@Reds - Dominion Ranked in Season 2?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

11-08-2012

Yeeep, that Brackhar-post has been the source of 90% of our qq about ranked, as everything said after so neatly contradicts it.

Graogg

11-08-2012

Heck, I'd be happy with just a visible elo draft mode (any team size) just to get feedback on how I progress. They don't have to call it 'ranked' if they don't want to give end of season rewards for this 'lesser' mode, but throw us a bone at least.

urmamasllama

11-08-2012

i remember reading this thread when it was posted and thinking oh that's cool ranked should be pretty soon then... one year later

DaRatmastah

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalityVoX View Post
Flip the switch with the official start of season 2. It's gonna really suck a big one if we have to wait until 2013 to play ranked Dominion.
Man, it really WOULD suck, wouldn't it?

>_>

<_<

kavi

11-08-2012

So... Dominion ranked in Season 3?

FCFY

11-08-2012

Want to know a big balance issue with dominion? Nobody plays draft. Draft cuts down the number of balance issues drastically, but since everyone abused the queue dodge bug back in the day, nobody plays draft.

Release ranked dominion and watch a large number of 'balance issues' disappear because we don't have to play against Kassadin/Jayce every game. Games suddenly become a lot more fun

Tortferngatr

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Hmm, so the framework is already in place, eh?
And I would say the map has already matured plenty, eh?

Well well, I wonder what's the hold up, then.

I'll definitely keep this thread in mind.
'
The holdup: Riot realizing they could save time resources by reworking TT and tweaking Dominion's balance in tandem with the S3 changes, to avoid having to do a second rework later.

This way when Riot makes Ranked, they aren't risking making an imbalanced mode out to be balanced well enough for Ranked and permanently ruining Dominion's image.

Given what we've seen from Xyph so far (aside from old EM being good on current Dominion), I think the wait will be worth it.

IronAegis

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
flip the switch.
This.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Flip the switch!

WishMeLux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Depends on how things shake out balance wise really. The implementation is done on the back side, but we want the map to have a chance to mature enough before we flip the switch.
So, about two days ago i posted in a thread that i had given up on dominion ranked. then i see this thread's title and red response, thinking "ok, check it out. see what nome has to say?"

Not Nome. Ok. Read that proverbial switch is there to flip.

Smile. Happiness. Hope.

Scroll in screen. See it's a necro.

Tears of sad, sad loneliness.