Desperate Yorick help please!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aceist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

So, I just bought yorick. My latest games were 2-9 1-10 and 5-13. I'm currently following this build, http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...28700#chapter9.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to play as him?

theplqa

10-01-2011

Meh I would make a couple of changes to that build.Like replacing Mallet for Warmogs and Gunblade for another defensive item.

If you play dominion max out focus on Q and W if your in SR then max E instead.

Spam your spells to take advantage of your passive and ulti your AD Carry.
During the laning phase use your E for lane sustain.

There are obviously more detailed explanations that other people can give other than me like on a site like Solomid.net or Leaguecraft.com.

dashx747

10-04-2011

Truth be told, I wouldn't use Yorick for Dominion, even though I really like him in Rift. But he can work in Domi, sure.

I believe the problem here is that the build doesn't really fit in your playstyle. On the guide he is being really offensive, all DPS. I believe a better approach would be to go more tanky (check out leaguecraft's top rated Yorick guide for a feel). A balanced approach is better in Dominion, since it is more of a skirmish guerrilla then an 5 vs 5 war, so some HP/defense really helps

Of course, always remember, don't just "follow" a guide. Read it to have some ideas and adapt it to your playstyle and specific circunstances.

Also, you should be focusing more on points then on K/D on Dominion. Sure, kills are great, but many times I was first on the team with few or any kill at all. The most common mistake in Dominion is when peple run around the "jungle" for kills and let a point be captured by the enemy. It's all about cap and holding 3 points, harrassing when possible, kills are just cherry on the cake.

It's hard to be more specific just because of the team based nature of Dominion, and the fact that most players still don't completely understand it at this point (it will improve with time). But I do recommend reading a good dominion guide, even if it's not character-specific, to understand the roles required in it.

Chingmeister

10-04-2011

Don't level your skills up so they stay cheap mana cost and can be dumped on minions to zone without pushing the lane.

Build manamune after 2 DB. SV. Hexdrinker. Atmas. BV. CDR boots. 9-0-21.

Dump all 3 skills on your opponent constantly. Ghouls do damage based on your AD, so leveling the skills up makes them less mana efficient for harassing your opponent out of lane and killing them.

After laning ends, level your skills beyond 1. You may need to level your lifesteal ghouls more if you are under heavy harass.

Flat dmg, mregen/lvl, mregen/lvl or cdr/lvl, mregen/lvl or cdr/lvl quints (enough to hit max with build).

Yorick is currently as OP as Morde was a little bit ago. He can trivially zone almost anyone, but the roundabout peck and hide way he does it is not a popular way to play in the US.

The Tickla

10-04-2011

Definately start with the pendant and health. put one leve in his slow then max his E if your losing too much life. After you get manamune and merc treads go straight into atmogs. This mix with give you a very good amount of constant damage. After atmogs by straight defense unless you're doing well and ult the carry