I'm in elo heaven.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necks

11-19-2011

I enjoy playing ranged AD carries, and I find quite a few of them to be very successful on Dominion. However, some of them seem lackluster. I don't know if it's because of player skill (no one has played the champion well), or if it's an issue with the design of the champion.

Aside from the obvious ones like Kog'maw, Vayne, Twisted Fate and Ezreal, are there any other strong ranged carries for Dominion?

Corki seems like a strong pick in theory, but I've just never seen a Corki do exceptionally well on Dominion. Caitlyn is another example of this. I've seen Caitlyn do well bottom, but I've never seen her successful at top.

Tristana and Miss Fortune are in the same boat of "Meh". Has anyone been successful with these picks? What about non-traditional ranged ADs like AD Kennen, AD Malzahar, etc? Has anyone made them work?

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2011

I think Tristana is strong, but you know that already, My win rate with her is pretty high and new masteries and buffs just made her stronger. She is not at the level of vayne and kog, but I prefer her over ezreal and TF.

Corki seems strong in theory, and when i play him i do pretty well.

Ashe, its probably the weakest and Ive played her quite a bit. She's playable but you need a team with a tank, and the new nerf to flash and exhaust hit her.

My mayor grip with ashe is the lack of banshee's veil. I cant state how strong she needs it midgame, against certain compositions.

Kayle its ok, but its more about how good her shield is for support, so if you dont have a hard hitter bruiser like jax to shield, its not good enough.

I didnt play MF or cat enough to know.

I think ranged AD are very viable, the problem is that Kog and SPECIALLY vayne are so strong that is hard to see a reason to pick any other. I pick Tristana over vayne because I play to have fun and ranked isnt here. But Vayne is imo, As I said in many threads, the ultimate ranged AD in dominion. But say in draft Vayne is banned, and the opponent picked kog, I think Tristana, Corki, Ezreal and TF are all solid picks. Kayle can be too with the right composition.

Cait and MF may or may not be, soo little experience with them to have an idea. Ashe needs some help now that flash and exhaust were nerfed. She is ok, but just inferior to every other ranged AD. some help be either banshee's veil or some little buff, could put her on par, (or a rebuff of those two spells but that seems terrible idea as the nerfs were good, but some champs like ashe were balanced on the existence of the powerfull flash and exhaust)

UglyPete

11-19-2011

Teemo isn't good enough for your list?

I know he isn't a "carry", but he is anti bruiser and in the right team comp he can be pretty amazing.

playmer

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
Corki seems like a strong pick in theory, but I've just never seen a Corki do exceptionally well on Dominion.
Actually, playing Corki on dominion works really well. His gattling gun ability(or whatever its name is :P) is really good if you max it out, and if you combine it with Valkyrie, you kick some serious ass. You just need to build his AD up with the right items.
His only problem is squishyness, but that's easily solved with either an item, or just playing slightly more careful than with the tankier carrys.

Necks

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmer View Post
Actually, playing Corki on dominion works really well. His gattling gun ability(or whatever its name is :P) is really good if you max it out, and if you combine it with Valkyrie, you kick some serious ass. You just need to build his AD up with the right items.
His only problem is squishyness, but that's easily solved with either an item, or just playing slightly more careful than with the tankier carrys.
Gatling Gun? You mean his "Hi, I'm standing in front of your face. Please r'ape my prepped anus" ability?

Pardon the joke but it's pretty accurate, no?

Hugs From Momma

11-19-2011

Tristana is decent due to her mobility and escapes, but suffers because most of Dominion is 'mid-game' on SR, and that's where she weakest. She can't abuse her w / e / ignite at levels 1-3, and she'll rarely get a full 6 item build. I've had some good games, but I think it really depends on how many assassins the other side stacks. You can't run from Talon and Irelia and Leblanc, so she's better off in draft mode.

Kayle is great - permanent slow, clutch ult, heavy pushing power to stop minion caps. Late game she can be completely take over. I'd send her bot for 10 minutes or so to farm, then swap out.

Also missing is Graves, who I haven't seen a whole lot of on Dominion, so I really can't speak to his usefulness. Seemed strong, but he's had 2 rounds of nerfs.

Don't forget Twitch is a carry as well, and while he can be very good, the player is much more important than the champ. A good twitch, believe it or not, is brutal. There's just not many of them.

Sivir is played as a pusher, and frankly, though it should work out in practice, I've only seen one Sivir who overloaded her lane and ripped it up. Most don't seem to amazing, but she has a re-work coming very soon, so we'll see.

(oh, Necks, I hear Urgot is an AD carry )

Leoroc

11-19-2011

I play twitch to great success (he is my main) just have to watch out for certain champs. Poppy and Brand both do a number on me.

Toast Defender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2011

I have had success with MF on top. I think I've done 8 games with her, and only lost 1. In nearly all of those games I was first overall, or close to it, in personal score. I don't even know how, it just happened lol.

CollectiveVolta

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Defender View Post
I have had success with MF on top.

Seņor Pancho

11-19-2011

graves is a good top because of his W mainly. with a good babysitter like blitz or ali, getting double, triple kills at the first encounter is actually common.

I played 2 games with graves since his 2nd nerf. the first one was VERY close, the 2nd one was a complete disaster. there was a poppy, talon and kassadin on my back the whole game, and there was no one to peel 'em off me.

but anyway, he is viable, AND he is tons of fun.