Anivia - Crystallize

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

I think this spell needs to be swapped out with something else, or at least have a passive bonus of some kind.

A passive mana regen would be nice, considering that her spells drain her very quickly, or a passive mana reduction in spell cost for her other spells.

Another idea would be to add some other bonuses, like;

Flash Frost travels so-and-so % faster, Frostbite renews the duration of slow if the character is afflicted with it, or Glacial Storm has a reduction in mana cost.

Something needs to be done with it, because it doesn't feel "complete", and the spell is pretty worthless 99.9% of the time. I've yet to play a game where I had to block an escape route for my team, or an ambush point the enemy was just about to use.

In theory, the idea would work wonders, except that these types of scenarios are so extremely rare that the opportunity is usually an oversight when it happens... because it really - seriously - never happens.

fevi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

You must not have played enough games, then. (= Part of Anivia's playstyle is creating scenarios where the wall is useful.

I'd probably drop Anivia if she lost her wall.

Madae

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fevi View Post
You must not have played enough games, then. (= Part of Anivia's playstyle is creating scenarios where the wall is useful.
I've played her enough. Share some of them.

Tyrantherus

06-06-2010

I'm also an avid Anivia player, and although I don't use the wall that frequently, there have been its moments where it truly changes the outcome of battles, most notibly those team jungle battles. With the narrow parts in the jungle, its easy to cut off an entire route for the enemy, and if they were retreating it can completely cut their group in half, leaving quite a few stragglers to die at the hands of your team. Other situations include putting the wall adjacent to a forest wall, forcing them to go around it, making it easy to predict where they are headed for a clean shot with flashfrost, let alone buy some time for your allies. If someone gets a little greedy and starts pushing on your tower, you can easily cut off their retreat and keep them in tower range for some extra damage, let alone have a somewhat similar scenario as I mentioned with flashfrost.

Lawful

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madae View Post
I think this spell needs to be swapped out with something else, or at least have a passive bonus of some kind.

A passive mana regen would be nice, considering that her spells drain her very quickly, or a passive mana reduction in spell cost for her other spells.

Another idea would be to add some other bonuses, like;

Flash Frost travels so-and-so % faster, Frostbite renews the duration of slow if the character is afflicted with it, or Glacial Storm has a reduction in mana cost.

Something needs to be done with it, because it doesn't feel "complete", and the spell is pretty worthless 99.9% of the time. I've yet to play a game where I had to block an escape route for my team, or an ambush point the enemy was just about to use.

In theory, the idea would work wonders, except that these types of scenarios are so extremely rare that the opportunity is usually an oversight when it happens... because it really - seriously - never happens.
Lol, anivia is unique because of her wall, if you take that away you just get another ryze, just no, stfu and learn to play.
Her main, and i mean main benefit to the team is if she can put walls well, let me show you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnTCU...os=P3ca5mqev8g

So learn to play your anivia correctly.

AA247

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
Lol, anivia is unique because of her wall, if you take that away you just get another ryze, just no, stfu and learn to play.
Her main, and i mean main benefit to the team is if she can put walls well, let me show you.

wall is useless because any thing that lets u move through units lets u go through the wall. Ghost, janna, and garen's spinthingy. P.S flash also works

Madae

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post

No need to be rude, little man.

AA247

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madae View Post
No need to be rude, little man.
shame noone used ghost. Walling and fiddles ghosting can ruin your whole day.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA247 View Post
shame noone used ghost. Walling and fiddles ghosting can ruin your whole day.
Riot is actually working on the fix for that right now.

Honestly, Crystallize is the last spell I invest points in. During laning the only thing it is useful for is peeking into brush and over walls to avoid ganks (thank you incidental reveal). Once you move onto the teamfight phase though, it has the most utility of anything you can do. Use it to "scatter the roaches", catch a runner, or block pursuit. You can even use it in pushing to slow down your own minions from reaching the front line, thus saving them up for one big push instead of mass suicide under the tower. It's that versatile.

Salacavalini

06-07-2010

No comment on Crystallize, but as for the OP's suggestion?

Dear god, no. 'Synergy' passives are a terrible idea and should never find their way into LoL.