Free Week Viability: Week 10

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ill Mystic Ill

01-30-2012

Made this last week not to much happened, but I don't mind.
Just wondering what your thoughts are on the pros and cons of all the free week champs in dominion.
My two cents: From experience Ryze is amazing, I've heard good things about Cassieopeia<---Poor Spelling
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-rotation

Argodis

01-30-2012

Jax, Urgot, Cass, and Ryze free.

Sad day.

larkhill

01-30-2012

jax - new buffs will make him even better. new items make him bannable

nunu - no.

ryze - one of the better bot laners.

zil - no...kinda. it might work but honestly, not really

shen - no. his shield isnt large enough to save anyone

galio - could work. needs team coordination though. counters cass bot fairly well

urgot - one of the better bot laners if u can hit ur E. he does have some trouble with super aggressive sustain champs like kayle if ur not careful. he also has a bit of toruble with kass/ap kog.

cass - decent bot as well. bit fragile early tho.

cait - honestly, i dont see it. people keep saying it works and she's good in dom but i just dont get it.

sej - leona does everything sej does but better.

Kedali

01-30-2012

Been looking to try out a tank but ran out of IP, and all the ones that sounded interesting to me were 6300 (other than Gragas), so I'm thrilled that both Galio and Sejuani are free this week so I can give them a real try, especially since I believe both are strong picks for Dominion.

lbgsloan

01-30-2012

Jax - He's still good, but the jury's still out on how exactly he should be built now. Trinity Jax seems to be the way to go now. The buff to his E should improve him a fair bit.

Nunu - Can be strong, but incredibly team dependent. Weak pick in soloq.

Ryze - Top tier mage pick, not much else to say. No other mages get to build two full tank items and not lose any damage.

Zilean - He can be decent, one of the better support mage picks. Bombs hurt early on, speed/slow is good, and his ult is trolltastic. Kind of drops off lategame. Hard to say, since I don't see him much.

Shen - Someday Riot will buff him. Until then, he's generally a liability compared to any other tank pick.

Galio - Hard to work with on Dominion. Can do decent damage, and ult can win fights, but somewhat lacking when his ult is down. Worth a try, he's fun to play.

Urgot - Strong bottom laner. Also works up top. Unpopular on SR, Dominion is a great place to go for Urgot players.

Cass - Very strong mage pick. Excels bottom lane, but works up top too. Hard to go wrong with her.

Caityln - Mediocre in terms of RDPS carries on Dominion. She has good poke and some utility, but lacks the raw damage output of other carries.

Sejunai - Dunno, never used her. Unpopular on Dominion, I've only seen a few try her. Has decent cc, but poor damage.\

Quote:
Ryze free
Dude, he's 450 IP. Everyone who plays Dominion has him by now.

socillion

01-30-2012

Zilean - I played him a lot for a while, with quite a few different builds, and he just doesn't work well on dom. His bombs deal negligible damage late game, even with full AP, and his combo has a frustratingly long cooldown early game.

His speedup is really good for preventing mid BDs/getting to their mid, but he is as useless as leona 1v1, and has issues poking people off points because of his 700 range.

The resurrection ult is pretty amazing. That said, vs good players it is much less useful because they avoid triggering the heal, or focus you with chained CC so you either ult yourself at 40-50% hp or die.

He is also very mana hungry, especially if you build CDR for more ults/speedups.

I had most success with a tanky CDR build, the general idea being CDR boots (sometimes mercs) + RoA, then frozen heart/force of nature/a kindlegem item. You also have to get QSS (or cleanse, I guess) almost every game if you want to get off ults.

Ill Mystic Ill

01-30-2012

I'm liking the discussion, and this is off-topic but what is a good way to approach cass, Full AP, or tankier like roa abyssal scepter?