NaNoWriMo Ideas

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrsMunky

10-11-2011

20 more days!

Birdy51

10-11-2011

Hmm... What are all the requirements for NaNoWriMo? I might try to make one up about the Noxian campaigns against Demacia and Ionia.

MrsMunky

10-13-2011

Sorry Birdy51, I've been away from the comp for a few days (sick).

So, the whole point of NaNoWriMo is to write an entire novel within a month. The normal "rules" are, you can make outline, character designs, etc, But you're not supposed to actually write any prose til the first of November. The point is to get 50,000 words not necessarily an amazing - grammar perfect piece. I however am using one I already started, I'm just in the process of picking it back up. Therefore, the League novel I hope to finish isn't the one I plan on doing for the official NaNoWriMo (google it to find their actual website) its for here, so I didn't see any problem with working on it ahead of time.

So, the true requirement is: at least 50,000 words.
If you break it down per day: 1667 words a day in Nov.

Birdy51

10-13-2011

I'll give it a shot!

If it goes over well here, perhaps I'll submit it.

MrsMunky

10-13-2011

Awesome :3

Sakura Kyoko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

Hm, I know I wasn't supposed to post it on the forums here, or anywhere else for that matter but I am writing a mystery/psychological thriller based around the "C" mystery. Though, I'm not sure how interested people would be in it.
:x

MrsMunky

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlov View Post
Hm, I know I wasn't supposed to post it on the forums here, or anywhere else for that matter
o_o? sorry i'm confused.

As for the topic itself, sounds awesome!

Sakura Kyoko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

@ MrsMunky: Because then I started my novel/story a little too early. I wonder, can I still submit it?

MrsMunky

10-14-2011

Ooooh I see what you are saying now. For here, it's fine, don't worry about it. For the official NaNoWriMo submission (for their site) it does say you are supposed to start on the 1st, however they don't have a way to keep track of when you started so its all an integrity based thing. Since there isn't any actual "prizes" or anything I wouldn't worry about it to much. To me anyone who writes a novel should get a pat on the back cuz it's hard work for sure.

But for here I would say it's just about getting it finished before November ends.

frostyvamp

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlov View Post
@ MrsMunky: Because then I started my novel/story a little too early. I wonder, can I still submit it?
if you go to the site, it does say, as Munky has been saying, that you're not meant to start till november 1st..
but its all a personal thing about pushing your limits and setting goals.... if you *do* start before november 1st, and aim to have XXXXXX words by the end of november, go for it! its not meant to be a "write a novel in this month, and this month only or else your soul will be forfeit to the gods of torture and pain" event, but in saying that, you should definatly aim for something for the end of november, maybe adding 50k words to your novel, and finishing it by december..

And also, I have made a calander for NaNoWriMo for my sister, with word count goals per day (allowing for certain things to happen on certain days etc) at http://frostyvamp.deviantart.com/#/d4cuhsj.. Having something like that will help immensely (its a wallpaper for her computer, aswell as something she'll print out for her folder) also with inspirational quotes and ideas to help with it.
hope any of you NaNo'ers get a use out of it, and if you want me to do something similar, I'll be checking this thread dayly again (atleast) (I stopped due to being busy irl for a week or so, with work and reading lores)

1234567 ... 10