Kayle Remake?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

comedynitegard

06-06-2010

I've been hearing a lot of buzz about about a kayle remake. As a kayle player I quite frankly do not want it to happen. While many think kayle is UP she really is not. Her Reckoning spell can be made to to do nuke damage on a 6 sec CD, her heal is decent and provides a speed boost, her E is well um decent at best, and her ult is a 5 second invincibility! The only thing i can say bad is her E and passive, but I'm worried that a buff on her would make her OP. So leave kayle alone!!!

Lucifer of Pride

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

I read all the changes and for the most part it seems that most of her flavor will be preserved except her passive is being completely remade so that it no longer revolves around people dieing. In my book I think the changes will make Kayle more powerful but in honesty I would have to actually play it to make sure it still feels like Kayle but...ya...

TL; DR version- Only Kayles passive is being changing from death focused to always useful. Everything else is being tweaked but will have basically the same effect.

Umibozu

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keogh View Post
"*Holy Fervor
**New Passive: 30% of Kayle's attack damage is added to her ability power and 15% of Kayle's ability power is added to her attack damage.
*Reckoning
**While slowed, Kayle inflicts 8/9/10/11/12% increased damage to the target.
**Reckoning no longer interacts with Holy Fervor.
**Removed the attack speed debuff component from Reckoning.
**Reduced the damage to 60/110/160/210/260 from 80/135/190/245/300. (Note: She does start with additional AP now)
*Divine Blessing
**Increased the healing amount to 65/105/145/185/225 from 60/95/130/165/200.
**Increased the movement speed gained to 12/14/16/18/20% from 8/10/12/14/16%.
**Decreased the duration from 20 seconds to 10 seconds.
**Decreased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
**Increased the mana cost to 50/55/60/65/70 from 40/45/50/55/60.
*Righteous Fury
**Increased the range by 50.
**Changed the way bonus damage is applied from Righteous Fury attacks.
***Righteous Fury now deals 20/25/30/35/40% of her attack damage plus a bonus amount to her target and nearby units. The splash damage is magic damage.
**Increased the base bonus damage to 8/14/20/26/32 from 6/12/18/24/30.
**Decreased the AP coefficient to 0.25 from 0.35.
**Decreased the cooldown to 22/21/20/19/18 seconds from 25 seconds.
**Reduced the mana cost to 65 from 75.
*Intervention
**Cooldown increased to 90 at all ranks from 90/75/60.
**Reduced cast range from 1300 to 1200.
*Miscellaneous
**Reduced base damage to 56.3 from 60.3.
**Reduced base health to 501 from 526.
**Reduced health per level to 93 from 98.
**Increased mana regen per level from 0.06 to 0.065.
**Increased attack speed per level to 2.3 from 1.85.
**Increased attack range to 125 from 100.
**Updated recommended items.
**Updated playing as and against tips."

as you can see this is a buff and you can still nuke with your Q if not do even more damage with it.
Way to break confidentiality. PTR stuff stays in the PTR Forum.

Keogh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer of Pride View Post
I read all the changes and for the most part it seems that most of her flavor will be preserved except her passive is being completely remade so that it no longer revolves around people dieing. In my book I think the changes will make Kayle more powerful but in honesty I would have to actually play it to make sure it still feels like Kayle but...ya...

TL; DR version- Only Kayles passive is being changing from death focused to always useful. Everything else is being tweaked but will have basically the same effect.
Um actually she is getting Buffed a lot her damage output is going to be increased a lot and will have a more hybrid type feel to her she is definatly getting buffed and she will not be the same as before at all

Keogh

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umibozu View Post
Way to break confidentiality. PTR stuff stays in the PTR Forum.
Any1 with a LoL account can access the PTR so therefore it isn't very confidential but i will remove my post if you believe i will get in trouble for it.

Lucifer of Pride

06-06-2010

Quote:
Um actually she is getting Buffed a lot her damage output is going to be increased a lot and will have a more hybrid type feel to her she is definatly getting buffed and she will not be the same as before at all
She is being buffed, but the actual affects are being tweaked yet remaining the same spell for the most part with the exception of the passive so I stick to what I said. I'd have to try it to see just how much the tweaks change the feel of her spells but for the most part they are basically the same skills, just buffed.

Keogh

06-06-2010

Quote:
She is being buffed, but the actual affects are being tweaked yet remaining the same spell for the most part with the exception of the passive so I stick to what I said. I'd have to try it to see just how much the tweaks change the feel of her spells but for the most part they are basically the same skills, just buffed.
Congratulations you obviously have proven that you cannot read. HER DAMAGE OUTPUT IS BEING INCREASED AS WELL AS HER HEAL AND HER PASSIVE MAKES HER DO MORE PHYSICAL DAMAGE AND AP DAMAGE. WHICH MEANS SHE IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. YES HER ABILITIES ARE BEING TWEAKED BUT BECAUSE OF HER PASSIVE SHE WILL BE ABLE TO GO HYBRID WHICH CHANGES GAME PLAY WHICH IS A DIFFERENT KAYLE.

PsycoBlast

06-06-2010

Actually I was pumped at the rumors of a Kayle change, and of the recent changes to her recommended items in the most recent patch. (And the new super awesome skin) It shows that at least Riot is looking at her for change, which she needs. Her passive is just absolute garbage. Plain and simple. It is by far, IMO, the worst passive in the game. I cannot recall a situation in which it has proven useful.

Righteous Fury is an interesting ability that needs a few tweaks to fit better with the normal Kayle builds of support/AP. Possibly adding a passive to it or upping the damage output slightly to make her less of a buff bot and more active in team fights and the like. While it does show potential combined with Reckoning to be a good chaser (and Intervention to tower dive) it still does not put out enough damage to be worth it, even with a AD build.

Overall I find it great fun to play Kayle as just pure irritation for the other team. Nothing like saving your teammates from the brink of death, healing them, and buffing their movement speed. Reckoning also provides a debuff and small nuke to a single enemy. One of my favorite games ever was a Kayle, Zilean, and Soraka Following a Twitch around as he slaughtered people.

If Riot would change the passive and possibly add a slight change to Righteous Fury I think that this would (in the minds of the average LoL player) elevate Kayle from one of the worst charactors in the game, to a more balanced mid-tier.

Lucifer of Pride

06-06-2010

Quote:
Congratulations you obviously have proven that you cannot read. HER DAMAGE OUTPUT IS BEING INCREASED AS WELL AS HER HEAL AND HER PASSIVE MAKES HER DO MORE PHYSICAL DAMAGE AND AP DAMAGE. WHICH MEANS SHE IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. YES HER ABILITIES ARE BEING TWEAKED BUT BECAUSE OF HER PASSIVE SHE WILL BE ABLE TO GO HYBRID WHICH CHANGES GAME PLAY WHICH IS A DIFFERENT KAYLE.
......we seem to have different opinions on what a complete change is...... x damage + slow is still a damage and slow spell even if you triple the damage or reduce the slow a bit. Yes this means that their are going to be some new build options for her but what each ability does will remain roughly the same. To me what the ability does determines the feel of the champ and not so much how it's built.... it's a matter of opinion but I still stick with what I said.

Keogh

06-06-2010

Quote:
......we seem to have different opinions on what a complete change is...... x damage + slow is still a damage and slow spell even if you triple the damage or reduce the slow a bit. Yes this means that their are going to be some new build options for her but what each ability does will remain roughly the same. To me what the ability does determines the feel of the champ and not so much how it's built.... it's a matter of opinion but I still stick with what I said.
I am glad that you and I have had a good argument but have been civilized enough to not down rate each others posts. I think that you seem smart and that you aren't a raging troll so do you mind if i add you in LoL?