NaNoWriMo Ideas

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrsMunky

10-04-2011

Actually, I've seen a multiple of threads/posts wanting a Garen/Katarina romance, besides a one-shot. Not sure if you could make a full fledged novel out of it.

Maybe if Garen was sent to go investigate/find something and Katarina was originally sent to assassinate him or steal what he's finding, they could wind up having to help each other escape some unspeakable horror or something rather. (Just throwing ideas out there)

frostyvamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2011

Or it could be a bit of a novel, be worked into the current world of runeterra, instead of the whole book being focused on them..
A writing style that i really quite like is from "The Last Days" - Scott Westerfeld, the 2nd book in the Peeps series (2 books long -_-), Is each chapter is written as if it was the recollection from one of the main characters, So the character was telling the story, any information that another character knew (and thus mentioned in his chapter) might not be mentioned at all by another, more oblivious character, and so on..
the chapters was going in a semi-random fashion, bearing relevance only really through the story, instead of being a set cycle, and its confusing at first..
But once I started to understand and follow it, (about 1/2 through the book ._.) I really enjoyed it.. Some of us could encorperate ideas like that, not just characters but also side stories, as long as it has relevance in the long term (ie the stories coming together in the end, or directly influencing each other through the same time etc) could be really really cool

Sorry if my post makes little sense.. its 3am ish, and im going to bed

MrsMunky

10-04-2011

That sounds really awesome. I *think* I've read a novel somewhat like that before, but I don't recognize that series.

I was thinking (if everyone wanted to) we could put all of our stories together and make an anthology

MrsMunky

10-06-2011

The only thing about Katarina and Garen is, I can see them having a fling (i.e. getting very, very drunk) but I don't believe I could ever see them actually "getting together." They're from two completely different backgrounds, and I can't see Garen casting aside his sense of justice or for Katarina to stop being bloodthirsty.

Niblib

10-07-2011

A story about Jarvan's time away. After his capture when he took a squad south of the great divide and came back two years later with only two other men. There's a novel in there somewhere.

MrsMunky

10-08-2011

That's an awesome idea, it would require some JoJ research though.

So how many people do we actually have writing?

Sillybro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

I'm silly and new so is my question! What exactly is "NaNoWriMo"?

Elyks

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillybro View Post
I'm silly and new so is my question! What exactly is "NaNoWriMo"?
National Novel Writing Month, an event dedicated to writing a 50,000 word novel during November.

Nanowrimo.org if you're curious.

I was so excited to see this thread since I've already got my idea for my nanowrimo project, but I've really wanted to see some longer LoL stories. The ones that I've been particularly interested in reading/writing are the histories of Runeterra, specifically the previous Rune Wars. I've always felt that a chronicle of the massive battles raging across the land, mages unleashing spells so destructive they actually alter the landscape, and weapons of every possible design would make for one killer epic fantasy novel.

For a more personal, less complicated novel, it could be interesting to focus on the champions from universes outside of Runeterra and examine either their home reality or how they had to adjust and deal with the culture shock of being in a different world. For example, consider Anivia. What does a giant elemental bird eat? Where does she live? Does she have hobbies? How does she open doors without opposable thumbs?

In any case, I probably won't get around to writing any LoL based stories until after November, so if anyone is looking for ideas or a collaboration, hit me up either on the forums or in game. Always looking for writers to bounce ideas off of.

MrsMunky

10-09-2011

I had actually planned in the beginning to do a pre-league war story but I got so wrapped up in my new idea that I abandoned it.

frostyvamp

10-09-2011

Hm, I think a very pre league story could be cool, when there was less order and even civilisation around.. With Brand being free (in his true form, or a different, more.. primitive body), and possibly amumu before he was mummified, it could be based around the creation of Galio, or it could even be based around Anivia before her transport to runeterra (Although, I know she was summoned during the creation of the league, not around the creation of civilisation.. =S), mentions of Renekton and Nasus could be made, along with the possible battle of Kayle vs Morgana, if this has been happening for that long. etc :3

123456 ... 10