Let's talk about Cleanse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zack1996

06-05-2010

Cleanse seems to be doing the wrong thing. It's countering powerful CCs but failing beyond all life against spammable CCs.

Let's take a look at Ashe. Assuming that you are playing against her, you will be facing 2 forms of CC:
Frost Shot (Slow)
Enchanted Crystal Arrow (Stun/Slow)

In this case, Cleanse counters Enchanted Crystal Arrow really well but is nonsense against Frost Shot.

Cleanse is hurting those long CD CCs a lot. Not only does it negate a really powerful CC, but it can save your life. However, when up against short CD CCs, Cleanse fails. You cleanse the CC once and get it again a while later.

Why does Cleanse completely remove the buff for Ultimates? Why not just let the 50% CC reduction take care of it?

I do realise the implications of this, as it would make some Ultimates extremely powerful, so in turn, instead of CC reduction, why not for debuffs in general?

TL;DR: Cleanse should not dispel CCs inflicted by Ultimates. However, the 50% CC reduction is changed to debuffs reduction.

IGNITE IS UNAFFECTED!

Just a list of Champions affected:

Champions with Ultimates affected:
Morgana
Mordekaiser
Teemo
Annie (Stunning with Tibbers)
Gangplank (doesn't matter anyway)
Kennen (Stunning with Maelstorm)
Heimerdinger (Slow from Frost Turrets)
Warwick
Amumu
Malphite (Does Cleanse affect Knock Ups?)

Other Champions:
Any other chamions with DoT skills.
Any other champions with Blind.
etc.

Discuss.

Simon Belmont2

06-05-2010

Riot seemed to have created champion abilities that they had no idea how to balance. So their solution was this really, summoner abilities.

MuffinLung

06-05-2010

Cleanse is so broken right now...I think the problem is that it is trying to do too many things at once.

I think they need to split off some of the effects from Cleanse into new/other abilities. Like why not just make Ghost remove all slows and stuns/snares as well, and make Cleanse just remove non-snaring debuffs?

Arkkan

06-05-2010

First, Tibbers doesn't stun. Annie's passive is what can create the stun with Tibbers so her ultimate is not actually affected by cleanse in any way. Same with Kennen. Malphite is unaffected as you can't cleanse knockups.

Ultimates are nothing more than really powerful abilities on a longer than normal cooldown and shouldn't follow any special rules when it comes to quicksilver sash, cleanse, or anything else. Instead, champions should be balanced based on the fact that people do have the option of selecting cleanse as a summoner spell and I'm sure riot does take that into consideration.

Gorchek

06-05-2010

Eh, cleanse isn't as good as ghost on some characters. It's not too awful right now.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2010

Cleanse is fine.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2010

Aren't the really hard CCs/Debuffs the reason why people bring Cleanse?

Galgus

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinLung View Post
Cleanse is so broken right now...I think the problem is that it is trying to do too many things at once.

I think they need to split off some of the effects from Cleanse into new/other abilities. Like why not just make Ghost remove all slows and stuns/snares as well, and make Cleanse just remove non-snaring debuffs?
Ghost would be the new Cleanse, and OP, and Cleanse would be overly situational and UP.

Gizamimi

06-05-2010

I've got two possible reworks in mind.

Cleanse v1
Grants your champion immunity to stuns, slows, taunts, fears, snares, sleeps, and immobilizes for 3 seconds. Cooldown: 330 seconds. Mastery: Increases duration by 2 seconds and reduces cooldown by 30 seconds.

Cleanse v2
Removes all debuffs from your champion and grants immunity to subsequent stuns, slows, taunts, fears, snares, sleeps, and immobilizes for for the next 2 seconds. Cooldown: 240 seconds. Mastery: Reduces cooldown by 30 seconds.

In both versions, Cleanse is essentially getting a buff, as it provides immunity to CC, rather than a reduced duration. However, the cooldown in both versions is also vastly increased, pushing 4-5 minutes.

Thoughts?

DonkeyBalls

06-05-2010

People who gave negatives to the OP are not yet fully grown, I'm sure. He offers a point of view and backs it up in a well written manner. You disagree? Post why or just go away. Negatives aren't a replacement of reason. I happen to disagree with the OP. I also respect his thread.