Who would you prefer to have on your team?

Lux 75 33.63%
Morgana 148 66.37%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Lux vs Morgana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Electrotapped

Member

01-26-2013

Once a good Lux gets her ult and CDR, you're practically screwed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantPyrophore

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Vosa View Post
2/12, Jesus people are loving on Morgana.

Anyone got an argument for Lux, just to balance things?
Lux is awesome vs mobile bruisers where Morg gets raped and eaten. Lux also gets exponentially better with map control than Morgana, a well warded jungle stuffed with Lux is a living nightmare where a well warded jungle with Morgana is not so bad unless you all group up for her ult.

Oh, Lux is also a much better kiter, hence why she can do fine versus the aforementioned mobile bruisers. This snowballs into lane CONTROL mid-lane Lux, who, with stacked AP and blue buff is totally impossible to win an engagement against in mid lane, where Morgana needs to get into the midst of the enemy team, which is why she is better if no one really warded the jungle on either side.

In short, Morg is very easy to counter-pick, but being a specialized anti-mage herself, mostly makes Lux's mid-lane life a pain in the butt.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-26-2013

in mid, morgana. The ability to ignore CC and let others do it is great.
Everywhere else its still morgana
In specialized teamcomps or for special counterpicks its lux.

Morgana is a solid support mage who does what she does very well. Shes strong and has nice abilities.
Lux is more support than mage but for this same reason she is more able to synergize with special strategies and teamcomps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantPyrophore

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooZecora View Post
Lux is a better "disabler" she can lock down 2 champions at a time and has a AOE slow, and her shield isn't unwanted but only really helps if she is going AP. Support OR AP lux can be silly with her ult, and its low cooldown.

Morgana is the better "support" when put into a premade she can keep fiddles, kait, nunu, and ANY assasin from being CCed. Morgs Ult makes people scatter and can do some pretty heavy damage if you are AP built, but it requires team coordination to make good use of it and has a long cooldown.

Basically, Lux is a Pub stomper while morg is a team player, no matter how you play them. Lux (imo) takes more skill to do DAMAGE but morg takes more skill (or atleast knowledge of the game) to be effective [as a team]
I would actually put it the other way around, Morg is easy lane and easy win versus nubs who don't ward the jungle well and send their mage mid vs her.

Lux WILL win her team's mid lane push if she even came out of the laning phase decently, where Morg will just make teams that aren't strong on AoE CC die painfully if they get hit by even one bind. This is why I disagree on their team presence. Lux belongs better on a poke and kite team, where Morg belongs solidly on an initiation team, and pretty much nowhere else.

TBH, you don't really see either in really high elo much at all, because Morgana requires a bit of general stupidity to win (survive) her laning phase, where Lux can't actually get a solid guaranteed 100-0 kill (unless fed) early game without coming into her AA range, AKA the range where a lot of nasty target CC begins.

Oh yeah, you go initiation team vs initiation team with Morg on the other side? Take your Karma mid out of the closet and win the engagements. Ever seen an unstarved ADC's HP bar turn totally white from under a shield? Yeah. [i][b]Ever see exploding shield man Ultimate Xin Zhao buttrush your team at 200 MPH and asplode your whole team? Alternatively, Orianna can also do quite well VS Morgana with her strong and endless sustained harass and initiation/counterinitiation kit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantPyrophore

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
in mid, morgana. The ability to ignore CC and let others do it is great.
Everywhere else its still morgana
In specialized teamcomps or for special counterpicks its lux.

Morgana is a solid support mage who does what she does very well. Shes strong and has nice abilities.
Lux is more support than mage but for this same reason she is more able to synergize with special strategies and teamcomps.
I think they are pretty much equal in upsides and downsides. Morgana almost can't lose midlane-versus a mage, but Lux can win mid hard versus pretty much anything... but she can also lose lane hard versus most things (except the explicit class of things that bend Morg over a table in lane... she pretty much hard counters those guys).

As far as team fighting, Lux is the sniper with a net gun that pins you down then vaporizes your face from ultra long range-and if she misses with the net can always try again in about 12 seconds while running around in the fog of war and providing massive quantities of covering fire for her team, where Morgana is the Diclonius (Elfenlied), who, if she manages to get you in close range will **** all over your and everyone else's face all at the same time and in short order if you don't kill her really fast and she can't really be pinned down at all when she gets pissed, but also gets no second chances to do the job right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pikacondon

Senior Member

01-26-2013

I play support Lux and I believe lux is the better team help. Morg has the much better shield, but Lux's easy-to-access slow and snare and the vision given by Lucent Singularity help a lot. Lux also survives longer and is the better 1-on-1 fighter due to her combos. Morgana has one super-awesome shield, but Lux can protect herself as well as the whole team. Morg, as RadiantPyrophore noted, gets no second chances, and with Lux's cool-down reduction build, blue buff, and good
timing, her ult has a 24 second cool-down. If Lux's laser doesn't finish an opponent, her team-mates can due to an often-underestimated passive.

DEMACIA WINS


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
I would actually put it the other way around, Morg is easy lane and easy win versus nubs who don't ward the jungle well and send their mage mid vs her.

Lux WILL win her team's mid lane push if she even came out of the laning phase decently, where Morg will just make teams that aren't strong on AoE CC die painfully if they get hit by even one bind. This is why I disagree on their team presence. Lux belongs better on a poke and kite team, where Morg belongs solidly on an initiation team, and pretty much nowhere else.

TBH, you don't really see either in really high elo much at all, because Morgana requires a bit of general stupidity to win (survive) her laning phase, where Lux can't actually get a solid guaranteed 100-0 kill (unless fed) early game without coming into her AA range, AKA the range where a lot of nasty target CC begins.

Oh yeah, you go initiation team vs initiation team with Morg on the other side? Take your Karma mid out of the closet and win the engagements. Ever seen an unstarved ADC's HP bar turn totally white from under a shield? Yeah. [i][b]Ever see exploding shield man Ultimate Xin Zhao buttrush your team at 200 MPH and asplode your whole team? Alternatively, Orianna can also do quite well VS Morgana with her strong and endless sustained harass and initiation/counterinitiation kit.
You didnt actually disagree with me I think.

Morgana goes mid and does mage things
Lux goes mid and plays a specific role on a specific sort of team


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
I think they are pretty much equal in upsides and downsides. Morgana almost can't lose midlane-versus a mage, but Lux can win mid hard versus pretty much anything... but she can also lose lane hard versus most things (except the explicit class of things that bend Morg over a table in lane... she pretty much hard counters those guys).

As far as team fighting, Lux is the sniper with a net gun that pins you down then vaporizes your face from ultra long range-and if she misses with the net can always try again in about 12 seconds while running around in the fog of war and providing massive quantities of covering fire for her team, where Morgana is the Diclonius (Elfenlied), who, if she manages to get you in close range will **** all over your and everyone else's face all at the same time and in short order if you don't kill her really fast and she can't really be pinned down at all when she gets pissed, but also gets no second chances to do the job right.
You didnt actually disagree again.

Lux fills very specific roles for her team which is what support champs do especially support mids.
morgana is a mage... she does mage stuff. she tosses **** at ppl and peppers them with magic damage and snares and nukes them when she can. She doesnt need any special team, she does mage things no matter what. Lux prefers a well thought strategy


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wilbow

Member

01-26-2013

Another name for this thread: Apples vs. Oranges

1) Shield for multiple people or shield for one with CC protection?
2) Short range stun that affects multiple people or long range AoE laser that affects multiple people?
3) Dark DoT AoE that does more damage if you stand in it full duration or short-term light AoE that does it all at once?
4) Root...or root?

It all depends on team comp. Many champs in your range melee, enemy has heavy CC, or need an AoE CC yourself? Morg can easily be protected and ward against CC, while dishing out a nasty ult. Poke team who can protect ranged casters? Lux is amazing poke, burst, AND she can stay safe in a fight. Not to mention S3 was very, very, VERY good to her with resist nerfs and that wonderful, wonderful mask.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantPyrophore

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
You didnt actually disagree with me I think.

Morgana goes mid and does mage things
Lux goes mid and plays a specific role on a specific sort of team
No, I did disagree. Morg fits a specific type of team too. She's not very useful on a push/poke or BD comp.