The resurgance of Taric?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Me So Nerdy

3 Days Ago

As a support main (and as I'm sure many other support mains will sympathize with), landing a skillshot CC like a Thresh Q, Zyra E, etc. is becoming increasingly difficult with the "new" Lucian and many other mobile ADC's. Not only that, IMmobile hypercarries are seeing their time in the spotlight as well (Kog, Trist, etc.). It seems reasonable that a support with a lock-on stun, heal, and provides passive armor buffs would excel to help combat this recent ADC meta.

Enter Taric, who hasn't seen much, if any, play since before I started playing mid-season 3, I've noticed. Taric, for all the reasons I mentioned above, seems like the perfect choice to combat every meta ADC in lane and in teamfights. Might we see some professional support player pull it just to give it a try, you think? And might we see more Tarics in ranked?

Melvear

3 Days Ago

While Taric can be alright in lane, I feel he brings too little late game compared to most other top pick supports. Only a single target CC, single target heal, and a ult that's kind of awkward given his role.

Maybe it's just me though, I've never liked him since joining league mid season 1.

Toge

3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
While Taric can be alright in lane, I feel he brings too little late game compared to most other top pick supports. Only a single target CC, single target heal, and a ult that's kind of awkward given his role.

Maybe it's just me though, I've never liked him since joining league mid season 1.
agreed, there are just better champions

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

3 Days Ago

People just don't use Taric correctly. Taric is a very patient support, and most people aren't patient.

Taric is (and was, and most likely always will be) a good support. His late game damage does taper off, but he's basically unkillable when it comes to late game. Taric's strength isn't in his damage though, its in that he peels exceptionally well. For an ADC, that stun is very crucial, but so is the armor break, armor buff, and the damage buff of his ultimate.

Most people just don't understand the power of his ultimate. His ultimate allows him to still do damage while being tanky, As well as giving a nice damage buff for an entire team, which 35 AP/AD Is more than a Baron buff Aura. It also gives him double, which means his damage is actually pretty decent with no items/damage items.

Taric is a great champion for those who really understand mechanics and the bot lane match up as all you have to worry about it having better mechanics than the other team than worrying about when to hit skillshots. Taric's Level 2 engage is absurdly strong with the Flash->Stun->W combo. Procing his passive twice, whilst lowering armor is just brutal.

I don't play a lot of Taric, but he is quite fabulous in his own right. The problem with Taric is that most people don't enjoy being patient(I am one of them) with his stun and they will go stun the Shen in the front of the group while Riven is eating the ADC.

Pros:

No Skillshots
Not absurdly mana hungry
Great sustain
Extremely naturally tanky
Aid's everyone on the team passively
One of the few supports who can actually waveclear somewhat quickly.
Fabulous

Cons:
As mobile as a brick
ADC and Team reliant
Has no poke/Range aside from stun
Long cooldown on stun ( Gets shorter with passive, though)
As mobile as a brick