AP carry zilean?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fs Son0fSilas

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidilen View Post
Hey Smoothlikebuttah

Zilean mid is still a really good pick! The one thing about him is that he is a very early game mage (still with potential for late game, depending on the building of items). As far as it goes he is able to still do all the roles of an APC!

Reginald (a famous player in this game) still likes to run Zilean mid!

If you have any more questions just ask!

Happy Summoning

~Nidilen
SERIOUSLY, why are you signing every post? And while it's kind of you to address everyone by name (I respect that) Smoothlikebuttah is unlikely to come back to this thread. It's over a month old. I'm just saying...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mambawarrior0

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Am I the only one who's starting to think damien is a troll?
His account is lvl 1 with no games and he repeatedly gives advice that is quite often completely awful, I'm starting to think he knows more than he reveals and he is intentionally trying to mislead players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fs Son0fSilas

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damein Sandow View Post
good luck doing damage with zileans, .6 ap ratio bomb, that gives enemy time to use heal taric soraka alistar, gives them time to use shield janna leona, gives them time to use heal summoner spell if about to die. use extra mana to double cast it for 1.2 ap damage, good now you did slightly more damage than nunu's iceblast but you didn't low them like nunu's iceblast does.

heck. ap leona soraka nautilus alistar, all got more ap ratios than a zilean. but zileans is sort of safer.

i am not saying zilean is bad, he is just niche.

keep in mind any mage has way more total ap ratios on their kits than zilean does, even non-mage more tanky ap champs got more than zilean. go on lol wiki and look it up.

I was under the assumption it was a .9 ratio with 90 base damage at level 1. Which means at level 2 you'll be double bombing for 180 + 1.8 AP... and level 3 the base damage goes up to what 145? That's 290 + 1.8 AP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
Am I the only one who's starting to think damien is a troll?
His account is lvl 1 with no games and he repeatedly gives advice that is quite often completely awful, I'm starting to think he knows more than he reveals and he is intentionally trying to mislead players.
I am here to help new players. LOL wiki this page: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Zilean

says how useless ap mid zilean is. I need not say any more. How is that misleading players.

I am here to help people. I am pointing out simply what this page states. Which is nothing but facts.

Zilean is not picked often for a good reason, he is simply EXTREMELY niche.

Calling REAL LIFE HUMAN BEINGS out and claiming they are trolls, that in itself is trolling. I need not say more about that.

I admit I am not new to the game, but you are allowed to be in the new player section if you help new players. Plus, my 1 and only troll thread about me being a father, was made when i was drunk and you guys should not of bumped it as much as you did. Let that thread die. I never replied to that thread for a reason, I was the better man.

Now let me help the community with out being the victim of trolling from you mambawarrior


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSilas View Post
I was under the assumption it was a .9 ratio with 90 base damage at level 1. Which means at level 2 you'll be double bombing for 180 + 1.8 AP... and level 3 the base damage goes up to what 110?
You are right! I had a brain fart. for some reason I thought it was .6.

With this said. .9 which can easily be 1.8 if he double casts it is INDEED not bad for a mage harass combo.

I am human. You caught me. In no way was I trying to mislead. i just had a brain fart.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mambawarrior0

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damein Sandow View Post
LOL wiki this page: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Zilean

says how useless ap mid zilean is.
What?
The only mention of AP on the entire Zilean page is this:
Quote:
Building ability power is recommended, due to the high AP ratios on the damage from Time Bomb and the revive from Chrono Shift.
Under "Build usage," in the strategy category.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fs Son0fSilas

Senior Member

11-09-2012

To make a final point, you should really fact check yourself. Posting false information and basically daring someone to prove you wrong, and then being defensive when it is argued that you often post incorrect observations ends up showing your further lack of knowledge. The Fact is Zilean is a strong early-mid game AP carry. By late game however his damage significantly falls off due to the fact he only has one damage ability. Building MR will drastically reduce the amount of damage he deals, and getting a Banshies Veil with often negate his ability to combo.

That being said, his ult is a late game life saver. It "Heals" for a % of AP, which means you can revive AD carries to near full hp. Trust me, you should be saving it for ADCs.

At 40% CDR he can Double bomb very often, chain speed himself/chain slow the enemy, and ult during every team fight. He is HIGHELY mana intensive, so blue is a must.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
What?
The only mention of AP on the entire Zilean page is this:

Under "Build usage," in the strategy category.
I have no idea what you are trying to imply or say here. Nothing you just said made any sense to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damein Sandow View Post
I have no idea what you are trying to imply or say here. Nothing you just said made any sense to me.
And nothing you say makes sense to anyone...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSilas View Post
To make a final point, you should really fact check yourself. Posting false information and basically daring someone to prove you wrong, and then being defensive when it is argued that you often post incorrect observations ends up showing your further lack of knowledge. The Fact is Zilean is a strong early-mid game AP carry. By late game however his damage significantly falls off due to the fact he only has one damage ability. Building MR will drastically reduce the amount of damage he deals, and getting a Banshies Veil with often negate his ability to combo.

That being said, his ult is a late game life saver. It "Heals" for a % of AP, which means you can revive AD carries to near full hp. Trust me, you should be saving it for ADCs.

At 40% CDR he can Double bomb very often, chain speed himself/chain slow the enemy, and ult during every team fight. He is HIGHELY mana intensive, so blue is a must.
First of all there is no such thing as being unknowledgeable when that wiki page says all the knowledge. secondly you proved my point he is niche for that very reason, but your sort of wrong here. In a team fight you'd want to drop your bombs on the enemy ranged ad carry, NO enemy ranged ad carry would purchase banshees viel. If they did now YOUR ad carry has a major edge and you'd probably win. Why would you drop a bomb on someone who has the bubble up any ways. I am unknowledge on if zileans slow pops the bubble, if so, then you'd probably use the slow to pop the bubble or atleast that is an alternative if it exists. Thirdly there is a thing called sorcerers boots and void staff, that makes your magic damage penetrate these so called resistances. so it's almost like you doing true damage. It is HP stacking that sort of fights against this true damage penetrating.

basically zilean is useful to his team if he gets auras like will of ancients maybe even randumins omen, and zekes herald, or locket of iron solarie or reverie ghost active aura. he is more useful if he does these things.

he is not played often, that is a fact. you can't deny that.

another thing about his ult is this: he uses it to prevent damage, but which is niche, but another ult that just nukes people, or heals your team, or cc's their team. these ult help team fights more than zileans. also good players watch for the gold things, and switch targets making zileans ult do nothing. other times they just kill the person twice as if it was no big deal.