League of Legends Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXterminatorxD

04-18-2012

saben algo nadie puede con migo soy el mejor de todos en el lol nadie es rival para mi okey no se hagan iluciones falsos

Supermanyeah

04-22-2012

I'm not sure how many times these have been said but here are a few things Ive picked up on. A lot of them might be obvious, but I think they're helpful

1. Always move between attacks. This especially helps as a ranged champion. The moment your 'projectile', whether its a gust of wind, or an arrow, starts to travel to your target, you can move around. You will still hit the target and deal damage. This way, you can keep up with fleeing enemies, stay mobile in a team fight, and avoid getting hit by aoe spells while still dealing damage

2. Learn your champion's autoattack speed. Again, this applies mostly for ranged champs. Some heroes (zilean comes to mind) have extremely slow 'projectile speeds'. This means that when you fire your basic attack, it takes a longer time to reach the enemy. When last hitting, make sure to take this into account and right-click the minion when it has a bit more hp than it usually would, if it's being attacked by other minions.

3. If you're jungling, or are playing against a jungler, know when they can and can't gank. Certain junglers require level 4, 5, or 6 to successfully gank (warwick comes to mind). If you are playing against one of these junglers, you can push a bit more in your first few levels since you can worry less (not fully ignore) about map awareness.

4. DO NOT autoattack minions at full health. Only try to get last hits. This irritated me to no end when someone would complain about how their lane partner is taking all of their gold. Auto attacking minions pushes your lane forward, and into the enemy's tower. The creeps will be held in tower range, so you can't get any last hits because the tower will hit you. Also, some champions have knock back abilities,which means they can knock you forward a certain distance. If you push up, you expose yourself to ganks from behind, potentially knocking you into tower range.

5. Buy Wards. This is not a job for just support. Especially pre level 30, when team comps aren't used as much, BUY AT LEAST FOUR WARDS THROUGHOUT THE COURSE OF THE GAME. Look online for best ward spots, but always ward the dragon and baron.

5a. Don't return to base the moment you have enough gold for your next item (unless you're dangerously low on hp). Kill a few more minions or monsters so you have enough gold for your item, as well as WARDS and a health pot or two.

6. Blue team has the advantage in ganking top, and purple team has the advantage in ganking bottom because of the 'tri-bush' (it's the bush where three paths intersect). Therefore, purple team should be mroe careful when pushing top, and blue should be more careful when pushing bottom.

7. Try for dragon within the first 15 minutes of the game, try for baron in the first 30. These are MAXIMUM time limits. Dragon spawns at 6 minutes into the game.

8. Try to include a jungler in teams, who gains experience and gold through the neutral monsters around the map. This lets the person in the top lane gain the same experience and gold as the person in the middle lane, which gives you two extra farmed champions late game

PanzerVIII

04-30-2012

hi

Bean Soup

05-01-2012

I dont know how much this has been stated, but I recently mastered this trick, and boy does it help me farm nicely.

Its called Freezing the Lane
Its meaning is fairly obvious, the goal is to "freeze" the lane, or stop the creeps from moving. This is not something that you can do at any time, and its not always smart to do it. You need to pay attention to a number of factors before you can successfully freeze your lane.

One can do this in any lane, and at any point in the game (when the lane is pushing against you) although it is easier later in the game when 1. You have more dmg and therefore easier last hitting, and 2. your tower(s) has been destroyed.

First of all, the lane needs to be pushing against you. This means that if you just stood there and watched the creeps battle it out, the enemy creeps would kill the friendly ones first, and move farther up your lane. Second of all, you need to be able to last hit proficiently (feel free to go into bot games to work on this part of your gameplay).

The way you freeze the lane is by making sure that you dont kill all the enemy minions before the next wave gets there. IF you output too much dmg, your minions will just push the lane for you. this is bad, because pushing the lane will leave you open to ganks, and it will give your opponent a chance to freeze the lane where he wants it rather than where you want it. IF you dont do enough dmg, the lane will continue pushing against you. THIS IS THE BETTER OPTION. you are simply given another chance to freeze your lane, in perhaps an even more desirable place.

WARNING: NOT DOING ENOUGH DMG IS SMARTER THAN DOING TOO MUCH DMG, BUT DONT LET IT GET TO THE POINT WHERE THE MINIONS GET TO YOUR TOWER, BECAUSE THEN YOU WILL START LOSING FARM

A quick point about what i said here ^ so as to stop the trolls from getting mad. It is entirely possible to last hit at your tower, but its harder, and generally speaking, if you get pushed to your tower, the lane will start pushing for you, because your tower is doing the dmg for you/your creeps.

General Rules for Freezing
-Do it on your side of the lane, this way your opponent has to extend past the middle of the lane if they want to continue last hitting.
-Do it when your opponent is out of lane. (this is not always the case, as sometimes you may want to push their tower when they leave lane. use your judgement as to which option you should take)
-Do it when you are winning your lane (if you can do it without getting beat on when your losing, by all means go ahead) but if you're winning your lane you can generally keep your opponent off the creeps. Freezing the lane makes it a lot easier to do that
-Be careful about fighting your opponent when you are trying to freeze your lane. If you attack them while the creeps are nearby, the creeps will aggro to you, and ruin the delicate balance of dmg that is needed to freeze the lane
-Dont ignore your opponent completely though. Getting a kill is more important than getting a few creeps.
-MAP AWARENESS, if their jungler is in the vicinity of your lane, be very careful as to where you have it frozen, you dont want to get overextended.

^This last point is very important. If you dont feel safe where the creeps are fighting, then please dont freeze the lane there. Let the creeps push closer to your base, so that you can farm without feeling like your about to die.

GaMiiNG

05-15-2012

My favorite character if i want to get IP is Teemo "the scout" with phantom dancers (under movement catagorie) and the recommended boots. He is sooo overpowered then and usually if you are skilled with him u get around 18 kills and 1 death possibly 2. My best was 24 kills and no deaths. Try aguing with me know.

Zenex FX

05-20-2012

great for new players/summoners

i think they will really like your guild

I Darkrobin I

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

dafuq

Fox Bloody

05-22-2012

I'm upset. I can't find it and when I ask, no one tells me... how do you do the special pings like "target warwick", "target turret", "request help", "fall back from Ahri", things like that? The basic pings on the minimaps just ping, not say something in the chat window too

InShortSight

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Bloody View Post
I'm upset. I can't find it and when I ask, no one tells me... how do you do the special pings like "target warwick", "target turret", "request help", "fall back from Ahri", things like that? The basic pings on the minimaps just ping, not say something in the chat window too
i beleive you have to click the ping button then click the thing you want to target, eg. targeting tower, press 'g' then click on the tower. easy as pi. =P

Oscar gamer

06-04-2012

newbie tips