Ki strike is counter intuitive to noobs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xienwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

Rupture would tell you in a mouseover on your Death Recap "DON'T MOVE WHEN YOU SEE BLOOD SPURTING!" and you would learn after the first time it happens. Or you could even just read the info screen on the new champion with such a skill and it will explain the consequences.

Ki Strike is a passive, thus it doesn't show you any information on it ANYWHERE, unless you are the person actually playing the champion. It may show up in the death recap, but in the example stated, the person who made the mistake isn't the one who died.

Crowlz

06-06-2010

I hate ki strike!

Cyresea

06-06-2010

Ki Strike would be fine if they'd update the in-game and website tooltips. (In-game not when playing Shen, but when targetting him and seeing he has Ki Strike ready -- it just says something like "Shen's next attack will do bonus damage.")

This website isn't much help. Under Shen's description it just says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen's Profile
Ki Strike - Every 8 seconds, Shen's next attack deals bonus damage.
Nothing about how taking damage decreases the prep time. I don't know if his passive icon gives the details when you're playing him in-game, since I don't own him. Even if it does though, of course it offers zero help to people who don't play him.

slowpokie

06-06-2010

No need for in-game tooltips, but updated in-client and website database info would help a lot.

Dcakes

06-06-2010

Quote:
Tips

Playing As

*A well-timed Feint can almost completely eliminate an enemy's damage output, and is quite effective against damage over time spells like Rune Prison.

*Shen can be built as a fighter, mage, or tank.

*Try to keep an eye on your allies' health, even if in remote lanes, as Stand United can be used anywhere on the map. You can use F2-F5 to target them quickly.
Playing Against

(Coming Soon)

kinda funny reading on the website that Riot hasnt described anyway to fight against shen

Salacavalini

06-06-2010

How about red text that says BLEEDING floating upwards similar to Pantheon's BLOCKED text while you move.

Honestly, it's a little depressing to hear that they're against certain unique or unusual ability ideas only because they're catering to people with the association abilities of a common housefly. A common housefly will keep flying head-first into window glass indefinitely, despite hitting its head as he cannot pass through it.

Heck, how about just making it weaker and a non-ultimate? Would give them time to figure it out if the damage rate wasn't too high.

Aarku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musokage View Post
+1, and +over 9000 if I could.

I hate casuals, and I especially hate when designers cater to them. You can look up any champion's skill set in full, vivid detail from within the game client itself. Are you new? Familiarize yourself with the champions before you enter MM; when a new champion comes out look it over so you aren't caught unaware. As always, RTFM could solve a lot of problems, but people are too lazy.
I am a casual, I work 13hrs a day... I read up on all champions and play as many as I can to familarise myself with what the "enemy" can do.

Ruduen

06-06-2010

First off, to everybody who's wondering about the whole rupture thing: They're not talking about Cho'gath's move, they're talking about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb in lasagna View Post
A lot of the spells/abilities in dota can be found in this game but one really cool move is missing. Bloodseekers trademark ability. The the name of the ability was Rupture...It was an interesting ability where the person the ability was used on took damage when they moved. It was a really interesting ability and almost acted as a snare when the person realized they were hit with the ability.

I think it would be a cool move to have in this game like it was in dota.

edit: Had the wrong name of the ability!
The argument against it is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
It's more that the effect is too far removed from the player. Unless you "know" what's going on, it's not intuitive as to why you got wtfpwnd.

A similar move that slowed you progressively more as you moved would be much more acceptable in my opinion, as that gives immediate feedback.

That being said, my perspective: The argument about Shen's Ki Strike being unintuitive is hogwash. It's not even a whole ton of damage, and the fact that his glow increases more is obvious. If he's shielding, it's obvious, and if you're not doing damage, the fact that you should stop attacking him is, again, obvious.

In addition, the bonus is in the recharge time of a normal enemy attack, and Shen's normal attack isn't even the most DPSish thing around. The fact that you shouldn't attack the tank is MUCH more obvious that the fact that you're losing health because you're moving, and you're bleeding because of it. I'd like to really see any newbie NOT move after getting attacked.

TLDR: People are QQing that a move's not being added, then QQ about Shen more. Newbies learn not to attack Shen faster than they'd learn to not move. Deal with it.

Lovely Dolphin

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcakes View Post
kinda funny reading on the website that Riot hasnt described anyway to fight against shen
there is no counter, he is god after all