Not sure if I should be that guy....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

4 Weeks Ago

But I find the currently stickied "Original Character Database" thread to be insanely outdated and would like to have a Compendium-styled thread for active OCs in the same vein as the Ask Champion Compendium. Because, after all, I really don't want to go through 57 pages of posted OCs' profiles just to try to find one.

....Should I make it? I'd probably used one of my old smurfs so that I can give its information over to someone else in the event that I become somehow unable to upkeep it.

What do you all think?

FilFire

4 Weeks Ago

Depends on whether you want to govern so many OCs.

I mean, DeityZ already has half the Champion pool on her own.

Even if you only were to look at active OCs, you'd have to figure out which OCs are active.

Ask the Herald

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilFire View Post
Depends on whether you want to govern so many OCs.

I wouldn't be governing them. Unlike the OC Guidelines thread, the point of the thread I propose is to have a more reliable thread wherein to list all the active OCs so that people don't have to search through pages upon pages to find a specific one's profile.

TheOneTrueWaifu

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
*Throws bucket of all my OC's onto Filfire*

FilFire

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
I wouldn't be governing them. Unlike the OC Guidelines thread, the point of the thread I propose is to have a more reliable thread wherein to list all the active OCs so that people don't have to search through pages upon pages to find a specific one's profile.
Hmmm....

I guess that would work.

Still a lot of work though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneTrueWaifu View Post
*Throws bucket of all my OC's onto Filfire*
*Throws smaller quantity of giant dragons back*

Ask Quinn n Val

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:

*Throws smaller quantity of giant dragons back*
I'm not sure what's bigger, my 50+ OCs of various sizes or all your dragons.

Ask the Herald

4 Weeks Ago

Well...it's just a thought, and I would probably have at least one or two more people to help on the thread. After all, having one person shoulder all the weight of such a monumental task would just crush them into dust.

The only question is, if I would to create the thread who would help me?

EDIT:

Guys, let's not have an OC fight here. The point of this thread is for me to see what everything would think of a more efficient database thread of Original Characters

FilFire

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Quinn n Val View Post
I'm not sure what's bigger, my 50+ OCs of various sizes or all your dragons.
Well, I've got 37 OCs myself, at least 20 of those are dragons, and I bet even the smaller dragons are as large as three humanoids.

EDIT: I'd help if I didn't expect you to at some point find a reason to flip into a rage against me.

Aproxima

4 Weeks Ago

Personally I think such thread would be pointless, not only because of the insane amount of OCs, but also the fact some are semi-active and some people wouldn't bother with listing them.
So while it'd certainly make finding a specific OC easier in case you don't remember absolutely anything about them, it's easiers to ask the RPer in case you know at least a little bit.

Ask the Herald

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aproxima View Post
Personally I think such thread would be pointless, not only because of the insane amount of OCs, but also the fact some are semi-active and some people wouldn't bother with listing them.
So while it'd certainly make finding a specific OC easier in case you don't remember absolutely anything about them, it's easiers to ask the RPer in case you know at least a little bit.
Except that you not all of us RPers are easy to contact outside the forum, and we can't exactly keep calling each other out in OOC parentheses in the middle of threads and whatnot. THe point of the thread is to act like the current OC Database, but with all of the posted OC profiles listed on the front page for everyone to be able to find them more easily.