katarina...

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Puff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by demandred View Post
rage is so original. We should probably have an energy char while we're at it. I think she's plenty original, just pretty bothersome. Not too many games where you see heroes with no mana or an equivalent.

can we have a knight of death that uses runes too ?? Oh em gee

Cereal

Adjudicator

09-20-2009

Katarina, so far in my opinion, is def not op and might actually be just right on the first shot. She's not hard to counter either, she can't just blink away every 5 seconds as someone said, she has to have enemy creeps to blink to, and they are often not there on a prolonged chase as mentioned.

Lockedbob

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSoultaker View Post
@Lockedbob

Katarina is easy to deal with. As she normally skirts around at 50% health, having a warwick or a teemo on your team can greatly weaken her through the early game preventing her from ganking. This transfers into her being much weeker later. If you don't have either of those champions you can generally beat her by staying in at least groups of 2, and tower hugging or being in a group of three. As long as those groups have a stunner or a good slow she will not be able to gank you, again causing her to end up being late. She is able to last hit very well in the lane, but if you can get a good pusher agaisnt her she suddenly loses all of her laning prowess again ruining her entire game.

I don't ever have a problem with any kind of setup on my lane... What hurts is fighting fed enemies after trying to cripple the opposition on my lane. I don't see why I should have a complete team setup against a single opponent... You can't name me a single tank or any mage that needs a COMPLETE setup of 2-3 or up to 5 allies you need in a fight against them. If so please tell me... I have a sincere problem with carry heroes because they can solo tanks they can solo mages whereas tanks cannot do any damage whatsoever in the late game. I was dr.mundo last night with a friend who was playing Taric to support me and after she ended up being fed by my allies we as a tank and a hybrid between tank + healer were easily beaten by her every possible time. If taric used his stun to prevent her from running she would then turn around and ulti us down. If the stun was conserved she would simply run away and no creeps are not easy to find either in the woods or on lanes as Cereal suggested because on a chase on the river she just blinked in the woods and vanished later on. Her movespeed was awesome due to using phantom dancer which obivously outmatched my boots which gave enhanced move +3. Tell me why do such heroes need a specific setup to be dealt with when they can single handedly wreck setups that aren`t build specifically against them. You're telling me that a healer + tank combo is not supposed to kill a "squishy" type like her? if so why?

EDIT: Forgot to note that me and my mate ended the game with 4 deaths each and a fair number of up to 5 kills an some assists. The gear we had was more than enough trust me.

Faro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSoultaker View Post
@Lockedbob

Katarina is easy to deal with. As she normally skirts around at 50% health, having a warwick or a teemo on your team can greatly weaken her through the early game preventing her from ganking. This transfers into her being much weeker later. If you don't have either of those champions you can generally beat her by staying in at least groups of 2, and tower hugging or being in a group of three. As long as those groups have a stunner or a good slow she will not be able to gank you, again causing her to end up being late. She is able to last hit very well in the lane, but if you can get a good pusher agaisnt her she suddenly loses all of her laning prowess again ruining her entire game.
This is the single most accurate statement in this thread.

Savage

09-21-2009

Katarina is a pile that doesn't offer anything that better heroes don't already do better. She also has a gimmick that basically restricts her from ever being any good ever.

On the flip side, omg ninja?

Lockedbob

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faro View Post
This is the single most accurate statement in this thread.
Faro excuse me if I seem out of line but I am not trying to cry around I'm giving you valid statements and examples about what I have encountered so far post-patch and I expect to be given the same kind of explanations which in turn I either accept or give my own opinions until we reach an agreement on both sides. At least that's the way I see this forums should be used. Now please point out where I stated something wrong and give me some explanation as to why my way of seeing things is incorrect.

Locke,

goji

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post
Maybe they need to give her energy pool that regenerates based on time or rage based mechanics, I don't know...
... or at least combo points or whatever
free is such a nonsense (in this game ^^)

Xarteck

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicodin View Post
What about a character with no HP but lives by Mana. If that person hits 0 Mana then = DEAD. in this case Wit End will rape that mana char lol
i like it

Morzas

09-21-2009

Katarina is a really great lane partner when I'm playing Jax. We can get them down to real low HP with our harass, then tower dive with our two blinks. ****'s so cash.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockedbob View Post
I have only one thing I cannot comprehend. Why does her blink have a cooldown of 5 seconds? You basically cannot catch her unless you have a stunner AND enough damage to bring her down quick. That would be nice but since after you stun her you need to get in range to kill her she can then cast ulti and pretty much own you. This occured last night when 3 heroes were chasing her one of which was sion and after stunning her he got in range fast enough for the stun to wear off and naturally she started casting ulti and finished off all 3 of them. Need I say the chasers were Sion, master Yi and Nunu. They didn't have time to kill her because after the ulti was done they were on the floor. She was AP based with Rilay's scepter, Medjai soulstealer and so on gathering over 350 AP. Now I understand her skills should cost mana and they are "fairly weak" but the blink and the ultimate are enough to kill any hero that doesn't own a stun. How is it normal to have such a low cooldown on her blink? She's the new flavour of the month hero...
that was me sry . not my fault rylais slow works with ulti. but its not the champion as much as the build i used. 350 ap and around 3.3k hp from rylais is a bit op.

12345678 ... 14