How do you counter Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acursed

10-01-2011

Get xin and buy Sword of the Divine
Get master yi and buy Sword of the Divine

Its simple those 2 have crazy attack speed and jax can't dodge ur attack he is useless, i usually play jax i had 1900 and 2000 score 2 games in a row but when i fight otehr jax that is my tactic and it works every time.

IceGiants2

10-01-2011

I counter pick Ryze when i see jax on the other team. Ryze is amazing vs. him. You would think he could just leap strike you and kill you but for some reason it never works out in his favor.

Another thing is to make sure you are not fighting him with minions attacking him, then he can almost perma stun you.

Krom

10-01-2011

Same way people stopped him 3 years ago.

Mage burst + hard CC.

Udyr with a dodge set up does well against him too.

Blackfire447

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
It's VERY easy to counter Jax.

Initial burst is 100% magic. Odyn's veil knocks out 30% of that right off because mostJax don't get Mpen.

After that, ti's mainly all autos. Get either an attack speed slow like Lee Sin, a CC spammer like Janna, or a movement champ like Riven to keep him occupied until ulti fades. Easy kill after that because he needs to ramp up again.
But Hard CC is the counter to every champ, thus I don't consider it a counter to any champ, because it counters them all.(Aside from Heimer turrets maybe?)

And thats assuming you have a 2v1 against Jax( You said someone to distract him, so then you must need another champ to actually kill him I assume, since no1 can 1v1 Jax), which is far less likely than a 1v1 or 2v2...

The only thing I'd consider a counter would be SotD

Caesar Augustus

10-01-2011

Mundo: warmogs, force of nature, thornmail (tank core)

Early in the match (with only components of warmogs), Jax is actually weaker than you. Just keep hitting him with cleavers.

Middle: He might outstrip you 1v1, but only if your ult is down. Fight him, pop R, run while hitting him with cleavers.

Late: Get an Atmas. 1v1 him, even if your ult is down. Enjoy Jax raging at you over all chat.

This strategy is only countered if Jax gets a Kitae's Bloodrazor, but that forces him to get less than optimal ad/ap for fighting every other champ in the game. Without that item, his damage by late game will never defeat your tanky build + ult.

More generally, Jax is countered by any champ with a spammable kiting ability or spammable escape. Force him to chase you away from capture points.

Hugs From Momma

10-01-2011

AD Sion

Nanodust

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelamar View Post
Ignore him and cap points. This isn't deathmatch frag contest. Jax is pretty piss poor at achievin the actual objectives.
I always ignore anyone who I can't kill and cap point.

Caesar Augustus

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskofdead View Post
Can we agree that needing to build Frozen Heart and Abyssal Scepter because Jax is on the other team is a bit excessive?

I find it easier to just ban him. He definitely needs tweaks of some form for this mode, or else burst casters need to be made more viable.

Edit: Guess we can't, we just backdoor downvote without making a response like a baby.
There is nothing wrong with needing to buy certain items to counter champs.

Kyestrike

10-01-2011

Don't auto attack him, or get sword of the divine. YOU WIN!

deepbluereason

10-01-2011

fyi Thornmail doesn't counter Jax. Thornmail + SotD and you're getting close but still no cigar.