Inhibitor backdooring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keeperofstars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

Kinda of getting tired of paldron and twisted fate using their teleport anywhere abilities, to teleport behind my teams towers and take out an inhibitor / nexus while my team is busy taking down the other teams towers and base.

Just finished a game where we had all base towers and 2 of the 3 outer towers and lost cause a twisted fate basically took down the nexus by standing in a blind spot of the towers shooting at it.

Basically you just teleport to the top / bottom of the nexus stand at edge of woods just out of shop range and shoot at the nexus. Doing damage to it.

It only takes about 2 minutes for a geared twisted fate to take the nexus down solo. Now yes I know you can see him doing it, but what ends up having to happen is you perma sit someone at the base so when he teleports in you can kill him. So just cause he has the portal you have to leave a team mate at the base.

Been in a few games where the TF just kept dying but doing damage. He would port in start doing damage, we would port back and he would die. But at that point 1/4 the nexus was gone. a short bit later he did it again. With the nexus at half life, we had to perma park a champion in the base. Making all fights 4v5 in their favor.

Just think its a bogus and cheap way to win.

Paldron can do the same thing but against the inhibitors then the super creeps just slwoly take all your towers down.

Either the tower range at base need greatly improved to cover those "blind" areas, or their needs to be a huge warning, or my favorite option is you can't damage the nexus until the two nexus towers are down.

That though doesn't solve the inhibitors, but they are "less" important than the nexus backdooring.

Sorry but when your team has dominated the whole game, only has like 10 deaths the whole game, and their team has well over 25 you shouldnt lose cause of a backdoor exploit.

RaspyTurnover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

I still say inhibitors need to have some kind of defense. Maybe when they die a unique minion comes out which is strong enough to kill a squishy.

Also I think Towers should do AOE damage when they explode.

And the Nexus should pulsate damage out every couple seconds.

It would be fun.

BWaffles

06-06-2010

Um... Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't actually target the nexus until both Nexus turrets are destroyed. Same with Nexus turrets to Inhibitors, Inhibitors to inhibitor turrets, and so on.

Littel

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWaffles View Post
Um... Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't actually target the nexus until both Nexus turrets are destroyed. Same with Nexus turrets to Inhibitors, Inhibitors to inhibitor turrets, and so on.
You are correct you need to push all turrets infront of the inhibitor before you can damage it. Also you need to take out the nexus turrets before you can take that out (again atleast 1 inhibitor tower needs to be down before you can push the nexus's).

RaspyTurnover

06-06-2010

Oh hey I didnt notice that discrepancy.

Yeah you need to take the towers down first.

Tielok

06-06-2010

What if they made it so you had to get all 3 inhibitors down? I think that'd be a little more fun and would cut down on backdooring at least a little bit. Of course, the negative to that would be that the games would last a bit longer.

EDIT: Is this already the case and I've just been missing it or is it pretty much 1 inhib then nuke the nexus?

Mooseflake

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeperofstars View Post
Kinda of getting tired of paldron and twisted fate using their teleport anywhere abilities, to teleport behind my teams towers and take out an inhibitor / nexus while my team is busy taking down the other teams towers and base.
by paldron do you mean pantheon?

Keeperofstars

06-06-2010

Well i just finished a game where the TF attacked and did damage to nexus, I even checked their teams building down count and it wasn't enough. Now the one thing that might work that I will check out later is the nexus only needs the two front towers down before its open. Even if the others are still up.

Think that applies to them all the outer turrets can be up but the one next to inhibitor is the only ones that matter.

im saving for TF now and will record a game with me doing it.

Anlysia

06-06-2010

I'm just curious why TF manages to be in your base for two minutes and nobody does anything.

Strelkov

06-06-2010

Who the hell is Paldron?