Let's talk about Cleanse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Landa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2010

The 2 things cleanse wont save you from is ashe and someone chasing you with lizard buff.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizamimi View Post
I've got two possible reworks in mind.

Cleanse v1
Grants your champion immunity to stuns, slows, taunts, fears, snares, sleeps, and immobilizes for 3 seconds. Cooldown: 330 seconds. Mastery: Increases duration by 2 seconds and reduces cooldown by 30 seconds.

Cleanse v2
Removes all debuffs from your champion and grants immunity to subsequent stuns, slows, taunts, fears, snares, sleeps, and immobilizes for for the next 2 seconds. Cooldown: 240 seconds. Mastery: Reduces cooldown by 30 seconds.

In both versions, Cleanse is essentially getting a buff, as it provides immunity to CC, rather than a reduced duration. However, the cooldown in both versions is also vastly increased, pushing 4-5 minutes.

Thoughts?
And then Yi and Tryndamere are god tier again.

Zzphantom

06-05-2010

Idiots: Oh no, somebody used Flash to teleport into me and kill me/run away from me faster, please Riot, take it out!!!

Riot: Sure!

Idiots: Thanks, Riot!! Now about that Cleanse...Oh, and while you're at it, can we have MORE champions, and no new maps to play them on? That'd be super cool, and definitely would be considered new and interesting content.

DonkeyBalls

06-05-2010

LOL I got negged. Pretty much sums up this forum's readers. Funny.

Simon Belmont2

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyBalls View Post
LOL I got negged. Pretty much sums up this forum's readers. Funny.
I tend to upvote people who get downvoted unless it's a generally unwarranted insult. Because I find that many people use the downvote system as a means to just "disagree" with your opinion when they don't want to be bothered to take the time to explain why.

A lot of people here are intellectually challenged. OR they are just really really lazy. But the way I see it is, if you disagree with someone who made a thought out point about something, then just walk away if you're too lazy to include your 2 cents.

Fluffy1

06-05-2010

you missed morg on your ult list, she suffers from cleanse alot harder then most champs. and now her shield is **** and her pit being avoidable she really has nothing anymore, riot gutted her.

Epityr

06-05-2010

Cleanse.. woooooooooooosh.

Guess which team won.

phalzum

06-05-2010

they should make a summoner spell silence that doesn't let the target use summoner spells either :P

MuffinLung

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Ghost would be the new Cleanse, and OP, and Cleanse would be overly situational and UP.
I suppose you're right. I think the main problem with cleanse is that it makes the game a bit too easy in some situations. "I'll gank ashe or morg any day, I'll just cleanse their ults when or if they use it on me. And if they don't use it on me, I'll still have my cleanse ready!". I think to make it more balanced and "skillful", Cleanse should grant a whatever-second immunity to snares/stuns/slows/debuffs, but it shouldn't REMOVE them from you. That way, you would have to be much more careful and anticipate and predict more often. Did you see Ashe fire her arrow? activate cleanse to be immune to it before it hits. Getting ready to gank Ryze and don't want to be snared? Activate Cleanse for the 3-second immunity just before heading in.

When a Melee hero gets exhausted, he just has to run and wait it out before he can hit again. If I have my Cleanse active, Ashe would just have to wait it out before my immunity wears of and THEN use her arrow.
You hear of people commenting on "nice flash getaway", or "healed us just in time, nice". When someone cleanses, it's just "ooh ffs". But with this new idea of a cleanse, it would be regarded as more skillful and wellplayed.

Oh God Its Yi

06-05-2010

Real issue: Flash used to be "OP". It was the must-have spell that everyone took because it helped them escape. If timed properly, Flash would easily dodge any of the skills you mentioned, with nearly half the cooldown it has now.
Now that flash has been nerfed to hell, everyone needed a new way to survive. Cleanse is the best option. Now, Riot is about to nerf it to hell.
It's funny, because a lot of balance is happening so that it's easier to survive. On the other hand, if Flash remained untouched, nobody would have any issues surviving.