Miss fortune Vs. Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ellocoolp123

01-24-2014

Hello i was just wondering who would be best to buy katarina or miss fortune. They both look interesting and i hear good things about both champions. Any opinons?

MeesterDerk

01-24-2014

I think kata sucks. Go ahead, downvote me. She is only effective against few champions and I have yet to find a good enough kata to outplay me. She really only shines in teamfights and with the right team comps. Any type of cc cancels her ult. Not to mention, she kses like crazy to keep her passive up. A fed kat is nice, but easy to shut down

Mf is a solid adc choice, she can also go mid but I rarely see it. She is also one of the few champs to naturally apply grievous wounds, which is nice to have in s4. I don't play her though so I can't say much about lane matchups. Just came to say don't pick Feederina.

Ser Safir

01-24-2014

From what I hear Kat is easier to master and get a penta with.

Miss fortune is a good AoE adc. If you have a sona support, you can mesh your ults.

MF sees a free week often from what I've noticed. Kat is on a free week right now if you want to try her out.

It's all a matter of playstyle.

CrownRocks

01-24-2014

Katarina is fun but maybe not a good pick if you're new.

Her kit is good but using it correctly depends on your knowledge of other champion abilities.

MF is easy to play and a decent first ADC to learn on.

Not sure how you narrowed it down to those 2, but I think you should hold off on your points and try out more champions.

Wrekx

01-24-2014

If you don't use smart cast don't even consider Kat. MF however is good for all skill levels.

Direwolfiez

01-24-2014

Depends if you've played Assassins or ADCs more.

As an Assassin, Katarina seems to be going out of style. More people seem to be playing single-target burst-combo Assassins, like Ahri and Fizz (before they got a slight nerf) and Kassadin. She's not bad, by any means, but specializes in taking out squishies, as do most Assassins, but is a multiple-target Assassin. Right now, a lot of popular mids are Assassins, even though Riot is trying to make them more viable to play against as mages. If you go against another Assassin, whoever wins might be based on kits or skill. It's unlikely that you'll have an advantage over the other Assassin. Now, if it's a mage, Kat usually rolls right over them. Her Shunpo makes hiding behind minions useless, and the closer she is to mages, the less they can do to her, usually. Her ult is great after using her Shunpo, but since it's a channeled ability, it can be stopped as soon as it's started. She's designed to get close to long range squishies and decimate them, and I can tell you from experience as playing against Kats as Lux, she hurts long rage mages SO MUCH.

Miss Fortune is an ability-reliant ADC, like Ezreal. She's not like Ashe, who mostly just autoattacks people to death. MF is all about punishing people hiding behind minions with Double Up. She's great at chasing fleeing people with her passive, though if her prey kites her, the advantage goes away. Her passive does work very well with Make It Rain, since slow + out-of-combat MS increase make chasing down champs incredibly easy in closed spaces. Her steroid's passive is incredibly helpful when the enemy is building armor, and it's active is good for keeping champs from healing. Her ult is a channeled cone spell. It's easy to get out of if you walk directly to the side, but if you use if when Sona or Annie stuns the enemy team, it's almost a sure multikill, although, like Kat's ult, it can be instantly stopped by casting-inhibiting CC, such as knockups, forced action, polymorph, silences, stuns and suppressions. I've seen a MF build a Shiv, then poke the **** out of people with Double Up. It's an incredibly good zoning tactic.

The decision is all up to you. Look up both Kat and MF, look at their strengths and weaknesses, and compare their playstyles to your own. Choose which one you think you'd play better or have more fun playing.

MeesterDerk

01-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolfiez View Post
Depends if you've played Assassins or ADCs more.

As an Assassin, Katarina seems to be going out of style. More people seem to be playing single-target burst-combo Assassins, like Ahri and Fizz (before they got a slight nerf) and Kassadin. She's not bad, by any means, but specializes in taking out squishies, as do most Assassins, but is a multiple-target Assassin. Right now, a lot of popular mids are Assassins, even though Riot is trying to make them more viable to play against as mages. If you go against another Assassin, whoever wins might be based on kits or skill. It's unlikely that you'll have an advantage over the other Assassin. Now, if it's a mage, Kat usually rolls right over them. Her Shunpo makes hiding behind minions useless, and the closer she is to mages, the less they can do to her, usually. Her ult is great after using her Shunpo, but since it's a channeled ability, it can be stopped as soon as it's started. She's designed to get close to long range squishies and decimate them, and I can tell you from experience as playing against Kats as Lux, she hurts long rage mages SO MUCH.

Miss Fortune is an ability-reliant ADC, like Ezreal. She's not like Ashe, who mostly just autoattacks people to death. MF is all about punishing people hiding behind minions with Double Up. She's great at chasing fleeing people with her passive, though if her prey kites her, the advantage goes away. Her passive does work very well with Make It Rain, since slow + out-of-combat MS increase make chasing down champs incredibly easy in closed spaces. Her steroid's passive is incredibly helpful when the enemy is building armor, and it's active is good for keeping champs from healing. Her ult is a channeled cone spell. It's easy to get out of if you walk directly to the side, but if you use if when Sona or Annie stuns the enemy team, it's almost a sure multikill, although, like Kat's ult, it can be instantly stopped by casting-inhibiting CC, such as knockups, forced action, polymorph, silences, stuns and suppressions. I've seen a MF build a Shiv, then poke the **** out of people with Double Up. It's an incredibly good zoning tactic.

The decision is all up to you. Look up both Kat and MF, look at their strengths and weaknesses, and compare their playstyles to your own. Choose which one you think you'd play better or have more fun playing.
How exactly does kata roll over mages? She can shunpo to them??? Omg I'm scared. She has nothing after she shunpo combos. All she can do is walk away giving you the opportunity to trade back more dmg than she dealt to you, which is likely since her damage is weak in the laning phase compared to the raw power of most mages. And mages are ranged for heaven's sake, if you think I'm even gonna let kata get close enough to shunpo me you've got another thing coming. Every assassin outshines kata. She is worthless in lane without jungle support. I will keep believing this until someone proves me otherwise. Add me if you think you can take me as kata. I'd love that, truly

AwesomeChad

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellocoolp123 View Post
Hello i was just wondering who would be best to buy katarina or miss fortune. They both look interesting and i hear good things about both champions. Any opinons?
watch my stream. http://www.twitch.tv/awesomechad I got 2 accounts to plat 1, and 1 account to plat 2 at 69 LP in season 3. I main ADC but i have good mechanics so im able to play other roles pretty well. If you're in my chat, you can ask me questions. You can also add me in league.

@your question; its more about whether u like to play adc or ap assassin. i'd personally go for katarina because the resets are godly.

Direwolfiez

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesterDerk View Post
How exactly does kata roll over mages? She can shunpo to them??? Omg I'm scared. She has nothing after she shunpo combos. All she can do is walk away giving you the opportunity to trade back more dmg than she dealt to you, which is likely since her damage is weak in the laning phase compared to the raw power of most mages. And mages are ranged for heaven's sake, if you think I'm even gonna let kata get close enough to shunpo me you've got another thing coming. Every assassin outshines kata. She is worthless in lane without jungle support. I will keep believing this until someone proves me otherwise. Add me if you think you can take me as kata. I'd love that, truly
Seriously? Did you just come here to brag? You've even admit that you've never seen a good Kat, yet you keep calling her entire kit trash. You completely ignored the OP's request, and you assumed that I play Kat. I don't. I suck with Assassins. I've never played Kat. Go brag somewhere else, Bronzie. Nobody cares.

ellocoolp123, if you've never played ADCs before, I'd recommend starting with Ashe. She's only 450 IP, she's incredibly easy to play, and is great in teamfights because of her slows. If you want to try out an AP Carry, I'd go with a champ that is pretty easy to play, like Annie. Her abilities stun the target(s) on the 4th cast, which can be applied to a single target with her Q and multiple targets with her W and ultimate. She nukes incredibly hard, yet most people see an Annie and think that she's a noob because they're playing Annie. I've stunned entire teams with her ultimate during teamfights, and the best part is that it does damage over time, so if you stun a team with Tibbers, they take the initial burst damage from the cast, PLUS the DoT each second they're close to him.

Akromah

01-25-2014

It's impossible to have resets like kat and be useless. She's god with supplementary damage so she can snowball fights with or without her ult. I'd take kat. MF is pretty underwhelming at the moment.