with a bit of MR. The cool thing about Katarina is that you build MR to counter her early game, but she does loads of physical DPS late game, so armour is needed for that. Great fun watching people wasting their Banshees charges.

Yeahhhhh she's not OP at all, seriously, compared to many other champs; I'd gladly ask Riot to give her skills mana cost just to buff her skills, otherwise, she's actually quite balanced.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jonah

Senior Member

09-21-2009

(Lockedbob)

You obviously are some sort of scrub player to complain about it, your trying to think about it rationally and obviously havent played the champion more then once because if you did you would find it hardly OP.

Her blink is situational depending on nearby creeps and champions. Its not a free blink like kassadins ultimate. It doesnt even do the same damage as other equvalent spells. To compenstate for this, it has a lower cooldowns because of the cost of no hp or mana but it also does alot less damage compared to other champions abilities too.

It seems as close to balanced you can get in my opinion, but then, thats just coming from a guy who has played the champion every day since the new patch came out.

Not sure about you, but you have no foundation to your arguments which ultimately means your just a typical complainer. If you actually brought some constructive and factual evidence to support your claims it would be fine, but there isnt.

Its clear you heard of or saw that this champion uses no mana or hp to cast abilities and immediately cried OP. Well im sorry, but please go and do some testing before whining, because its obvious you havent done jack ****, and its a shame, because this is meant to be closed beta, you know, where people talk about facts and make suggestions, or make aware bugs, exploits or imbalance on a constructive level...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jonah

Senior Member

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaira View Post
yo moron i mean 3.3k with natural hp included. and stop saying the build is bad till u tried it. whats the point of lich bane if u dont have mana? zhonyas ring is the only one i could say would replace my 5th rylais. dont shoot off ur mouth if u have no idea what im talking about.
You dont deserve that avatar, but anyhow, yea obviously 3.3k hp is possible after you get 5 rylais, but what idiot does that?

You can get a warmogs and a rylais (one rylai is all you need) and achieve the same hp as that. Lich bane is so amazing on katarina its unbelievable, sheen is awesome as well. It shows you how much of a "pro" you are. Yes, your right, the build does include a mana crystal which is useless, but overall, its better then a rylais in terms of damage from the proc you consistantly get from using your abilities.

I dont know what world you live on, but since using the mentioned build, not once have i ever sucked arse with katarina, usually ending games well over 20 kills with very few deaths. But then, you stick with your worthless rylai stacking build, even if you do somehow achieve a good k/d/a, i can guarantee you would achieve better results with my build.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lockedbob

Senior Member

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
(Lockedbob)

You obviously are some sort of scrub player to complain about it, your trying to think about it rationally and obviously havent played the champion more then once because if you did you would find it hardly OP.

Her blink is situational depending on nearby creeps and champions. Its not a free blink like kassadins ultimate. It doesnt even do the same damage as other equvalent spells. To compenstate for this, it has a lower cooldowns because of the cost of no hp or mana but it also does alot less damage compared to other champions abilities too.

It seems as close to balanced you can get in my opinion, but then, thats just coming from a guy who has played the champion every day since the new patch came out.

Not sure about you, but you have no foundation to your arguments which ultimately means your just a typical complainer. If you actually brought some constructive and factual evidence to support your claims it would be fine, but there isnt.

Its clear you heard of or saw that this champion uses no mana or hp to cast abilities and immediately cried OP. Well im sorry, but please go and do some testing before whining, because its obvious you havent done jack ****, and its a shame, because this is meant to be closed beta, you know, where people talk about facts and make suggestions, or make aware bugs, exploits or imbalance on a constructive level...
Sorry for not being aware of the meaning of the term scrub but you obviously know it all. I presented some facts earlier in the post but I presume you're just reading whatever you can flame. I brought up some evidence and as well as comparisons to other skills but don`t bother reading those. You're too busy beta testing and flaming I'm sure. No need to try and seem a martyr honestly. Instead of flaming me you could explain things rationally as would a self-respecting beta tester that you claim you are. You can look at any post I make and can find numbers comparisons and reasons for my claims. Hope I remain what you call a scrub rather than "developing" into a "pro" and "mature" person like you.

Also as a side note I`m glad to see you're "testing" Katarina ever since she appeared and yet you keep achieving only godlike scores of 20+ kills with so few deaths, yet you continue to contradict me. What are you playing on? Practice games with level 1 people? If not you're willing to tell me that no other guy managed to kick your ass so far? That surely doesn't indicate she would be OP would it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lightning

Senior Recruiter

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post
hey don't call her a *****, thank you...
not really sure why but laughed really hard at this....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jonah

Senior Member

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockedbob View Post
Sorry for not being aware of the meaning of the term scrub but you obviously know it all. I presented some facts earlier in the post but I presume you're just reading whatever you can flame. I brought up some evidence and as well as comparisons to other skills but don`t bother reading those. You're too busy beta testing and flaming I'm sure. No need to try and seem a martyr honestly. Instead of flaming me you could explain things rationally as would a self-respecting beta tester that you claim you are. You can look at any post I make and can find numbers comparisons and reasons for my claims. Hope I remain what you call a scrub rather than "developing" into a "pro" and "mature" person like you.

Also as a side note I`m glad to see you're "testing" Katarina ever since she appeared and yet you keep achieving only godlike scores of 20+ kills with so few deaths, yet you continue to contradict me. What are you playing on? Practice games with level 1 people? If not you're willing to tell me that no other guy managed to kick your ass so far? That surely doesn't indicate she would be OP would it?
With all due respect Lockedbob, i did read your comparisons but its hardly based on facts, your trying to compare katarina to a tank, so if you made a post after that one, then yes, you ARE right, i didnt bother reading past that point because you are talking rubbish.

Katarina relies on items for slow, Tryndamere has a passive slow, and as hes a tank he has significantly more HP then katarina. If a good Tryndamere came up against katarina, he could easily 1v1 her, If she starts spinning, spin at her and through the otherside so you go out of range of her ultimate, if shes playing a non AP build, you can just tank the ultimate.

I like your humor, i havent played a practise game against other players since ive been in beta, i actually play with several friends, and we quite often come up against decent players even against 5 man premades, so yea level1 people i dont think so.

And what i find funny is how you think everyone is **** at the game to the degree you define if your good at a champion then it is OP. Sorry to burst your bubble, but being good at a champion doesnt automatically deem it OP. In fact, alot of champions i play i pick carefully based on champion research before playing them. If i dont like the way the abilities are described, i dont play the champion.

I also play a very good Sivir, maybe she needs nerfing too? I mean seriously, i press one button and leave it active and can faceroll 3 people. Nerf?

Oh and before i forget, ive not seen one theorycrafting post in this thread, so dont try and say you use hard number comparisons. What aload of bollox that is.


But as i see you want a more appropriate reply to your dr mundo + healer post, dr mundo is a bad champion, if he gets close, she can run away, if he goes to cleave you, you can easily avoid it by using your blink or simply by avoiding it. Katarina is a high movement speed champion naturally. If hes on top of you and you cant blink for a bit, then ofcourse your in big trouble, Shes a champion with an escape ability. And she has high movespeed because of her low health.

If your a healer and a tank of any sort, you shouldnt have problems killing carry champions until they have got farmed. Going back onto dr mundo and your healer, many carrys can get away when cooldowns are up, master yi has his ultimate, ashe has 3 abilities to escape with, evelyn and twitch has stealth, katarina has an inconsistant blink? Yes because thats as useful as all the other abilities listed above isnt it?

If a carry champion going in for an attack, he will go for the lowest current hitpoint champion, if there isnt one, he will go for your healer. Healers usually have lower health anyhow, and they die quickly when compared to a tank.

May i suggest you play a decent tank. Even if its not a true tank build like Cho-gath or even Tryndamere? And i dont know what your healer was playing, but even if your playing the currently weakest healer Soraka, ive not had problems keeping people alive when needed. Ofcourse, if you want to play a tank/healer lane combo, picking Kayle or the gem knight is obviously the best choices.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

54N94BKNJpxRhyv8

Member

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockedbob View Post
If so please tell me... I have a sincere problem with carry heroes because they can solo tanks they can solo mages whereas tanks cannot do any damage whatsoever in the late game. I was dr.mundo last night with a friend who was playing Taric to support me and after she ended up being fed by my allies we as a tank and a hybrid between tank + healer were easily beaten by her every possible time.

Her movespeed was awesome due to using phantom dancer which obivously outmatched my boots which gave enhanced move +3.

This is clearly why you're not getting an accurate view of this hero's strengths and weaknesses.

1) Unless you really dominated your lane and got a lot of kills, you are going to die against someone who's been fed. If not, then it would be unbalanced. If your team-mates are feeding the Katarina, don't be surprised when she turns up overlevelled, probably overgeared and kills you.

Mundo is a reasonable counter to katarina as the high hp and slow means you can generally tank her and stand a good chance of chasing her down.

2) You're clearly concerned with the move speed provided by phantom dancer. Are you aware that force of nature provides this same benefit? Not only will this give you the speed you're after, but I believe it has some nice synergy with Mundo.