Is Jax getting nerfed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Walkingbox

06-06-2010

I have a friend of mine who play LoL with me, I don't think he's ready for challenging characters so I thought I should suggest him getting Jax. I've seen a lot of complaints about Jax that is OP; I don't mind if he's going to get nerfed, but my trouble is that is he getting nerfed that bad that he isn't as fun as before? Like I said I personally don't mind him getting nerfed, but at the same side I want him to be fun for my friend to play.

TheIronFist

06-06-2010

I'd suggest kat for an easy champ. You basically can build anythign except mana and do well with her and she has super spammable easy to use abilities.

Jax isn't OP and currently is focused extremely heavily. Jax is only OP on TT where he can singlehandedly smash teams but if you play summoners rift don't worry he isn't OP.

As far as I know riot isn't going to nerf him anymore. Heck thanks to hextech gunblade he actually is stronger because he is one of the more prominent hybrids in this game.

OMBlah

06-06-2010

I just want him to be less unkill-able. It makes me sad when he goes all AD/AP and still has more health than me. PLUS the dodge business...

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2010

He needs a full on remake, the way riot built him made it to the point where you nerf him to nothing, or he will roflstomp everyone. Passive ult=Bad idea. Ultimates are powerful, yet come at the cost of a lot of mana/long cd (kassadin ignores the long cd for large mana cost).

rodmack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2010

jax's passive is just way to overpowered he can be a unstopable dps and an unkillable tank at the same time roit just needs to make him one or the other because the way he is is just rediculous it takes the whole team to kill him and he will still kill 2 to 3 ppl i can't even have fun playing agaist him because of it

Raidarc

06-07-2010

He has been nerfed repeatedly. He is fine now....UNLESS the game lasts near an hour because I think Jax's potential rises the longer the game is.

tekk au

06-07-2010

i see no problem vs. jax, i mean i can take him down 1v1 easily-so long as he isn't fed by the rest of my team. But it is kind of dumb for all you people to be saying hes op, i mean unless you stand there and let him build up attack speed from his ult then you should be alright. And remember killing someone isn't as simple as right-clicking on an object, plan your attack and heck think smart, maybe use a team for drop exhaust on him so he misses and becomes slow, and remember also dodge only dodges physical attacks incorporate some casters like the OP ryze or something...just i think jax isn't OP and can be a hard champion, but think before you do and use your team that's why they're there.

Eltrotraw

06-07-2010

There ARE other characters that are easy to pick up and play that you can recommend to your friend, like Teemo or Tristana.

Why is Jax the only one considered? Does he only like melee?

Daikaiser

06-07-2010

If anything Jax might get a buff.

ShardOfDarkness

06-07-2010

IMO, Jax is fine as he is now with the possible exception of his counter strike (IMO, the dodge or the stun needs some kind of fix <slight nerf to the dodge, or stun only affects those that have proced it>). His very nature makes him a psudo-pub-stomper (he's IMO more difficult to play well enough to pub-stomp compared to some of the more popular pub-stomper champs)

As far as easy to pick up and play champs...Ashe (ranged DPS), Annie (Mage), Yi (Melee DPS)...though IMO, you should look at all champs, find one that fits your style (Ranged DPS/Mage/Melee DPS/Tank/Support/Hybrid) and has abilities you like then hit Leaguecraft and do some experimenting (depending on your skill, opponent skill, champs farming ability, etc. you should expect to get ~10-20k gold in a SR game and probably 70-80% of that in a TT game) with item builds/runes/masteries. Most champs have decent guides to help you get started, but feel free to choose your own fate (just remember that if you go against type, you will eventually get grief from 'expert players' for your choices <they can QQ some more>)

[...][/short essay]