Does Teemo's passive even work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smolder

08-03-2009

I've been trying the last couple days to use Teemo's passive friendly speed buff with very little success. I can't tell how close in front of a teammate I need to be, I can't tell if they have gotten the buff, and I barely notice any speed buff (if any.) This has made me suspect that is not working at all.

Maybe I'm just imagining things, so I wanted to see what others have seen. If it does work, perhaps someone has some tips on using it correctly?

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

08-03-2009

When teemo moves, he leaves invisible patches on the ground behind him that expire after X seconds (not too long, but not hard to follow him with). When an ally moves over them, a little bird icon will appear in their buffs, saying they are moving quicker because of your trail. Hopefully this will be enough info that you can test to your satisfaction the boundaries of this skill.

Floatzel

08-03-2009

It works.
Basically, the buff is going to make them as fast, if not a little faster, than you and they should easily be able to touch you and keep the buff going. It is important that players understand your passive though so that when you are chasing down a fleeing target they know to get out of your way so you can ALL run fast. It makes huge game changes when players are aware of this. It has made the difference between catching/no catching a player for me multiple times.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-03-2009

It does work, but it generally doesn't come into play, because Teemo really shouldn't be leading a charge. It helps for moving through the woods to set up a gank, though.

It does take a few seconds of following him for it to appear, though.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

08-03-2009

the problem is teemo moves too fast for anyone to keep up with him.

It needs to make anyone on his path inherit his move speed. lol

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

08-03-2009

i think it could use a buff, cause it's not very useful

Sh1fty

08-03-2009

It is very useful when used correctly and if you're not getting hit. Its actually quite fun, especially when you get up in the 500s for move speed.

Smolder

08-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1fty View Post
It is very useful when used correctly and if you're not getting hit. Its actually quite fun, especially when you get up in the 500s for move speed.
are you thinking of move fast, the ability that ups teemo's move speed?

Coleman

08-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Frank View Post
It does work, but it generally doesn't come into play, because Teemo really shouldn't be leading a charge. It helps for moving through the woods to set up a gank, though.

It does take a few seconds of following him for it to appear, though.
Teemo is fast enough that he can prepare a charge and pull back towards the end greatly decreasing the time it takes to go down a lane, and I think that's good enough.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

08-03-2009

I've never seen it work unless you were literally touching Teemo's ass. It needs a visual indicator.