Rumble Mid Counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

herbie7690

11-20-2012

So I bought Rumble ages ago, and I had played about 70-100 games of him solo top. Then one day my team were being idiots and no one picked mid, so I said that I would go mid for the first time as Rumble. I was versing Kassadin and ended up going 13-2 or something.

I thought maybe it was luck, or just a bad Kass, but later i played some more Rumble mid games and I have versed Katarina, Cass, Orianna and Karthus, and absolutely flogged them all in lane, going legendary in just about every game.

So who counters Rumble mid?

Joshua Cross

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie7690 View Post
So I bought Rumble ages ago, and I had played about 70-100 games of him solo top. Then one day my team were being idiots and no one picked mid, so I said that I would go mid for the first time as Rumble. I was versing Kassadin and ended up going 13-2 or something.

I thought maybe it was luck, or just a bad Kass, but later i played some more Rumble mid games and I have versed Katarina, Cass, Orianna and Karthus, and absolutely flogged them all in lane, going legendary in just about every game.

So who counters Rumble mid?
Cass, Ori, Kat, etc should have been able to beat you. The problem is those guys likely were bad or didn't know how to play properly against Rumble.

Pretty much, Rumble is a top champion, so most mids don't know how to lane properly against him.

Shuggles

11-20-2012

Well if a Rumble is mid, then there should be no problem with a Yorick going mid

He would menace the Menace.

Kaiden

11-20-2012

Cass ori should have won the lane while karthus should have farmed up and katarina possibly the same

And it was K

11-20-2012

Diana, Irelia

Cuberino

11-20-2012

Rumble with MS quints beats like every mid. Someone like Cass is a skill matchup, but you can pretty much **** on her after lv 4

PierreJauneMauve

11-20-2012

Rumble mid is pretty ridiculous atm, the biggest counter I can think of is ryze right now. Ori doesn't beat him, nor does karthus or any conventionnal mid mentionned here other than diana maybe if she stacks alot of mr.

Edit: I've also had a bit of trouble against anivias before.

herbie7690

11-20-2012

Haha I think I might start maining Rumble mid, he seems so good there.

ObscureClockwork

11-20-2012

tbh, top champs are pretty ridiculous in lane
thats why there is an archetype for top champs

there are ways they can beat you, just mid champions tend to not really have the sustain needed to best a top champ

given this though, mid champions can zone a lot of top champions, and thats what ori and cass shoudl have done. kat and karth should have hunkered and farmed so they will beat you late

UnsafeNormal

11-20-2012

Lux outranges you all day