Is Dominion falling in popularity?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

itchysaurus rex

09-30-2011

Because dominion is unbalanced piece of ****. It's almost as bad as twisted treeline.

Evenfall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2011

I find SR SOOOOOO boring now. Dominion is where it is at for me, I will be happy if I never have to play SR again.

I'm not the only one either, my entire group of friends all switched to playing just Dominion. It's the better map really. More balanced, more viable champs (all really), not 10 flashes in a game. It's just all around far better than SR.

Praul

09-30-2011

All I know is that my queue times are normally 10-30 seconds on draft mode. I'm happy with that.

And with DM falling in popularity, well myself and all of my friends haven't played more than a single game of SR since the first DM beta.

meatwagoon

09-30-2011

I've only played 1 SR since Dom came out. It's completely different, the pace is too slow for some players tastes. Both are fun...just polar opposite gameplay.

ArlanKels

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futonlol View Post
I got bored of it fast, i'm sure a lot of players did. Its like a different game, its so sloppy its boring.
It isn't sloppy, the players themselves are. I see a lot of boneheaded idiotic moves in Dominion every time I roll out the game, it's one of the reasons I actually wince a little when I go to play it even though I really love it.

Why do I love it?
It's fast.
It doesn't require farming, which I find to be the worst "Skill" required for the game.
Very few champions are underpowered/worthless overall.

Our Hero Niko

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper View Post
Oh yea Dominion is fairly popula-

wait is that Volibar?

holy **** he hardly posts!

How do you feel about the possibility of Ranked play in Dominion? Perhaps within this year?
some of the dominant choices would have to be tuned before ranked would have to come i assume

dirkDiGgYDIGGLER

09-30-2011

I've been playing all 3 game modes since Dominion came out. The funny thing for me is it actually got me back into playing SR. I played TT for quite a while because SR just seemed so slow paced and I hated learning new characters on the map.

Now I've been playing in the ranked 5's queue again because I can break up the long games with quick dominion matches. All the characters are viable to a greater or lesser extent and I don't get 4 people ****ting on me for 45 minutes if I want to try an unfamiliar champ and don't do that well. It's been quite fun and a great mode to test team fighting skills vs SR where you could play for an hour and only get 4-5 team fights in.

Abedeus

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Logan View Post
How incredibly illogical. Defensive type champions cannot win team fights, nor can they succeed in the initial cap. Keep believing you have any clue how to balance a game though friend.
Team fights and Dominion doesn't work together.

VCJunky

09-30-2011

Blind pick queue is near instant for me.

So far I only tried Draft a couple of times, but I didn't have to wait more than a minute or two. It probably depends on the time of day.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2011

10-30 second queue times for me since release. Only play blind pick. Don't think I need to worry about OP champs in a game mode that is so new, so why bother playing draft? We need a chance to figure out strats against these thew "Flavor-of-the-Day" OP champs.