Is Dominion falling in popularity?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mizral

Member

09-30-2011

*******http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10324538.jpg********


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

undreaming

Senior Member

09-30-2011

Yup, draft picks queue are quite long, I couldnt even wait 1 min so I dropped it and played blind pick (ofc faced Akali, Poppy and Jax on enemy team omg).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrincessDerpy

Senior Member

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddar fetter View Post
Blind is super quick. It's draft mode that is losing popularity IF anything.
Fix the lack of a dodge penalty and this will get fixed. Blind is only 'popular' because you can actually get a game started without praying that all 5 members of both teams are fully satisfied with their comp as compared to the opposing team's comp.


I sat through a good 6 dodges in a row last night trying to get a game started.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

idyemyhairbrown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-30-2011

Draft pick is long. My time for blind pick is around 3 minutes. Depends on elo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Numbat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerivalara View Post
Fix the lack of a dodge penalty and this will get fixed. Blind is only 'popular' because you can actually get a game started without praying that all 5 members of both teams are fully satisfied with their comp as compared to the opposing team's comp.


I sat through a good 6 dodges in a row last night trying to get a game started.
SO THIS.

Also it's pretty obvious that Dominion is less popular than it was 3 days ago when it was new and everyone could play it for the first time.

The real question is, will it die like TT did?

I don't think it will.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volibar

Senior Product Manager

Follow Volibar on Twitter

09-30-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

So far we're pleased with Dominion and the number of people playing. I'd suspect queue times in Draft with a high ELO will cause you to wait for quite a bit at this point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Futonlol

Senior Member

09-30-2011

I got bored of it fast, i'm sure a lot of players did. Its like a different game, its so sloppy its boring.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
So far we're pleased with Dominion and the number of people playing. I'd suspect queue times in Draft with a high ELO will cause you to wait for quite a bit at this point.
Does it uses the same elo as your normal games elo or it has it's own elo?

I waited 5 mins for a game yesterday =(


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ManaPowered

Senior Member

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrider View Post
Does it uses the same elo as your normal games elo or it has it's own elo?

I waited 5 mins for a game yesterday =(
I thought I read that there wasn't elo for Dominion yet? But a dev confirmed it here so...Can someone help me out with this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykper

Senior Member

09-30-2011

Oh yea Dominion is fairly popula-

wait is that Volibar?

holy **** he hardly posts!

How do you feel about the possibility of Ranked play in Dominion? Perhaps within this year?