Idea: Increase the diminishing returns of speed on Dominion

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeardRex

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volimar View Post
My response would not be diminishing returns on speed, but to make every speed increase item unique. For example, Zeal would not stack on another zeal or any item zeal is part of, but would stack on say, force of nature. Just my opinion.
If you nerf items you're nerfing all the champions that could use them. Adjusting the diminishing returns is something that only effects the champions with absurd speed and abuse these items. In the end, finding a way to tone down some champions will make many more champions viable.

Myrmidont

09-30-2011

hope this doesn't hurt kennen too much, love my stun bot on dominion

chide da jungler

09-30-2011

I support this thread

CaffeineJunky

09-30-2011

I think that there should just be a hard cap on move speed, somewheere 450-500. (Or 522 if you want to follow Warcraft III's example.)

This should apply for Summoner's Rift as well.

BlazeSword

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

i agree with you OP. hopefully riot will find a solution for this quickly

Harate

10-01-2011

Lame, just eliminate the stacking ability of items in terms of speed, make speed items unique. Lets take a fast paced game and slow everyone down....uh k...

Hugs From Momma

10-01-2011

The other end of the stick would be to increase solo cap time, and decrease capping time in groups of 2 or 3. This encourages overwhelming a point, and somewhat discourages endless backcapping. It also helps against stealth champs that endlessly backcap, not just the speeders.

Not saying its necessarily the better option, but its another approach to the same end.

BeardRex

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harate View Post
Lame, just eliminate the stacking ability of items in terms of speed, make speed items unique. Lets take a fast paced game and slow everyone down....uh k...
If you nerf items you're nerfing all the champions that could use them. Adjusting the diminishing returns is something that only effects the champions with absurd speed and abuse these items. In the end, finding a way to tone down some champions will make many more champions viable.

Toast Defender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

One addition to this idea:

If this does get implemented, please put this info in the tooltip when you mouseover your runspeed. Just something along the lines of "Diminishing returns kick in at xxx, then increase at yyy movespeed." It will be much easier to keep track of that way.

Colonel Justice

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I think this is a pretty good approach. We're debating between this and a few other options right now. but the argument is sound.
What? No Riot... come on. The argument isn't sound, all it sounds like to me is

"QQ I'm pissed cause I can't steamroll every champ on the map and defend well enough to stop people from BD'ing cause they're too fast. so take out stealth and speed and anything else that stops me from dominating with a tanky champ."

I have been playing Teemo a lot recently and loving it. Because Teemo is a finesse champ, and speed and utility is all he has on Dominion. If I get caught in the open I'm done for so I feel it is incredibly balanced.

Speed is just another style of gameplay that makes this Rock Paper scissors approach more enjoyable and interesting. Some people play sneaky champs, some people play tanky champs. Some people play stealthy champs, or glass cannons or w/e

But Brackhar enough responses like this and Riot is going to tweak LoL into a bland, vanilla game where skill isn't rewarded. Choosing speed over health, or damage is a risk assessment and a decision made by players who have the skill to pull it off.

123456 ... 7