katarina...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lockedbob

09-21-2009

You really stunned me Ashaira. You're the first person today that sees things my way.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockedbob View Post
I don't ever have a problem with any kind of setup on my lane... What hurts is fighting fed enemies after trying to cripple the opposition on my lane. I don't see why I should have a complete team setup against a single opponent... You can't name me a single tank or any mage that needs a COMPLETE setup of 2-3 or up to 5 allies you need in a fight against them. If so please tell me... I have a sincere problem with carry heroes because they can solo tanks they can solo mages whereas tanks cannot do any damage whatsoever in the late game. I was dr.mundo last night with a friend who was playing Taric to support me and after she ended up being fed by my allies we as a tank and a hybrid between tank + healer were easily beaten by her every possible time. If taric used his stun to prevent her from running she would then turn around and ulti us down. If the stun was conserved she would simply run away and no creeps are not easy to find either in the woods or on lanes as Cereal suggested because on a chase on the river she just blinked in the woods and vanished later on. Her movespeed was awesome due to using phantom dancer which obivously outmatched my boots which gave enhanced move +3. Tell me why do such heroes need a specific setup to be dealt with when they can single handedly wreck setups that aren`t build specifically against them. You're telling me that a healer + tank combo is not supposed to kill a "squishy" type like her? if so why?

EDIT: Forgot to note that me and my mate ended the game with 4 deaths each and a fair number of up to 5 kills an some assists. The gear we had was more than enough trust me.
in case u havent figured this out mundo is a tank/dps. go boots 3 and 5 sunfire capes coupeled with ur dmg skill u do 300 dmg a sec to all around u. dont go saying champions are op/underp until uve tried all the item builds.

Spriggin

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
making her weaker for something so trivial as a mana cost isnt really the best of trade-offs. it doesnt really make her a "new kind of character", more like "a new kind of failure of imagination" like no direct offense to riot on that, but i am vastly underwhelmed with, and disappointed in, her.

Yes, shame on you Riot for not imbalancing a hero for ******* like this to exploit.

Socrates

09-21-2009

Yeah I understand what Brackhar is saying and a previous quote from zileas is that they make stuff op at first to give people a feel for the hero then nerf em

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2009

really now, what the **** is with the community these days? you take a stand in what you believe in and people just slander you with no substantial argument to back ANYTHING up. they just attack your integrity and character as if they know you. seriously, i'd love to see any one of the dip****s who slander me to bring forth any bit of evidence to back up their claims. oh wait, they cant because its SLANDER. why do people have to be so ignorant and base? they have absolutely no insight to having ever played with or against me, i always bring a full argument to the table instead "yes/no just because and you're dumb for even thinking remotely different", so where is this hostility from? really, what the hell is wrong with people?

caution

09-21-2009

The internet took their souls

Jonah

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaira View Post
that was me sry . not my fault rylais slow works with ulti. but its not the champion as much as the build i used. 350 ap and around 3.3k hp from rylais is a bit op.
Yea please stop bull****ting, you cant have 3.3k hp just from rylais. You would need another item like frozen mallet or warmogs to reach that much hp.

Ive played her consistantly since the patch, the best build ive found is the following:

sheen
sorc boots
rylais
lich bane
rage blade (optional)
abyssal scepter
zhonyas ring

or

warmogs
sorc boots
sheen > lich bane (you want to get your rylais asap for the slow which is why you dont get sheen early on)
abyssal scepter
zhonyas ring

Basically, if you think you will need more hp then the rylais scepter gives you, get a warmogs first. Usually, you shouldnt need to, but if you dont have a tank, you can actually play a very strange tank support role which actually hurts.

Whilst the champion Katarina does need work, its very minor:

a) Ultimate sound bugs in a map area for the rest of the game at times
b) Ultimate hasnt gone off at times when its off cooldown and in range
c) Ultimates range needs increasing to trigger AND also needs a longer projectile range
d) Ultimates damage needs very slightly increasing
e) Base health needs very slightly increasing
f) The loading screen picture doesnt look right

Jonah

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
We wanted to create a new kind of character who is only restricted by cooldowns. The compromise for doing this is that her skills as a whole are fairly weak for equivalents at their level.
I like this, and it explains why they dont do as much as other abilities. Id rather be a unique character like this instead of people *****ing for a change and they dont even play her that often. She isnt even OP.

Lockedbob

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
I like this, and it explains why they dont do as much as other abilities. Id rather be a unique character like this instead of people *****ing for a change and they dont even play her that often. She isnt even OP.
If having a free of charge blink with a 5 second cooldown which is mostly usable due to the high quantity of minions and/or champions around (because it's both usable on friendly and enemies) is not OP then what is? Why not make her skills cost SOMETHING? It's plain retarded not to use anything at all for a casting resource. And by that I do agree with not so powerful skills but her ultimate and blink are quite powerful and their cooldowns are ridiculously low.

Lollerman

09-21-2009

^ Their CD isn't that low for the underwhelming effects/damage they deal, and for them to be awesome, you need to pair them with Killer Instinct, which has a longer cool down, not to mention her ult is channelling, so it effectively disables her while she's doing negligible damage.

Besides, most champs can spam skills anyway, you just need to be smart about it, where as Katarina doesn't have to be. Much.