Scheduled Maintenance Complete

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BudaKron

06-08-2010

Quick evry one off the threads and into the Game!!!!

Torwulf

06-08-2010

Ack, it's sooooo slooooooow...

Ăllis

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgebot View Post
teemo was trollin'.

=(
fffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuu-

EDIT: I can login just fine, actually... ty teemo

xPurge

06-08-2010

Teemo trolled me.

▄ss

06-08-2010

It's 9:10AM Right now and it will be up at 11:00AM... So for the next 1 hour and 50 minutes, go watch a very good movie

Katzye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2010

WTF Server Is Online But I cant Login What The Hell?

Schendi

06-08-2010

I'm in the queue, yeah! ^^

jimslo

06-08-2010

Well im in so yeah!

▄ss

06-08-2010

Alright, servers are online, login might take a few seconds because of all the people trying.

Intrade

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevees View Post
Uh. AP sivir is one of the most useless characters going full AP, since the boomerang will be the sole only way of actually damaging the enemies, and it even loses its charm late.
Firstly, if you're experienced as anivia you should know that her spell shield blocks 1 spell, only your Q with two landed hits both pops the shield and do damage, ONE tick in your ulti absorbs the shield. So plz don't come with some bull about Sivir is dominating Anivia.

Either you're not:

1. Moving away from the boomerang
2. Calculating the opponents correctly.

I'm not saying that I'm an anivia pro, but I'm 100% sure of that a good Anivia player would beat Sivir and most of the other characters in this game up 1v1 in mid.
(Her E deals nasty damage with ap/spell pen runes, liek 300 damage at level 6 I'd say.)
In a 5's comp the only way to counter AP Sivir is for enemy team to get Magic Resist items. This wouldn't be easy to do if you're the only AP hero on your team. If they don't they're probably either nub or stacked with tanks that don't care about losing 500-600 health per rang thrown.

With a comp such as 4 physical or 3 physical + 1 support and AP Sivir the enemy team will be focused more on getting armor. They can't afford to waste a slot on MR unless its Banshees or GA which is rarely obtained versus near full physical comp unless the CC is incredible and they didn't bother to get cleanse.

The boomerang has a round trip. It's much, much harder to dodge the boomerang completely versus Anivia's orb. If you do wish to level orb you have to set up wards and team gank up the ass and hope that the target is already CC'ed by a slow, stun or taunt to get the shot off. The orb is just too slow. The only thing its good for is farming creeps and maybe, maybe team ganks, but overall the spike is just better due to its guaranteed double dmg when the enemy is frosted, hence ult + spike combo to pull it off. In order to do double dmg with orb you have to let it travel slightly past the target and activate it.

I don't half-assedly pick AP Sivir or Anivia. I go based on what everyone else plans to pick. If most of the team is physical I tend to go Sivir. If I'm solo queuing after losing a few games then I know my elo dropped and I can afford to be Anivia. I never, ever pick Anivia in 5's comp because-

-Anivia is way too slow
-Anivia's orb is too slow
-Anivia's ult takes too much mana (even after disengaging it)

-and honestly even if I wanted to level the ult and get mana-regen items for the purpose of pushing or persisting in team fights I am better off picking a hero like Janna.

Picking Anivia in 3's could potentially be useful due to her wall having more utility and the fact that the map is small but her durability is still pretty bad and moving slow than most heroes will screw you 25+ mins into TT games.

Last note: The only way to do dmg to the enemy team as Anivia if the orb fails is through her ult and spike (plus whatever items you have) so essentially you're only going to get 1-2 targets damaged in team fights. AP Sivir can become so powerful that you separate the enemy team which can make or break fights.

On my profile I'm 50 wins 54 losses with Anivia. It's not like I haven't tried different builds with her. It's not like I completely hate this hero. I love the bird, I just wish Riot would buff her some so she has more persistence in 5's comp. Until then I'll keep playing AP Sivir or Janna in 5's comps because they're far more reliable than the bird as of this patch.