Malzahar ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bloodynub

06-07-2010

So i love malzahar, but one thing i have noticed is how easy it is to get out of his ult. Akalis smoke bomb before the beam hits, pantheon stun before the beam hits, any stun before the beam hits, sivirs shield, etc etc. I would suggest making the stun instant as soon as you hit the button (and no, its not there is a small delay) to avoid a huge cooldown wasted for nothing.

Oh and speaking of that, Karthas. I played a game with him yesterday and i used my ult. I was about half way done casting when bam, ashe arrow stuns me and hey look at that, cooldown used and the ult never went off! That shouldn't happen. The spell was never finished casting therefor it was never used which means the cooldown shouldn't be used.

I dunno, maybe something should be done about both of these.

MrLumber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2010

Sorry guy, but interrupts are a key part of this game, and add an extra (and much needed) level of skill that is one of the few that goes into the metagame. Additionally one of the skill points of malzahar is being able to land his silence so that you can pull off the combo without interruption.

The one casting time I have a problem with is cho'gaths feast, not because it gets interrupted, but because its based around landing kills its lengthy casting time often gets your target killed by other players before it connects.

Bladee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2010

Its because he ult is a channeling ult... like fiddle 2 seconds channeling before his ults triggers

Flurry

06-07-2010

+1 for malz ult prob, his ult need a couple of tweeks
.1) instant stun not 1 sec time till stun
.2) merc's should not near to halfen the dmg and the time stunned

-1000 for karthus ult prob: oh y that would be nice, karthus sees someone low and sets his ult, ashe sees that and puts a stun on him, wow rly nice the guy survives... not karthus just channels again and dead xD that would so not be fair for such a cool thing done by ashe, otherwise the same thing should also be done for fiddle, see fiddle is channeling, he gets a stun, so what he flashes away and begins channeling again xD stupid idea of u sry

Azheal

06-07-2010

Merc same as cleanse should only take off/shorten the stun not dmg

bloodynub

06-07-2010

The karthas thing i see, but mal's ult DEF needs a fix. its his ULT for goodness sake. And you mention fiddle, his isen't a channel its a cast WITH A FLASH. Much much different. With fiddle you can hide in a bush and SUPRISE FLASH CROWSTORM! with mal you can't do that

throwhemon

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodynub View Post
The karthas thing i see, but mal's ult DEF needs a fix. its his ULT for goodness sake. And you mention fiddle, his isen't a channel its a cast WITH A FLASH. Much much different. With fiddle you can hide in a bush and SUPRISE FLASH CROWSTORM! with mal you can't do that
dont know what your talking about sir, i run with flash on mal and hide in bushes. Wait for an enemy to walk by and use flash+ult= dead enemy, not to mention if your fast enough you can cast his skill shot and AoE before the flash or after.

Cradum

06-07-2010

Malzahar's ultimate is like Warwick's ultimate, except his ultimate (malzahar's) actually hurts. So, who cares? If you can interupt it, interupt it.

Part of the game buddy.

Bilun

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodynub View Post
So i love malzahar, but one thing i have noticed is how easy it is to get out of his ult. Akalis smoke bomb before the beam hits, pantheon stun before the beam hits, any stun before the beam hits, sivirs shield, etc etc. I would suggest making the stun instant as soon as you hit the button (and no, its not there is a small delay) to avoid a huge cooldown wasted for nothing.

Oh and speaking of that, Karthas. I played a game with him yesterday and i used my ult. I was about half way done casting when bam, ashe arrow stuns me and hey look at that, cooldown used and the ult never went off! That shouldn't happen. The spell was never finished casting therefor it was never used which means the cooldown shouldn't be used.

I dunno, maybe something should be done about both of these.
It's a disable that also deals high base damage+1.5 AP ratio, on a champion with multiple other dots/aoe dots(which is to say a champion that really benefits from a disable an doesn't lose alot in having to channel it).

if it couldn't be interrupted it would be overpowered.

The same is trye of most of the ults that require channeling. The possibility of an interrupt negating them is the only thing that keeps them balanced.