Changing scoring system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acidosys

10-01-2011

I'm sure this has been suggested in general.. but I want to get into specifics.

Defending points should be much, much more rewarded. If only for the sake of your team listening to you for having a higher score. If you're on the absolute bottom of the ranks and your team is clueless, yet, you are doing the right thing in the situation in order to hold those 3 key points (that I'm sure we're all aware of), you should be rewarded so they know who is doing the right thing, and in turn, allowing good players to lead and co-ordinate and carry an unorganized team.

The scoring system as it is just simply rewards the lucky person to live after a teamfight, the runner getting lucky by getting a cap they probably shouldn't, the person getting handed the capture by the ccing/snaring/taunting ally who actually draws the enemies attention.

Dominion simply does not reward the gameplay that wins fights. I've tried hanging back, getting KS's, being a runner, all of these things got me in top 3 scores with a positive KDA ratio. However, they did not win games as consistently as the strategies that undoubtedly put me on the BOTTOM of the score list... this is especially true for the player that holds bottom solo. This resulted in teammates getting frustrated by what they considered poor performance and ended up being less of a benefit.

In addition, defending a node and wasting several players time can be an absolutely invaluable tactic, there should be great rewards for even damaging multiple opponents within a certain amount of time within a certain proximity to a captured node.

brb getting sued

10-01-2011

Personal score should be changed to this system:

Winning the game: +2000 points
Losing the game: +1000 points

chronolegends

10-01-2011

I win frequently AND have high personal score, so i pit my anecdotal evidence against yours

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

A few things I'd like to see on Dominion:

1. Combat assists grant equal points relative to Kills

• Assists grant far less, and often make good team players look bad

2. Capture/Neutralize assists grant equal amount to captures
  • Discourage newbies from sitting beside you to help neutralize or capture a point when they could be rushing to another area to help the team

3. Combat kills grant less points (maybe 15~20%)
  • I've seen far too many people end up with a high score just because they racked up a lot of kills
  • This would also brush away the issue of kill-stealing - If kills and assists grant equal points, then there isn't an issue

4. Minion kills grant points (like 2~3 each), killing a promoted minion should grant 5+
  • Rewarding pusher-oriented players such as Heimerdinger and Karthus

5. If an ally captures or neutralizes a point that is within 1400 distance while you are in combat, that should grant a capture/neutralize assist
  • Intercepting or Distracting an enemy from interrupting an allied channel is something to be rewarded for

6. Interrupting an enemy channel grant points (If this is already so, it should grant more)
  • This action should be rewarded (more)

7. Re-entering combat against an enemy that has attempted to channel on a near-by point should grant Point-Defense points
  • Sometimes people leave combat by escaping the enemy while defending a point, the enemy turns around and starts channeling again.
  • If you rush back in, but they turn to fight before you can "interrupt their channel" that should still be rewarded because every second counts on dominion
  • Stalling for time is a major factor in dominion - Similar to my suggestion #5

edit:

8. Solo or duo captures & neutralizes on an enemy point adjacent to two enemy points are worth double the normal value
  • Ninja caps should be encouraged
  • Obviously though, whether or not players can judge when to attempt it is what separates the pros from the newbies - So don't say it'll lead to people always trying to ninja cap; that's just redundant evidence of low-elo.

Altorr

10-01-2011

what is the most efficient way to win a game if Dominion? = cap 3 and defend them.

what is the most fun way to play Dominion? = run around killing and capping

RIOT does NOT want the masses of Dominion players to play 3 cap defenders. it turns their fast paced action game into slow turtle-fests.

if you made a HUGE (and probably appropriate considering the strategical importance) boost to defending score then players would have an incentive to just sit on 3 all day long and games would feel very different. and would look much less like the fast paced arcade game RIOT is trying to make.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altorr View Post
what is the most efficient way to win a game if Dominion? = cap 3 and defend them.
Wrong.

That's the easiest way.

The most efficient way involves more advanced methods that involve pushing, ganks, and guerrilla tactics.
You know - Strategy

Thinking just defending 3 is the best way to go shows you're still a newbie who needs more experience.