Corky Underpowered.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Potions

09-20-2009

Corki is one of the most underpowered heroes to date. A quick look at his abilities will show us that he needs a massive buff to be of any use in games.

Q - Phosphorous Bomb - Weak damage, short range, and terrible ap scaling? While this ability can take away almost a third of a minion's health, there is no way you could do anything to a champion with it. Definitely needs a buff.

W - Valkyrie - This ability is alright. Essentially a slower blink, this is his only decent ability, and it is for escape.

E - Gatling Gun - Range. This ability can't hit **** unless it's 1 pixel from you. The damage is alright but it definitely needs a buff.

R - Missile Barrage (Ultimate) - Extremely hard skill shot. The missile moves incredibly fast, making it hard to hit people. This, however, is appropriate, but to make it easier to hit champions, the missile and the aoe damage should be made bigger. It also has pretty weak damage for an ultimate, it should be 100/200/300.

Passive - 10% damage to regular attacks. Are you kidding me? While cryophoenix gets 2 lives and whatnot, Corki gets 10% damage? This should be put to atleast 15% damage.

This is not to mention that he has no slows or stuns at all, as well as a ****ty movespeed. This hero is too easy to counter and consistently gets raped in PuG's. He needs a monster buff in order to make him playable.

Surgery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2009

I just wanted to say 'Hi' before the flames begin.

Potions

09-20-2009

LockedBob makes a powerful point:

Interesting how every thread that gets created is about whining at somewhat different heroes. What's the matter? Can't right click with Ashe anymore to own Corky now? First of all let's discuss his skills because they are anything but OP:

His first skill has a small to moderate aoe with a VERY SHORT RANGE and a decent cooldown. How can you even think about crying around that it's a summoner spell? It has 50% chance to blind if you get in there to cast it with your low HP. What do you mean it rapes the face off clairvoyance? Did you check the range? Are you gonna spam a 10ish cooldown spell that has a weak AOE radius to discover an invisible hero? I can really see a Corki with 300-400 mana at low level spamming this skill and gatling and Valkyrie which all cost around 100 mana at level 2-3 of the skills.

Valkyrie - he jumps somewhere and drops bombs which cause damage if you remain in the fire... Who makes you stay there? Are you gonna ask a nerf for Morgana's aoe as well now?(OMG YOU GET DMG FROM STANDING IN IT? WTH?!!?? my ashe can't insta kill!) Played him already and as a side note it's not a blink you simply travel to the respective location faster. You still get damage and stuns and so on. Died plenty of times while trying to run with it.

Gatling - Why don't you bother posting the range of gatling? Or the fact that you have to face the target AND come in 400-500 range of it to hit it. Besides your argument of him raping inhibitors with this skill is bull****. This doesn`t hit buildings. Ashe's volley anyone? Bigger range contains a slow and it's scalable just like Corki's. I`m sorry it's not the same skill or that you don't have it ashe... (funny sidenote: how come no1 ever cries about ashe being op? oh well maybe it's just cause you're all fanboys of mirana and traxex from dota)

Missile(ulti) - It takes 12 seconds to load a missile. It's a skill shot and the hit radius is small. So you have to wait 12 seconds for your missile to load and then you have to target it. The aoe is big enough but it's not huge.. It's just like morgana's trap skill. Because it's a skill shot... It's definitely not overpowered. The damage output is not high because you first have to hit those missiles and trust me you miss alot of them.

Passive - 10% true damage on each hit. How many hits do you have to get in with this skill to reach the passive that Ashe has? Her next attack(well actually her next 2-3 attacks because this always occurs dunno why) is a crit. That means 200% damage or 250% with infinity edge. So he basically has to hit you 10-15 times with autoattack to reach what Ashe does in a single hit.

Try posting comparison's to other champions skills(e.g.: damage, cd, radius, etc.). Just because someone plays well doesn't mean a champion is OP. As a side note the last 5 games I lost were because of a 31-2 Ashe in the opposing team that was picking off feeders in my team. Never even met her until she was beyond godlike and had 2-3 high tier items.

OctopusDropkick

09-20-2009

I disagree, Corky is incredibly strong. I'm seeing him in every game I play (on both sides) all the time. He just kicks the **** out of everyone while being elusive and very, very, very, hard to kill. He also seems to have some great pushing ability, too. It's like playing a teleporting Annie that can fart out a higher rate of damage.

Shillen

09-20-2009

This was a clear troll thread.

Sythion

09-20-2009

troll thread, don't feed it.

Quinnister

09-20-2009

I think it's interesting at least. I feel that Corki is imbalanced to some degree, but I'm not quite sure how far. What do you think about these arguments, even if they are presented in a troll fashion because it disagrees with the norm?

Schn

09-20-2009

That it's the combination of skills rather than any one being overpowered which is the problem. With valkyrie, most of the range problems evaporate.

Aeonus

09-20-2009

Corki for WHAT he is, is incredibly strong and useful
Corki IS OP in most things
Corki IS UP in the health dept and move speed (for gosh sakes he's flying around in a helicopter apparatus he should move at LEAST as fast as Teemo)

Hmmer94

09-20-2009

Katrina is slightly OP easily fixed.

Go help the critisme on fixing katrina and some sudgesttions at my threads.

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...d=1#post135506

Concerning corki... he is OP no doubt, needs some serious number tweaks, espacially in the AOE, RANGE, and DAMAGE department