My thoughts on Xerath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blackfire447

10-05-2011

First off I think he is quite balanced, but I think Xerath is kind of in his own, he isn't a burst champ (Hits E-Q then done and doesnt do all that much damage) but does more sustained damage with his Q on 3 second CD. I feel like his Ult gives him insane burst tho when it is up, making him extremely good and deadly if he hits his stun you are dead.

But he needs a competent team to do well, because otherwise people just charge right up to you, you can stun, but lack much mobility so you need someone to keep them at bay while you lock down and unleashed your Q and R all over them for TONS OF DAMAGE.

Overall fits in his own spot as a real artillery mage that needs to be away from the battle to do real damage (which makes him quite good at attack a point). Because 3Qs over the course of a 3v3 or 4v4 fight is a lot, usually around 1200-1500dmg, add in your R for 1200 more and he tears people apart given the chance.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

Well, with max CDR, you can just unsiege, move back, siege, and continue firing fairly easily...

I find him strong at kiting, and weak against dashes... (Unless of course I have everything off cooldown for ERQRQRERQ type barrages.

Blackfire447

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaritie View Post
Well, with max CDR, you can just unsiege, move back, siege, and continue firing fairly easily...

I find him strong at kiting, and weak against dashes... (Unless of course I have everything off cooldown for ERQRQRERQ type barrages.
yea if its someone without a reliable gap closer I'm fine, but I said charges because thats what always get me, Riven charging at me then just mashing Q and such makes life quite difficult

Do you run CDR or MPen boots? Just curious cuz I've tried both

E0L

10-05-2011

max cdr his q is 3 sec, his w is 5 seconds. there is no siege and resiege. you either commit to attacking or you dont.

he is clearly designed for SR more then for dominion. honestly i think he was intended for SR mid where his passive makes him a sturdier target against the AD meta and junglers

Stoanadin

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfire447 View Post
yea if its someone without a reliable gap closer I'm fine, but I said charges because thats what always get me, Riven charging at me then just mashing Q and such makes life quite difficult

Do you run CDR or MPen boots? Just curious cuz I've tried both
go cdr I think

Caidos

10-05-2011

I've had a ton of fun and success playing him bot with Promote. Start Catalyst, and you can spam Q's all day. He pushes hard, and his push is also his harass, so he's hard to deal with. I've also found his dueling power to be quite high when his ultimate is up.

AtrocityDT

10-05-2011

With pretty much EVERY ap toon.. I go catalyst. Can't get in game yet... but I'll be purchasing Xerath and getting catalyst right off the bat. +1 ^^

PyroskE

10-05-2011

I have only played Xerath twice, however i felt that he isnt as OP as most say he will be. Sure he has the ability to extent the range of his attacks however these were only a slight advantage.

Where i sore the advantage was in team battles, like all castors i was able to stay behind the 'epic' battles and fire and launch attacks at the other team. But the near end of the game my teams mates would get pushed back until i rock up then they would all back away due to the support i offerend my team.

I dont think he is too squishy either, char like Brand and Ashe are very squishy as you get to later in the game but because Xerath passive grants him Armour it make him well competitive on the field.

I think Xerath is well balanced

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

I've played with several Xerath's and I have to say, he can be really scary on Dominion.

He is a very resilient defender when played properly, he can really zone people away from wanting to take a point, and for someone with a skill that makes him completely immobile he's very good at kiting. His ability to farm isn't as helpful, but his very long range aoe spells go a long way towards keeping multiple people from capping a point, especially since his cd's seem to be really really low.

He's not op, but I feel as though he is one of the strongest mage picks that you could have for Dominion.