Looking for people willing to try new strategies

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spitball1074

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

So, recently I tried a TF/Soraka/Ezrael/Nidalee/Sivir team and attempted to do a 5 man tower pushing strategy, where all we did was push towers, skipping the laning phase. 2 of us had heal/tp for summoner spells, 2 had rally/tp, and 1 had fortify/tp. It was 4 of our players' (including mine) first time trying this strategy and, needless to say, it failed miserably. However, after trying this strategy, I realized that I've gotten bored of the conventional lane and gank/push mid-late game strategy, and I'm looking for decent/good players who are willing to test out new teams/strategies. This isn't necessarily a team, it's more like a group of people that are willing to try new things and have gotten bored of conventional strategies. However, if this goes well, we actually COULD make a team when the season starts, and we'll be fairly well prepared to compete as well. Even though this is more of a for fun group, or perhaps because it is a for fun group, there are still a few requirements:

1) Must have reached level 30. I know, i know. If it's for fun, why the level requirement? Well, that's because I want players that at least have some experience and are decent, so we can skip the "training" phase and jump right into the experimenting phase. (Exceptions may be made to this requirement if you prove that you are a capable player or if you have a decent amount of DotA experience)

2) Be friendly and fun to play with. No one likes ragers/trolls, they just kill the gaming atmosphere.

3) Be willing to lose/accept failure. Naturally, since the purpose of this group is to experiment new things, there will be a LOT of losing. I mean, a lot. I'm not saying we can't win, but it will probably take a lot of practice first since we're trying new strategies and new teams, so you'll probably be playing new champions that you're not used to either. If you get frustrated easily from losing, don't bother joining. This is not the team for you. Of course, our goal is ultimately to start winning and dominating games, but it will take time and practice.

4) Be dedicated. Now, this isn't dedication like play 24/7 and you have to be on at certain times no matter what dedication. By dedication, I mean not giving up, even when a team/strategy seems hopeless.

5) CREATIVITY!!!! There are a couple of strats/teams that I wanna try out, but in order for this group to be ongoing and fun, we're going to need a lot of ideas to experiment, so everybody should contribute to the strategy thinking process.

6) Be open minded. Because we're trying new things, some strategies/teams might seem ridiculous, or even ******ed. However, some of these "ridiculous" teams/strategies might actually turn out to be ridiculously good. You never know until you try.

7) Own a decent amount of champions (I'd say at least 30) and be able to play all types of champions (support, dps, tank, caster). Because we'll be testing all sorts of teams and strategies, versatility is going to be a key skill. You can main certain champions or prefer a certain type, but keep in mind that there will also be times when you will have to play a different champion in order to fit the team. You don't have to be great with every single champion; just know how to play every different type. Most of it is just common sense (don't be aggressive w/ a support, don't dps w/ a tank, don't tank w/ a dps/caster, etc.).

If you're bored of the typical LoL game or if you just want to try new things, add Spitball1074 in game and we can start experimenting right away! You have to add me though, cuz I'm not very good at checking forums on a daily basis, so I might take a while to add you if all you do is post here.

*Note: Most of the requirements are personality requirements, so the only real requirement you have to reach is being level 30.

**Note: This is a casual group, so it's not supposed to be competitive. There is no solid schedule, so the sessions will probably just be spur of the moment, rather than arranged. Also, life comes before gaming, so if you're busy with something, like school or friends or something, just say so. The sessions aren't mandatory.

***Note: Vent is also preferrable, but not required. I don't have a private channel, so we'll probably either be using Riot Vent or one of my friend's private vents. If you can provide a private vent, it'd be much appreciated.

****Note: If you don't want a loss on your normal game record, even though it doesn't appear, we can always get 10 people that are willing to do this and play practice games instead. Then, we can test 2 strategies at the same time! However, we'd need 10 people in order to do this. Also, the strategies might be compromised since both teams would know what the other team is going to do and might build to counter them. We'll deal with those things when (if) we get there.

EDIT: Just tried another team out with some friends. Alistar + Blitzcrank + Soraka + Shen + Heimerdinger. We were WAY more successful this time, but still lost. We got first blood + all of mid + inhibitor within 6 minutes of starting the game. However, our damage output was not high enough to destroy their nexus and, even though we destroyed mid inhibitor 3x, they just held off until they got buffer than us and beat us due to our lack of dps. So, what did we learn from this experiment? EVERY TEAM NEEDS A DPS!

06-06-2010

Come Check out the Red Empire www.theredempire.com

Spitball1074

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

^ What about it?

06-06-2010

idk drunk.

BlackLancer

06-06-2010

I've done this before. Rape with Janna mid and immediately as I get my ultimate everyone push mid. We were seeing under 20 minute games for quite some time. In higher ELO you won't experience as much success with these strategies however. It's a shame but I'd be happy to try anything you would like.

Spitball1074

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLancer View Post
I've done this before. Rape with Janna mid and immediately as I get my ultimate everyone push mid. We were seeing under 20 minute games for quite some time. In higher ELO you won't experience as much success with these strategies however. It's a shame but I'd be happy to try anything you would like.
Lol, yeah, I realize that. Hopefully, we can develop other strategies for higher elo gameplay also though; i'd say it's one of the goals of this group. Idk if it's possible, but I'm more of a strategic player than a tactical player, so I'm hoping to use this group to create some strategies/teams b4 the season starts to make up for my tactical weaknesses. If you wanna join, just add me in game. Also, just making sure but, did you want to join the group or not? Cuz I didn't get an add and your last sentence is kind of ambiguous.

flopagis

06-07-2010

sup man i play dota competitive
and been playing it for 4 years.

I've been playing this game recently and realize that the game is to predictable.
I've came up with some good strats.

I'm planning on bringing an actual good tri-lane strat to LoL.

Hit me up.
we discuss.
i carry you.

Peace.Love.Flopagis

NotBayne

06-07-2010

Hey! My name is Zach, add me! I'm interested in playing with ya....not like that

My Summoner name is...

Bayne66

Thx in advance!

Spitball1074

06-07-2010

So, I've only added 1 person to the group officially so far. Ne1 else?

Spitball1074

06-08-2010

Bump.