Leveling Skill Order

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3 Weeks Ago

Hi,

Would maxing two skills simultaneously on a champion be more effective than maxing a single skill first? If I was playing Vayne for example, would it be better to put even points into Q and W instead of the traditional 5 points in Q or W and 2 in the other at level 9 or instead putting 4 into Q and 3 into W at level 9.

With maxing Q first, I would have significantly higher mobility, with a 2 second cooldown, but I wouldn't have the strong true damage shred, which makes Vayne very strong. If I maxed W first, I would have significant burst, but lacking in mobility, which Vayne really needs due to her very squishy stats. If I evenly distributed the points into Q and W, I would have 4 points in Q and 3 in W, what I say is a healthy mix between mobility and burst, lacking in the burst with maxing W or mobility on maxing Q, but making up for it by having both.

Vayne was only an example, please do not limit the discussion to Vayne and expand on explaing why this would or wouldn't work on different champions.

Thanks!

Wichita

3 Weeks Ago

In short, you have a balanced steady power increase instead of 2 power spikes by maxing 2 different abilities separately.

Wichita

3 Weeks Ago

This can be good or bad, with vayne I'd max Q and not the simultaneous ability leveling, this is also because you get a stronger damage proc off your q rather than an average/weak q proc off leveling simultaneously. BUT, if I get big early off some early kills, I'll put 2 or 3 points in W before I max Q because I have the items to make up for the missing q proc.