Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Klikiss

04-10-2010

Quote:
SinfulCelestial:
Great tip against Shaco:

In a teamfight, make sure you ping Shaco so he has the crosshairs over his head. This way, after he hallucinates, the crosshairs over the head of one of them tells you which is the real Shaco.

Really? Man. I wonder if that'd be considered a bug. It ruins his ult for pvp...

TacticFail

04-11-2010

Quote:
khazmoth:
Hi.. Im just a pure newbie here.. and this is my first mmorpg(if im not mistaken),.. i just want to know the great heroes(Champions right?) for newbies like me... plese help me. and i want to know the items they need.. thank u..

Every week the 10 free champions rotate, so if you have just started playing, you wont have any points to buy the champions permenantly. My advice to you would be to look their graph bars (hover your mouse over the champion icon, then click on the little icon in the right bottom corner) and take extra notice in the difficulty bar. Pick a hero with easy or maybe medium.

After picking the champion it's probably best to play a few pratice games just to get familiar with the spells, items, etc. of your champion.

Hope it helped.

Quote:
SinfulCelestial:
Great tip against Shaco:

In a teamfight, make sure you ping Shaco so he has the crosshairs over his head. This way, after he hallucinates, the crosshairs over the head of one of them tells you which is the real Shaco.

I ended up learning that trick by playing against shaco and wished I had know it earlier lol.

I don't know wether it's a bug or not, would be nice to know.

jackyking

Master Recruiter

04-14-2010

This is a tower defense game, not a deathmatch! The ONLY way to win is to kill the enemies' towers, inhibitors, and finally nexus. We have won several games where nobody on my team had a positive kill-death ratio.

That's true!

I think Master Yi is good to destory the tower of the enemy in a quick and quiet way. lol

unregenerate

04-15-2010

The best advice I can offer to new players: keep at it and play defensively. Once you learn what abilities other champions have, and what they are capable of, you will get better at judging when to jump in and out of fights.

Play some practice games with real people if you think normal games are still too hard... there are practice games up all the time that are full of new players only wanting to play against new players.

Jerjare

04-17-2010

Towers protect you, but remember that if you have only a pixel of health standing next to a tower isn't going to stop an aggresive opponent from getting that last hit in to kill you. If you are almost dead, find somwehre to hide like in bushes or far from enemies to prevent getting ganked.

Rageclaws

04-23-2010

Good to know , all that nice info tyvm.

B3traya1

04-27-2010

im new to League. i plated HoN before this. what are easy champs to play as to get a feel for the game?

Kynaeus

04-29-2010

Quote:
B3traya1:
im new to League. i plated HoN before this. what are easy champs to play as to get a feel for the game?

Every week the ten free heroes are rotated so you can try playing as many characters to get a feel for them. Enter matchmaking and when you get into a game it shows the list of champs you can choose, if you click the info button in the bottom right corner of any portrait it gives you a simple bar-form evaluation of that character, including difficulty to play. Ashe is an easy character to start off with, I can't remember any others. Oh, these profiles are also available on the website, too.

One awesome tip: You can see the recommended items in the top of the shop window but if you click an item in your inventory, it shows another list of items in which your item is a component; ie, other items you can make with it. Some of the ones I've seen in this list I thought were much better than the recommended, so it's worth doing a little investigating to find the right items for your hero.

Umibozu

04-30-2010

Quote:
B3traya1:

Besides what the previous poster said...

If you like playing a mage, play Annie she is pretty easy to play. For physical DPS you have a lot of options, but I would recommend Ashe because she is effective, easy to play, but her ultimate can be tricky to use because its a map-wide skillshot.

noisy43

05-04-2010

Thank you for this tips. It means a lot for me, cos i am a new player in this type of game.