Kat is OP? Balanced? UP

OP 63 29.72%
Balanced 140 66.04%
UP 9 4.25%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Kat OP/Balanced/UP??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clinkster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

Annoying manaless hero....but balanced.

yamers

06-06-2010

she's a pub stomping machine.

her spin of death will **** your face off.

a coordinated team will **** all over her though. A smart kat is hard to stop though even if your team is decently coordinated.

she's like in between OP and balanced.

I have friends who play Kat and they are seriously horrible with everything else, they just go maniac with her and able to kill tons of people. If they pick any other charachter they **** their pants and can't do anything.

so there is something obviously STRONG about kat, but she's not OVER POWERED, but she's not TO balanced. She is close to balanced, but she needs MINOR MINOR down town on something.

asdz

06-06-2010

I'd say this hero is OP.

No mana required.

Has good surviveability, tons of dmg.

AD adds to skills

Farms easily

Great for harass

Too much goodies for hero that has to manage nothing but his health.

Triode

06-06-2010

Only thing I think should be changed is the ridiculous distance BB can jump between. You have to be half a screen away from the previous bounce to be safe. It's base damage might also be a little high, but I think if they nerfed its jumping range, that might be enough. Or at least they should make one change at a time to see how much effect it has.

And perhaps giving her an energy system.

Kodoku

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triode View Post
Only thing I think should be changed is the ridiculous distance BB can jump between. You have to be half a screen away from the previous bounce to be safe. It's base damage might also be a little high, but I think if they nerfed its jumping range, that might be enough. Or at least they should make one change at a time to see how much effect it has.

And perhaps giving her an energy system.
The jump range is fairly small, but every target is determined the moment is cast. Thus you can start running as soon as it's cast and get a screen's length away but you'll still get hit. Conversely, if you start half a screen away and then run towards a target after it's cast, it won't jump to you no matter what.

Triode

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
The jump range is fairly small, but every target is determined the moment is cast. Thus you can start running as soon as it's cast and get a screen's length away but you'll still get hit. Conversely, if you start half a screen away and then run towards a target after it's cast, it won't jump to you no matter what.
Interesting. In that case, my new nerf is for it to determine whether something is in range when it is about to make each jump. Just so you are actually able to react and get away, as opposed to having absolutely no say in getting hit unless you stay far away all the time.

CC Radical

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyresea View Post
So... you're saying you need to let the enemy Kat XP deny you? I'm not sure how you can continue to last hit and gain XP while avoiding the BB's bounce range. Maybe stay out of range, only running into range to get the last hit? Meanwhile, allowing Kat to farm to her heart's content, and perhaps even push her harassment further to ensure you're denied XP?

Also, a lot of people would call Zilean's bombs OP, for the same reason. They do far too much damage for the extremely minimal "skill" put in. Which ultimately is my point, something people seem to have missed. BB's implementation is fine, EXCEPT that it does too much damage. #1 You shouldn't be able to harass someone to death while safely snuggling behind your wall of minions the entire time.
If the damage was lame then it wouldn't be a harrassing skill. Asking to nerf the damage defeats the entire purpose of the skill. Why give Zilean bombs and Kat BB if they barely hurt? I'd just ignore them and keep farming. Most likely leveling up would make up for such damage. This seems to be what you want. But guess what? If farming was so easy hard carries would own face all the time.

A few things to note. Kat does not farm well with BB unless she goes AD. Hence, it's really only used as a harrassment tool and a way to push her lane. Even if she goes AD, attack items are expensive and it will take her a while to build up her BB damage. Even more important is that the # of jumps and damage of BB is ridiculously small at the beginning and only becomes annoying around level 4.

What does this tell us? That she can't really start harrassing you until level 5. So you should be taking advantage of this and farming at the beginning. Now she's hit level 5 or 6 and BB is becoming annoying.

What do the smart players do? Buy health/health regen/MR/ask for a lane switch if they're too lazy to spend the gold on countering.

What do the ignorant players do? Keep spending gold on more AD/AP items and ignore the fact that they're squishy. Then when a BB comes their way they keep close to their minions and get hit for 15% of their health then complain afterwards that Kat is OP.

Guess what? If you build yourself as a glass cannon and then find out BB hurts, well yeah, it's going to hurt like hell because you have no survivability. But its your own fault for choosing your item build so there's no one to blame but yourself. Many people have already suggested to invest into defensive items like MR but no one seems to listen. Once you reach mid ELO you're realize that having awesome damage isn't worth it if you die 5 seconds into a team fight. Even as Kat, I build some survivability.

Also in answer to your #1:

Zilean
Janna
Tristana
Karthus
Katarina
Sivir
Ashe
Anivia
Morgana - no treads for you D:
Ezreal
Dr. Mundo