Ki strike is counter intuitive to noobs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

killsteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

The whole game is very unfriendly to noobs, ki strike is just one of the many examples, and honestly not even close to the most significant one. How about focusing an ulting Alistar with low hp, 1v1 auto attacking a Jax, chasing Singed, or playing against any stealth champ... The only way to play effectively is to learn every champs abilities, and not knowing them is part of what makes them noobs.

LuvlyOvipositor

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilpigeon View Post
Ki strike is arguably more difficult to pick up than rupture. It only takes being ruptured a few times to realise that it only hurts when you move, whereas it's much less obviosu that your damage is proccing shen's passive.
I've played with a friend who would run while ruptured every single **** time. In our 4v4 games we could count on getting a kill from him just by rupturing him and then retreating.

As for Ki strike, I think it's fine. There should be a reason why targeting tanks is painful (besides their carry destroying you). Axe is a great example of this, low dps when he isn't targeted, crazy high dps when focused.

shadowwada

06-06-2010

L2P tbh you boons

iNsAyNe

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikou Kiba View Post
So, your saying that cause people are to oblivious to realize how something works, that it has to be taken out of the game?

Why not just tell them, that if they attack they will die, and try to explain why. If that wont work, have a fun game.
Riot doesn't like noob-dangerous elements in the game.

ZRoE

06-06-2010

i completely forgot about this despite reading it when shen was released and having played 100ish games with a shen in them =(

Anyway if riot is taking the path that they are, then they should probably do something about it. this probably wouldve gone unknown to me if i hadnt seen this thread as i dont play shen at all.

Note: not saying it should be nerfed.

SoopaTomato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-06-2010

sorry, i spend time looking stuff up before diving into games EXACTLY so i wouldn't do stupid **** like autoattack shen

why does the game need to be dumbed down for ******s? they can go look up ki strike themselves

Musokage

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosecutor Godot View Post
A lot of stuff is counter-intuitive to noobs and is still in the game. For example, I can fool my opponent into thinking he can kill me with Blitzcrank. Of course, my passive will activate and I'll move a bit and Grab+Punch him into my tower for the kill.

Same thing would happen with Rupture. After a falling for it a few times they WILL eventually learn.

I totally disagree with Guinsoo on this matter. I couldn't disagree more, in fact.
+1, and +over 9000 if I could.

I hate casuals, and I especially hate when designers cater to them. You can look up any champion's skill set in full, vivid detail from within the game client itself. Are you new? Familiarize yourself with the champions before you enter MM; when a new champion comes out look it over so you aren't caught unaware. As always, RTFM could solve a lot of problems, but people are too lazy.

Urobolus

06-06-2010

Yeah, because there's no way Shen can actually force enemies to attack him.

Nope. Not at all.

Beegly Boogs

06-06-2010

He's a tank.

Don't attack him. What is counter intuitive?

Musokage

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urobolus View Post
Yeah, because there's no way Shen can actually force enemies to attack him.

Nope. Not at all.
Because there is no way Annie can actually force enemies to eat a stunbear.

Nope. Not at all.

All I'm hearing crying about a well designed ability.