@Reds - Dominion Ranked in Season 2?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scyhn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

The Dominion experience is horrible. Every game, i feel forced to pick whatever roll they don't want to play. Sometimes my team picks 4 squishies with no cc (because they wanted to play "that" champion), and if i say something in the champion selection trying to arrange something better, i get either ignored or trolled. 1 in 10 (or more) matches i get a team who have some interest.
And i know some of you may be saying "But derp, what's the difference with SR or TT? hurr". Well the difference is ranked matches. If i want to play more competitively, i can play ranked in either SR or TT, but in dominion i'm stucked with blind pick or REEAAALLLY long queues in draft pick.

naotasan

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyhn View Post
The Dominion experience is horrible. Every game, i feel forced to pick whatever roll they don't want to play.
I lost you here.

4 top, 1 bot, so if 4 people go top lane, you don't want to go bottom lane, I can understand that.
But if someone goes bot, it's pretty much free game to pick whatever you want. Especially at lower elo.

Also, the same can be said about RANKED SUMMONERS RIFT (all caps for emphasis).
You start a game, two people say support/bot, someone claims mid, and then someone else claims top. Now you're stuck as a jungler. I think SR has more "forced to play a certain roll" than TT or Dom put together.

Scyhn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
I lost you here.

4 top, 1 bot, so if 4 people go top lane, you don't want to go bottom lane, I can understand that.
But if someone goes bot, it's pretty much free game to pick whatever you want. Especially at lower elo.

Also, the same can be said about RANKED SUMMONERS RIFT (all caps for emphasis).
You start a game, two people say support/bot, someone claims mid, and then someone else claims top. Now you're stuck as a jungler. I think SR has more "forced to play a certain roll" than TT or Dom put together.
Not only i usually play(ed) bot, but when i get the chance to go top with "whatever i want to", it's kinda hard to pick something that makes an ap nid, an akali and "insert no cc squishy champ name", get together. It gets more difficult when the other team picked jayce, kass and "insert a champ who should get banned". So it's not always that simple.

I think that people who play ranked are into competitive game, and they should care more about the outcome of the match. Of course, they can force you to be a jungler or whatever, but you can ask to be something else if you're not good with the roll you got left. And imo, there's a bigger chance of them listening to you than in a normal match.

WaterD103

11-10-2012

I have no idea how this is a specific dominion complain.

MVpmack

11-10-2012

Quote:
Not only i usually play(ed) bot, but when i get the chance to go top with "whatever i want to", it's kinda hard to pick something that makes an ap nid, an akali and "insert no cc squishy champ name", get together. It gets more difficult when the other team picked jayce, kass and "insert a champ who should get banned". So it's not always that simple.
AP nidalee, akali, and no CC squishy champname: either play AP Sweeper Teemo or a POOTERSS build on a fast mover and focus on backdooring and jungle ambushes. You can also just play some kind of reasonably mobile dueling bruiser like Jax, encourage someone else to backdoor and ambush people trying to kill that person. With AP Nidalee and Akali, you have a lot of potential for jungle ambushes.

It's not the most ideal situation ever but it's definitely winnable.

Golly

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Depends on how things shake out balance wise really. The implementation is done on the back side, but we want the map to have a chance to mature enough before we flip the switch.
This goes directly against what Yegg said in his post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg
I hear you and I agree that it sucks that there's no way to see how you match up with other players in Dominion right now. However, adding a queue (or changing a queue to have visible Elo and the like) is a bigger deal than you would think in terms of the work involved, both on the backend and for the client.

I want to keep this thread focused on the season end and ranked rewards, but I'll continue talking to the team about what you guys are saying. In closing, we DO want to support Dominion players, and that very well might involve adding a ranked queue during Season 3. We haven't decided that we'll never do it, and we agree that there are good reasons to add it. There are just other ways that we'd rather focus our efforts in terms of supporting the map at the moment.
Think we'll ever get clarification?

WishMeLux

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly View Post
This goes directly against what Yegg said in his post.

Think we'll ever get clarification?
No. No we won't.

/sadface

WaterD103

11-10-2012

We won't.

(╯□)╯--o/ o--

Tortferngatr

11-10-2012

Quote:
The Dominion experience is horrible. Every game, i feel forced to pick whatever roll they don't want to play. Sometimes my team picks 4 squishies with no cc (because they wanted to play "that" champion), and if i say something in the champion selection trying to arrange something better, i get either ignored or trolled. 1 in 10 (or more) matches i get a team who have some interest.
And i know some of you may be saying "But derp, what's the difference with SR or TT? hurr". Well the difference is ranked matches. If i want to play more competitively, i can play ranked in either SR or TT, but in dominion i'm stucked with blind pick or REEAAALLLY long queues in draft pick.
Upvoted because he has a point--the fact TT has ranked despite it still being in beta does set a precedent for ranked once we get our QoLs rolling out

Nax Karaal

11-28-2012

+1
(Now, that is a constructive post on the topic...)