When to get GA on AD carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dane Belthound

05-17-2012

Just watched a chaox Varus game and I noticed he opted for GA over LW late game. It was an even game on the kills front (20/20) however, he only had 4 deaths and like 14 kills. I was wondering if it is common to grab GA over LW at that point?

His build at the time was:
beserkers
2 dorans
PD
IE
BT

I have noticed when I play kog that getting LW at that point int he game makes me shred people like crazy. Should I be opting for GA though instead?

Amoc

05-17-2012

You get GA when your team can't afford for you to be dead in a teamfight. If I'm playing Kog'Maw or Vayne late game, for example, I kill things (even tanks) so fast they barely have time to react. If I die and need to spend 50 seconds dead, that's often GG, or at the very least we lose towers, baron or inhibs. GA is great for situations like that because if you're hard focused and go down, you pop back up shortly afterwards and can really screw with the enemy team's focus and timing.

Once you die the first time, the enemy team has to switch focus for a short period of time and go after something (hopefully) tankier. While they're doing that, you pop back up out of nowhere and start shredding people, and because of your lifesteal (hopefully) you're back to full health in no time. Good teams obviously anticipate this and will coordinate a switch back to you or save some CC for it, but in solo queue it's often not that easy and it makes GA one of the best items in the game for a late game hyper carry.

DarkenDragon

05-17-2012

question is why would you need LW if your already shreeding people to begin with, if you dont need the armor pen, the item isnt worth getting. and with IE, BT and PD hes got more than enough damage, if the enemy isnt building armor, LW wont be much help.

also GA is great on champions that get focused a lot. especially if they're a team fighter. cuz I always believe that high DPS means **** if you cant survive, and if you have really high DPS chances are you'll be the focus of being killed first.

for a good varus player, they will always stick to staying behind their allies, thus that means the enemy team has to go through his entire team just to get to varus. and if they do kill varus by chance, well now they got to sit there for a few seconds to kill him again, but within those few seconds, they gotta deal with the rest of the team thats been beating on them. chances are they'll be wasting their abilities on the rest of the team, by the time varus comes back up during the chaos, he'll be able to help pick off a few more people, gain his life back through life steal, and also the chances of him dying again are so slim because everyone is too occupied with the rest of the team. the only time this wont happen is if the enemy is well organized and someone is coordinating the attack,

FlavenMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

GA is good if you have tanky champs that can cover for you while you're dead, and if you have enough AS and lifesteal to survive once you revive. This is usually a strategy where they only have on real threat on their team, so you can shred them down at the cost of your own life, then come back and finish the rest off now that the big DPS is gone.

Defile

05-17-2012

GA > LW if they dont have tons of armor or if ur playing a champ like vayne or kog that is already super strong late game with some abilities that lets u help shred tanky ppl

Alphabetical

05-17-2012

never, so many better items that gold could be used on to prevent you from dying in the first place.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

Get it when your team can't afford for you to die, and/or when they have an assassin going after you. Xerath will leave you the @#$% alone if you take GA and go after your APC instead from his stupidly long range.