Idea: Increase the diminishing returns of speed on Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Final Boss

Adjudicator

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardRex View Post
They would only be changing it on dominion.

By your logic they should refund MR runes because of the dominion buff, or refund IP for eve because they nerfed her.

I'm sure you use many other characters other than max speed characters. MS quints will still be useful on them.
Eve will be buffed eventually, champ nerfs aren't permanent. So far rune nerfs are. Second, Pantheon is high speed, but that's why i said with tier 1 boots you'd hit the cap, let alone tier 2, 3, 5, or with other MS gear. It is VERY easy to go well over that cap with those runes on any champion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeardRex

Senior Member

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Boss View Post
Eve will be buffed eventually, champ nerfs aren't permanent. So far rune nerfs are. Second, Pantheon is high speed, but that's why i said with tier 1 boots you'd hit the cap, let alone tier 2, 3, 5, or with other MS gear. It is VERY easy to go well over that cap with those runes on any champion.
It's not a hard cap. you'd still be getting faster.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardRex View Post
It's not a hard cap. you'd still be getting faster.
...but if it's not fast enough to beat a champ and cap/uncap the point...

I guess my feeling is we should be giving the metagame more time before nerfing this tactic. Better positioning and not overextending does a lot to stop fast champs from easy uncatchable back capping.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diadave

Senior Member

10-01-2011

I did some tests, just for funsies with blitz, with boots of speed, triforce phantom dancer ghost and revive i could get well over 1000 speed, which took me from one side of the map to the other in 2 secs. broken game play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeardRex

Senior Member

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
...but if it's not fast enough to beat a champ and cap/uncap the point...

I guess my feeling is we should be giving the metagame more time before nerfing this tactic. Better positioning and not overextending does a lot to stop fast champs from easy uncatchable back capping.
You're still arguing with countering tactics. I'm not arguing it's counterability at all.

I simply suggested it as solution to a lot of the frustrations people have.

I'm also not suggesting they should be hasty in changes to dominion. This is simply something they should look at... at least internally. And even if they do implement it, implement it slowly.

IMO Riot's changes are often too severe. With a game that updates every week, they should really try only slight adjustments. The last patch preview was awesome. I only hope more champions are involved than the ones in the spotlight (most of the time that''s the case).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Funkel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Boss View Post
Eve will be buffed eventually, champ nerfs aren't permanent. So far rune nerfs are. Second, Pantheon is high speed, but that's why i said with tier 1 boots you'd hit the cap, let alone tier 2, 3, 5, or with other MS gear. It is VERY easy to go well over that cap with those runes on any champion.
i think the point is that movement speed quints with base 330 movespeed will give you 345 movespeed (I think), but with the diminishing values now starting around where the OP said it to start, by the time you get around to buying boots 2 and get past the cap you might as well throw the movespeed quints out the window because the little it gives you will he about 1/3'rd what it gives you now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2011

Quote:
I simply suggested it as solution to a lot of the frustrations people have
Am I just saying lots of people are frustrated with lots of things in Dominion right now because it's new. I mean, how many champs now have to be nerfed because of this new metagame? It's crazy, there's like a billion "X is so OP in Dominion" posts every day.

We can't just change a game to bend to the will of a few frustrated games every patch. The metagame will never have a chance to develop.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeardRex

Senior Member

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
Am I just saying lots of people are frustrated with lots of things in Dominion right now because it's new. I mean, how many champs now have to be nerfed because of this new metagame? It's crazy, there's like a billion "X is so OP in Dominion" posts every day.

We can't just change a game to bend to the will of a few frustrated games every patch. The metagame will never have a chance to develop.
Why are you still arguing your point? I basically agreed with you, Reread my post. There's nothing in any of my posts that indicates I believe anything different.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardRex View Post
Why are you still arguing your point? I basically agreed with you, Reread my post. There's nothing in any of my posts that indicates I believe anything different.
Oh well good, sorry about that. Then I guess we solved that one.



/Thread


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeardRex

Senior Member

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
Oh well good, sorry about that. Then I guess we solved that one.



/Thread
I don't think /Thread applies :P

Implementation wasn't the intention of the thread. The intention was discussion and exploration. I'm not going to wait a month to talk about what they should be testing.