League of Legends Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kybarsfang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelnir View Post
well the character i use the most is Sivir, i find that i can get into a good rhythm with her. i just unlocked Ashe and when i tried her out i just got totally wiped so i think ill stick with sivir for awhile.
my problem is that everyone else seems to level faster than i do and so before i know it, the game is like 5 steps ahead of where im at and im consistently dying. idk whether im making bad equipment purchases or if i just stink :P

any suggestions?
Not only am I a new player, I'm a Shen player, so I totally feel your pain. (I technically have way less farming speed than you, and thus potentially less leveling speed.) Three things helped me become better at my chosen Champion and level fairly well:

1) Champion-specific guides. I got to learn how other people played Shen and tried playing like them to see if I liked it or not. Ultimately, though, don't feel restricted by how others play your Champion. Feel free to experiment.

2) General gameplay tips. You can learn how to play a Champion, but you're working with one hand tied behind your back if you don't know how to play the game. Researching thing like laning tactics, when to anticipate a team gank, and also what kind of equipment is out there can all help you be a better player and adjust tactics as needed.

3) Practice. It's obvious and generic advice, but it's true. Depending on how much time I have available to play, I usually like to run a practice game against a bot before I play any "real" games, ESPECIALLY if I'm trying out a Champion I've never played before.

Overall, though, keep at it. Don't let anybody make you feel bad about how you play, especially yourself. Keep your goal in sight and keep learning/practicing. If you find yourself becoming really discouraged, try playing some other Champions. Maybe you'll be surprised how much you like a different one.

I hope this helps!

beradical

05-23-2010

I love this game!

Atrum Nox

05-23-2010

From what i heard, every week, 10 characters switch. When does this happen and is there any way to keep a hero you like?

death reaper 619

05-24-2010

new players should learn hwo gets what items and when for the game example ashe all atk ..shaco atk with crit and speed . tanks hp and hp regan ect once you learn this you can win alot more

Rakkasah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrum Nox View Post
From what i heard, every week, 10 characters switch. When does this happen and is there any way to keep a hero you like?

It's possible through playing to save up IP - Influence Points - through playing games, win or lose [though preferably winning], or purchasing RP - Riot Points - with money. Both of which can be used to purchase heroes 'for keeps', so to speak, and the latter can even buy you skins and boosts and the like.

Alternatively, buying the game either in stores, or the digital version unlocks a handful of heroes for you anyway, generally with a fair-sized RP boost to do what you want with.

Tervic

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kybarsfang View Post
3) Practice. It's obvious and generic advice, but it's true. Depending on how much time I have available to play, I usually like to run a practice game against a bot before I play any "real" games, ESPECIALLY if I'm trying out a Champion I've never played before.

I hope this helps!
Eh, the bots are really sub-par, given how predictable and idiotic they can be. They're great punching bags for figuring out a combo, but in a real game, things rarely go that smoothly. One thing I recommend is looking for a practice game with other real players. I know quite a few experienced people go out of their way to host "training games" that have the sole purpose of trying out random things and exchanging ideas on how to better one's gameplay.

LunarisDream

06-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by khazmoth View Post
Hi.. Im just a pure newbie here.. and this is my first mmorpg(if im not mistaken),.. i just want to know the great heroes(Champions right?) for newbies like me... plese help me. and i want to know the items they need.. thank u..
Dude, LoL is a lot of things, but mmorpg is not one of them. xD

Try Sivir for starters.

P.S. Thanks to the OP for the tip about turrets. I never knew they would auto-target me when I attacked an enemy Champion.

Elenoria V

06-29-2010

Thanks

dribbly

07-03-2010

i need help on the best way to pwn with master yi

Cabbageman16

07-04-2010

The screen lock is nice for playing on laptops.