How do you counter Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenFIames

09-30-2011

ryze, or that item that makes you never miss for melee.

Wolfalisk

09-30-2011

Soft counter: Run.

Hard Counter: Cleanse Teleport away, wait in base for CD to refresh. Owait...

YUSONAMES

09-30-2011

See this ashe arrow, this is called hard cc, see this leona q, that is also hard cc, the one thing jax hates the MOST is hard cc, he loses his ult stacks and his rageblade stack (where most of his output comes from), OH also exhaust ruins his day as well.

MagentaHawk

09-30-2011

Well it just seems to suck that if I want to counter him I need to buy more than two specific weapons to be able to stand up to him. And I do mean stand up to him, not to beat him because in my last result I got pummeled :/ I mean I can still win dominion because it isn't about kills, but 1v1 Jax has never turned out well for me unless I'm defending a tower.

YUSONAMES

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagentaHawk View Post
Well it just seems to suck that if I want to counter him I need to buy more than two specific weapons to be able to stand up to him. And I do mean stand up to him, not to beat him because in my last result I got pummeled :/ I mean I can still win dominion because it isn't about kills, but 1v1 Jax has never turned out well for me unless I'm defending a tower.
pick pantheon/anymeleewithhardcc, and watch jax fail uber hard, 2300 hp panth vs 3600 hp jax and i still win, ignite/exhuast are your friends, if you pop both of these on just about any champ theyll die more often then not, jax more so.

Prometheius

09-30-2011

Nasus with maxed CDR beats the **** outta Jax, even with an unfarmed Q.

TROLOLOL I slow you 5 seconds then 1s later slow again!

Hell, it's so easy to deal with him as Nasus, you can literally walk around him during Wither and watch his ulti fade away.

Kalarepa

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUSONAMES View Post
See this ashe arrow, this is called hard cc, see this leona q, that is also hard cc, the one thing jax hates the MOST is hard cc, he loses his ult stacks and his rageblade stack (where most of his output comes from), OH also exhaust ruins his day as well.
Too bad team fights almost never happen in Dominion, so you will have at best 1 or 2 hard CCs per fight. And that's not enough to stop fed Jax.

PitchBlackHeart

09-30-2011

Poppy or Alistar for example neutralize an Akali/Jax/Xin. It will not kill them but if you pair up with a good Dps you can take them out pretty easily.

Blackfire447

09-30-2011

You don't really...He jumps to any mage that dares get near him, but yet destroys anyone who tries to 1v1 him... Just try your best to out-number him largely (3v1,4v1) or just ignore him as much as possible. You can't really counter Jax because he does Magic and Physical,yet is tanky as hell, and has massive LS and SV

Prometheius

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfire447 View Post
You don't really...He jumps to any mage that dares get near him, but yet destroys anyone who tries to 1v1 him... Just try your best to out-number him largely (3v1,4v1) or just ignore him as much as possible. You can't really counter Jax because he does Magic and Physical,yet is tanky as hell, and has massive LS and SV
It's VERY easy to counter Jax.

Initial burst is 100% magic. Odyn's veil knocks out 30% of that right off because mostJax don't get Mpen.

After that, ti's mainly all autos. Get either an attack speed slow like Lee Sin, a CC spammer like Janna, or a movement champ like Riven to keep him occupied until ulti fades. Easy kill after that because he needs to ramp up again.