Kat is OP? Balanced? UP

OP 63 29.72%
Balanced 140 66.04%
UP 9 4.25%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Kat OP/Balanced/UP??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

piratesas

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
The world is filled with illogical hypocrites that believe in their own obfuscated righteousness.
This ofcourse would not apply to you amirite?

Ai shi teru

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesas View Post
This ofcourse would not apply to you amirite?
Contradicting thoughts/beliefs, i believe, is what hypocrisy is, not actions. It does apply to me, just not as much :P.

Kryptix

06-06-2010

She's Balanced and OP at the same time, kinda like Yi and Tryndamere. She snowballs hardcore but is pretty bad if she doesn't.

Razeluxe

06-06-2010

First of all any character with no mana has a distinct advantage in the laning phase, as they can spam their harassment skils whenever wherever. Coupled with the fact that she has a harassment move that is devastating, she is OP early game. Even mid game i've seen people just stack health on her and just let her abilities do the damage. Late game she kind of fades away with no real game breaking ability, but can still participate so I'd lean slightly towards the OP side.

The Boz

06-06-2010

OP early game leads to unchallenged farming ability. A huge snowball effect.

Istarune

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptix View Post
She's Balanced and OP at the same time, kinda like Yi and Tryndamere. She snowballs hardcore but is pretty bad if she doesn't.
So a character who relies almost entirely on her skills for damage is like two auto-attack based characters? =P I kid I kid I agree she's a carry-style character.

I think the primary thing that keeps Katarina from being an over-powered character IS her ultimate, now bear with me while I explain this.

She has strong laning ability, good harassment capabilities, a medium-strong escape mechanic, and a nice debuff/damage mitigation (KI through BB or Shunpo respectively).

What we forget is she has a variable single target ult until L11. Before L11 if she ults while two enemy champions are around her damage is cut in half for each, 50% damage reduction to a single target when you are a burst character is brutal. This means than it early full on teamfights her potential to rack up kills is greatly reduced if someone hangs by their favorite squishy to defend them. Her ult also makes her a sitting target for a bit, but thank god you can walk away from it and stop it, but it hands a huge "focus me" sign on her, and announces itself with a loud noise that says "HEY LOOK I'M ULTING MOVE IT OR LOSE IT" (not that this is a bad thing, i think more ults need announced with better soundwork, halt the time I never know rammus is ulting for instance).

In a full L10 teamfight when katarina Ults her damage, per character, drops to 20% per character, the damage from tibbers for instance, to that same stupidly clustered group, is 100% to each of them, 400% bonus damage total. In a multi-target situation Katarina gets weaker. At L11 this changes, now if all 5 are around each takes ~40% of the damage, tibbers still does 100%. At L16 60% damage.

Now I'm, well aware the cluster of 5 is never going to happen normally, but it indiacates one of the balancing factors. In a tight teamfight situation her ult doesn't reach real effective burst damage until L16. This is one of the balancing factors for her, if it hit all 5 targets for full it would be OMG WTF BBQ OP, but as it is this mechanic gives her a lot more balance.

Tera8yte

06-06-2010

In terms of early game, I'd say kat is OP, because her bouncing blades and healing reduction gives her amazing lane control. During team fights however, it's really up to how well the enemy team can cancel her ult. A team with lots of stuns/fears/taunts will do very well against kat.

Cyresea

06-06-2010

Bouncing Blades is stupidly OP. Extremely high return for very little effort.
Shunpo is balanced.
KI is balanced.
Death Lotus (at 11+) is either ridiculously OP or ridiculously UP, depending on enemy team composition (no CC = OP, heavy CC = UP to the point of being broken).

Bouncing Blades needs a nerf, Death Lotus needs to be remade so it's at least functional regardless of the enemy team composition.

JunKx

06-06-2010

BB CAN be strong (it isn't OP but its probably going to get a nerf anyway from all this crying everywhere)
shunpo is pretty balanced
death lotus is either devastating or useless. and can go from devastating to useless with 1 click of the mouse from 90% of the champions in the game.

i'd say shes pretty balanced overall. even if you call bouncing blades OP OP OP waaaah - well she is basically relying on BB and shunpo for damage since she can assume her ult will at best get off half its damage before you either get out of the way or stop her.

she is vastly OP in a game with amumu however - its just a combo that is nearly unbeatable.

Prosecutor Godot

06-06-2010

She's a little OP early game, balanced overall.