League of Legends Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khamo

11-10-2009

nice thread. i have a question regarding teemo's mushrooms.

does the damage of his mushrooms depends on his ultimate level when placed or when triggered (by enemies)? like does 5 levels earlier placed mushrooms have the increased damage of the present ultimate level?

sainthero

11-27-2009

We should start posting screenies of nerds raging cus they got backdoored. Those bushes are cheap backdooring is not. It's an exploit yes, of the enemy's stupidity.

COWP0WER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
I've never played DOTA so I hope this isn't to dumb of a question. How do I equip items? I bought weapons for my champion but could not figure out to save my life how to equip the darn things.
As soon as u have bought an item, it's equiped, and does whatever it's supposed to do.
Unless it's a consuamble item (potion or ward) then u have to click the item in your inventory.

And to answer all the item buying questions:
When you buy a build, where u need other items before you can get it you can just click on the main build, the item you want and then, if u have enough gold you can buy it right away. This enables buying combo-items even if you have 5 or even 6 items already as long as one of the six is a part of the combo item.
About the price for the combo item. It's the same if you build it one step at a time or if you get it al at once. If you click the main item before and after buying a thing needed for the build you'll see that the price has gone down the with the same amount as the item you just bought costed.
The price listed when you click on it in the left part of the shopwidow is the price for the "recipe" itself. The price you get if you click on it in the right part of the shopwindow is the price you need to pay to get it (it has substracted the cost of any needed items).
Hope this doesn't make it sound too complicated, 'cause it's rly pretty simple, when u realise how it works.

undeadrogue

12-07-2009

Can you talk about reccomended items please im having a tough time finding out what items gangplank and nunu shud use.

Cuban1

12-23-2009

hey ppl, i'm new to the game and i mostly know how to do everything, but what bothers me is that i get killed way too many times. Can you give me some tips? I'm using Ryze the mage. Thx a lot

MBirk

12-24-2009

Are there hotkeys for using inventory items? or is clicking them the only way?
Potions/items with activate powers.

condon

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
Are there hotkeys for using inventory items? or is clicking them the only way?
Potions/items with activate powers.
1-6 keys, I do believe. I've never actually bothered myself, but that's what I've been told.

Faentom

12-24-2009

Hey, I'm not sure how to use the store from the main menu, is it like when you purchase a champion with your Influence Points does it become accessable to you and only you. Like no one can choose the champion but only you. Any answers would be greatly helpful. BTW. Only played in 4 games total so kinda a noob.

Azhra

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSoultaker View Post
Also that you can one shot buy an entire item by selecting the top-most part on the build tree for the item.

Thanks so much. I was looking for that bit of info haha

Lyrical Sympathy

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faentom View Post
Hey, I'm not sure how to use the store from the main menu, is it like when you purchase a champion with your Influence Points does it become accessable to you and only you. Like no one can choose the champion but only you. Any answers would be greatly helpful. BTW. Only played in 4 games total so kinda a noob.

It does not make the champion exclusive to you , any other players who unlocked the champion via IP or Riot Points etc are still able to use that champion.

Let's say for example you "bought" Ashe from the store. During the champion select phase before the game starts , if your team mate "Summons" Ashe before you do , you'll be unable to select her for that particular game.

This doesn't apply to the opposing team , hence the existence of "mirror" match ups.

Hope this helps -