Ki strike is counter intuitive to noobs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lovely Dolphin

06-06-2010

shen chases after a squishy, shen deals burst dmg for awhile, nearby champs sees this squishy needing "help"

Nearby champs start autoattacking shen despite doing no dmg, the squishy being targeted dies faster.

I feels its counterintuitive for newbs/noobs who dun know how ki strike works, like bloodseeker's rupture

how does a newb know how ki strike works if he didnt read the description
Noobs panic and subconsciously want to target shen more cos he is "dangerous"

Its fine if they are hitings 200+ per hit but dealing like 20dmg punishes the team more just because they have a weak damage noob who wont stop hitting shen, which the noob wanted to help in the 1st place

Osamodas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

I just realised...

I'm a noob. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

MASE STUN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Dolphin View Post
shen chases after a squishy, shen deals burst dmg for awhile, nearby champs sees this squishy needing "help"

Nearby champs start autoattacking shen despite doing no dmg, the squishy being targeted dies faster.

I feels its counterintuitive for newbs/noobs who dun know how ki strike works like bloodseeker's rupture
i think you might be on to something. ki strike needs to be taken out.

Raikou Kiba

06-06-2010

So, your saying that cause people are to oblivious to realize how something works, that it has to be taken out of the game?

Why not just tell them, that if they attack they will die, and try to explain why. If that wont work, have a fun game.

Tryll

06-06-2010

Quote:
so, your saying that cause people are to oblivious to realize how something works, that it has to be taken out of the game?]
Well Riot did say they won't add an ability that damages you if you move because it isn't easy for noobs to pick up on.

MASE STUN

Recruiter

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikou Kiba View Post
So, your saying that cause people are to oblivious to realize how something works, that it has to be taken out of the game?

Why not just tell them, that if they attack they will die, and try to explain why. If that wont work, have a fun game.
i guess you must be new around here. riot explicitly stated as their sole reason for refusing to introduce a "bloodseeker rupture"-type ability was that it was counterintuitive to noobs.

Meridian

06-06-2010

So, you're saying the game needs to be made simpler because some people fail to find out how a particular ability works?

Nice.

EDIT: This is why LoL will never be taken seriously by truly competitive players. It is impossible to have a truly balanced and varied game if you only target it to the "noobs."

Katjak

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
So, you're saying the game needs to be made simpler because some people fail to find out how a particular ability works?

Nice.

EDIT: This is why LoL will never be taken seriously by truly competitive players. It is impossible to have a truly balanced and varied game if you only target it to the "noobs."
Let's consider a theoretical hero called, "Crazy Man" with the following passive: If he has killed an odd number of players the following passive is active, the moment he has an even number of kills the passive is inactive: Crazy man gets a % bonus based on how long the game has lasted. If your'e on an even minute he gains +30% damage, -40% hp. If your on an odd minute the opposite happens. Effectively alternating him between DPS and tank.

I am positive there will be people failing to find out how this ability works. In addition, you could actually tweak the numbers of this passive to make it balanced. Skills like this would be completely detrimental to newer players and would likely cause confusion every single game he's in.

Veteran: "You ****ing noob, he's got 17 kills and its 17:43 into the game, you can't target Crazy Man you idiot. Don't you set a minutely alarm clock when Crazy Man has an Odd number of kills? gtfo my game"

Beginner: "err... right..."

Note that just because a game is simpler it does not mean it can't be competitive. As an example, note that Street Fighter has much more competitive backing than Marvel VS Capcom although the latter has more things going on and is "more confusing."

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

06-06-2010

Ki strike is arguably more difficult to pick up than rupture. It only takes being ruptured a few times to realise that it only hurts when you move, whereas it's much less obviosu that your damage is proccing shen's passive.

Prosecutor Godot

06-06-2010

A lot of stuff is counter-intuitive to noobs and is still in the game. For example, I can fool my opponent into thinking he can kill me with Blitzcrank. Of course, my passive will activate and I'll move a bit and Grab+Punch him into my tower for the kill.

Same thing would happen with Rupture. After a falling for it a few times they WILL eventually learn.

I totally disagree with Guinsoo on this matter. I couldn't disagree more, in fact.