Best "Cheap" champion

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAubrey View Post
Sivir. A team with a Sivir can outpush the other team, and when you stack Aegis / Stark's, and her Ult, your team just tears teamfights apart.

Ashe is great, but completely overplayed.
Sivir is more useless than Kyle in my book, she isn't even worth 450 IP.

EnygmaSoul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

Sivir is like many of the support champions in that the amount of contribution she brings to the table is usually directly related to who her teammates are. In order to maximize the advantage On the Hunt brings to team fights, you need at least two other physical damage oriented allies (the movement speed is always useful, but without enough right-clickers in the team, the attack speed buff goes to waste.)

However, even outside of team fights she manages to be one of the strongest pushers in the game, capable of clearing creep waves and pushing down towers faster than anyone in the game. She's in many ways very similar to Master Yi, only she has the advantage of being a ranged dps to his melee, and comes with a little bit more innate survivability.

Her major drawback is the lack of any sort of crowd control to help her keep her chosen dps targets in range, and this is usually circumvented by grabbing a Frozen Mallet (after Stark, of course).

Priamos

06-06-2010

Ashe and Sivir are awesome. Sivir takes a bit more finesse to play than Ashe because

1) She can't gank very well
2) Spell Shield is kinda difficult to master

To all those who say Sivir is useless:

1) She is an awesome aura support character for DPS teams, and she can farm and push very well. Starks/Aegis/Ulti means that if you have a DPS-oriented team, you'll wreck enemies.

2) With a Banshee's Veil, you're practically immune to CC alongside your Spellshield. How many carries can boast that?

3) Great pusher, and pushing wins games, not going 9-0 as Kassadin.

Anyways, on the support side, if you can Janna and Soraka, you'll never have a shortage of people wanting to play with you.

Joeface

06-06-2010

Ashe is the best, spam that volley.
But Nunu will always hold a special place in my heart. (he is kinda bad with the massive cleanse stacking going on atm)

Lawful

06-06-2010

Right, only problem is that Sivir is easily replaced by any other champion and HE WILL do better than she would of and benefit the team, especially if he has some means of CC.

Crannicus

06-06-2010

Mundo wins when he pleases!

Seriously, though, I can think of a few good champions to pick up when you're first getting used to the game, depending on your play style:

Ashe
(450 IP): There's a reason she's used in the tutorial -- she's an easy hero to pick up, but a tough one to truly master. Basically a meat-and-potatoes ranged DPS with some useful crowd control in freeze volley and her ult. And no, I haven't mastered her yet.
Soraka (450 IP): Granted, you might not get many champion kills with this hero, but most people on your team will love you if you play her competently. A great support champion who can farm quite well with her AOE damage spell. Her heals can and do impact momentum in team fights.
Zilean (1350 IP): Good support, considerable damage on timebomb, and survivability built in to his character (in the form of +mvspd on his E skill). His ultimate can be very handy in team fights, and his passive (+exp) can help your team outlevel the opposing team.
Tristana (1350 IP): Great range, and can be a very solid ranged DPS character. She doesn't have as much CC as Ashe, but she does have attack speed built in, and Rocket Jump can be brutal in the right hands.
Dr. Mundo (1350 IP): If you're looking for survivability and the capability to deal massive amounts of damage in a short amount of time, Mundo could be your Madman. This guy's cleaver makes chasing possible, and when used by the right player, he can be a monster.
Twisted Fate (1350 IP): I'd be hard-pressed not to suggest this hero to you, as he is my favourite -- both in terms of theme and skill allotment. You can teleport anywhere on the board. You can slow, stun, or deal cheap damage in a single skill. You have one of the greatest skills for long-ranged harrass (maybe not damage-wise, but range-wise) in the game. And you have built in +attack speed. What's not to like?

Exhausted

06-06-2010

Soraka! sure, there are other great champs for 450 (Ashe, I see you), but there are too many games where 5 people just pick dps champs...with Soraka as a support (and of of the best in game at that) will just win more games for you then ashe/ryze/yi/whatever dps
especially at lower lvls...had a funny game with Trynda getting 2x quadra from 2v5 fight me being a Soraka behind his back

KittensDeluxe

06-06-2010

NuNu's ult is underrated really. Sure it is easy to cancel, but they actually have to cancel it. Being somewhat of a tank NuNu serves his job just fine and is one of my favorite characters. He has good survivability and early game play due to his passive and ability to eat creeps for damage and healing. He can buff both himself and your DPS at the same time, a great ability, and can slow running enemies for more than considerable damage. As for his ult, which can be canceled fairly easily, it can do big damage if you get it off, provides slow for a few seconds, and gives the opposing team a wtf moment. This means they either have to run, take a big hit, or cancel you. If they choose to cancel you, thats some focus that comes off your teammates and on to you, making them last longer and giving your dps more time own face.

xDiamantx

06-06-2010

Soraka makes a **** team ok.

Crannicus

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensDeluxe View Post
NuNu's ult is underrated really. Sure it is easy to cancel, but they actually have to cancel it. Being somewhat of a tank NuNu serves his job just fine and is one of my favorite characters. He has good survivability and early game play due to his passive and ability to eat creeps for damage and healing. He can buff both himself and your DPS at the same time, a great ability, and can slow running enemies for more than considerable damage. As for his ult, which can be canceled fairly easily, it can do big damage if you get it off, provides slow for a few seconds, and gives the opposing team a wtf moment. This means they either have to run, take a big hit, or cancel you. If they choose to cancel you, thats some focus that comes off your teammates and on to you, making them last longer and giving your dps more time own face.
Banshee's Veil on Nunu also forces them to cancel twice, as opposed to just once. :P

1234567 ... 12